Anyone TTC #2? Buddies?!

Nope!! Doesnt always take! I had a hot spot about the size of a softball that didnt take and had to get a 5cc bolus every 4ish hours because it would wear off! My luck thats where he got stuck

They said he got stuck on my hip bone which is where the bruise on his head came from and the pain I was feeling was from a nerve where he was stuck. It wasn't a bone or muscular pain, really hard to describe but the worst pain ever

Oh yeah and he came out sunny side up Superman style with an arm up, which may or may not have caused it. The look on hubs face was priceless, he bout puked

Dying at all of the images from your birth stories! :rofl:

My labor was actually kind of scary. I went into labor at 1:30 in the morning, was tossing and turning in bed and it took me a few minutes to realize that I was having contractions. I woke DH up, hopped on the computer and informed all of my forum ladies that I was in labor. Monitored my contractions for an hour and tried to eat a bowl of cereal because I knew that they likely wouldn't let me eat anything at the hospital. Couldn't finish the bowl of cereal and contractions were 5 minutes apart so DH took me into the hospital. Went to Triage and had high blood pressure, labs came back normal. They still diagnosed me with pre-eclampsia and kept me in Triage between 5-7 hours before finally wheeling me off to L&D. My OB went to break my water only to discover that it had broken on its own in Triage. Shortly after going to L&D my contractions started to become unbearable, I was shaking uncontrollably and DS's vitals crashed every time I had one. Finally got my epidural at about 9 or 10 hours into labor and 6 cm dilated. The epidural seemed to help a lot, DS's vitals stopped crashing. Was given magnesium for my blood pressure, antibiotics (I had tested positive for group b strep a couple of weeks sooner), and induced to speed up labor because of the high blood pressure. About an hour and a half after my induction I was ready to push. About 20 minutes later DS was born. My whole labor was roughly 12 hours long.

Jeez Powell - that sounds so painful! And lol about little man coming out like superman!

Kalon your labor sounds frightening. I can't imagine being in that much pain and knowing that it's hurting the baby too. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

Oh it was!! But the pain was a blur the moment I saw his bald head being handed to me and he locked eyes with me

AFM - I was passed out after a big dinner and a bath, woke up at 5:30am with a big contraction and I thought to myself "omg this is the worst diarrhea pain ever" and had my water not have broken right as I sat up I probably would have given birth in the toilet thinking I was having diarrhea lol. DH turned the light on and I sat there in a puddle LOL. We arrived at the hospital and I was already 4cm dilated. All I can remember was telling hubs to shut up and not touch me - and begging for ice so I could lay in it because I was so hot!!! Around 7am ish I got my epidural but it didn't work at all - I felt everything but my arms were numb? They tingled and all I remember was thinking that I was dying because my vagina was on fire and my arms were going to fall off lol. So she was pretty much natural. I pushed for about 30 minutes and then DD came into the world at 8:24am!! Went into shock and started shaking and had a fever of 101. something, but they monitored me pretty close! Immediately went to the bathroom to pee and looked at my stomach and was grossed out lmao

Dying at all of the images from your birth stories! :rofl:

My labor was actually kind of scary. I went into labor at 1:30 in the morning, was tossing and turning in bed and it took me a few minutes to realize that I was having contractions. I woke DH up, hopped on the computer and informed all of my forum ladies that I was in labor. Monitored my contractions for an hour and tried to eat a bowl of cereal because I knew that they likely wouldn't let me eat anything at the hospital. Couldn't finish the bowl of cereal and contractions were 5 minutes apart so DH took me into the hospital. Went to Triage and had high blood pressure, labs came back normal. They still diagnosed me with pre-eclampsia and kept me in Triage between 5-7 hours before finally wheeling me off to L&D. My OB went to break my water only to discover that it had broken on its own in Triage. Shortly after going to L&D my contractions started to become unbearable, I was shaking uncontrollably and DS's vitals crashed every time I had one. Finally got my epidural at about 9 or 10 hours into labor and 6 cm dilated. The epidural seemed to help a lot, DS's vitals stopped crashing. Was given magnesium for my blood pressure, antibiotics (I had tested positive for group b strep a couple of weeks sooner), and induced to speed up labor because of the high blood pressure. About an hour and a half after my induction I was ready to push. About 20 minutes later DS was born. My whole labor was roughly 12 hours long.

