Anyone want to buddy up with a lack of symptoms??

Hoping you guys can help me out here. I just now started feeling those same damn symptoms (but very mild)...and my heart felt like it was racing, just like before. I decided to go take my blood pressure since we have one of those little machines from a time John had to get taken from work by ambulance for getting too pissed off..lol.

Anyways, it said 105/68 (which I think is normal?) but the pulse said 115. Is that ok? That was the second time doing it, the first time it was a bit higher (pulse was a little over 120) but BP was pretty much the same.

I have NO CLUE about bp's and pulse rates, so hopefully ya'll can give me some insight.

I found this as a normal range during pregnancy

What's normal for you could be different to other mums-to-be, so don't try to compare results. The average blood pressure range for if you're healthy is between 110/70 and 120/80, although this varies a lot in pregnancy.

Your midwife will only be concerned if your blood pressure rises above 140/90. A single high reading may be misleading. Your midwife will usually take another reading just to