That does sound scary :( glad everything was alright in the end though!! :hugs:

Hi Ladies...

https://img4.imagetitan.com/img4/small/11/11_image155.jpg

Looks positive?

Will have to DTD today!

Fingers crossed x

Still have quite bad AF cramps but no AF yet, I was convinced I'd started this morning. I'm only CD20, cycles are normally 27/28 days but AF came CD24 last cycle. I usually only get cramps the a few hours before AF.

Hey guys! I seemed to miss a big get to know you last night while I was asleep over this side of the world!
I live in a small village called Moira but it's only about 20 mins drive or train from Belfast which is pretty big city for Ireland standards! Our village has a gas station and a butchers a fruit and vegetable shop and two pubs! Of course there can't possibly be a village in Ireland without a pub!!

My birth story is a little too long to get into but I went into labour with DS at 27 weeks.....obviously I was in a complete panic that he was going to come so early!! But luckily he managed to hang on for another 7 and a half weeks! Although for those 7 and a half weeks I was contracting every 15 minutes constantly without any rest or relief!! I bled several times and kept thinking he was coming but we got to 34 weeks before he was born! Ended up being an emergency c section as his heart rate was dropping with my intense contractions ! I could have kissed the anaesthesiologist ......I literally hugged him after he made me numb for the c section as I hadn't been out of pain for 7 and a half weeks and could have skipped for joy! Anyway that was it in a nutshell!! Really really really hoping for a more straightforward pregnancy next time!!

Love hearing everyone's stories! Our bodies are weird and wondrous things aren't they!!

Well today is day AF due and it totally feels like it is coming cramping and that watery feeling down there. I keep being tampons to the bathroom as it. Feels like it is starting but just not yet.....expecting it any minute though!

Hope everyone's day goes well today!

Still have quite bad AF cramps but no AF yet, I was convinced I'd started this morning. I'm only CD20, cycles are normally 27/28 days but AF came CD24 last cycle. I usually only get cramps the a few hours before AF.

Still thinking and hoping that this is a real good sign for you Angel!! Fx!! Keep us up to date!! X

Startingout- looks positive to me!! ......time to get down to it!! :) good luck!

I think I missed the get to know you too!
I'm 28, live in Bristol UK and finally married OH in April after my surprise pregnancy with our son just after we got engaged in 2011!

My birth story isn't that remarkable, waters broke at home when I was 9 days overdue, but I had to be induced as nothing happened and the waters were not clear. I had some pethidine early on which was crap, but managed the rest on gas and air. He was born the next morning.

I was induced at 37 +5 due to being high risk and the only hospital being 2.5hrs away. Induced at 2pm monday, with a catheter as I didnt want medication I was already 1cm, dilated to 3cm with contractions 3mins apart immediately following induction stayed there from 7pm untill 6pm Tuesday. Pitocen/oxytocin started and water was broke at 12am. At 6pm tuesday the Dr came in told me that I was going for a c section in 15mins and then left. I said h*ll no. Told ds he was coming out naturally well anyways at 615 I said I have to push. The nurse said no you don't, we are ready to take you now so I went with my gut and said no check me when they did(I think they were just humoring me) I was at 10cm and he was born at 6:47pm. I had been on pitocen/oxytocin for 17hrs and had an epidural for 16 hours which wore off about an hour before he was born. Totally not my birth plan but I got the best thing in my life out of it.

Powell, that's awful that he got stuck there! And don't hate me too much. I may have had a quick labor, but I had a 2nd degree tear that gave me a hematoma. After birth the midwife took 45 mins to sew me up, just to realize I was STILL bleeding. She was reaching up into my uterus and pulling out blood clots and stuff while I screamed & swore at her. Felt like a knife was stabbing into my rectum. Ended up needing vaginal surgery immediately. I was put out for that. Never got to have that warm fuzzy "meet my baby" moment with our parents (mine & my in-laws came straight to the hospital & were in the waiting room when I delivered). My husband got to be the one to announce she was a girl (we were team yellow). I lost A LOT of blood. Wasn't allowed to hold DD unless sitting or lying down. And needed 2 blood transfusions. Was in pain down under for weeks after labor.

Speaking of the "down under pain" postpartum, do you all think thats because of my vaginal surgery? Or were you all in that much pain for that long after giving birth vaginally?

Wow twinkle! That's crazy!!! I would NOT have made it through 7.5 weeks of contractions! Insane! :wacko: you re one strong mama!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->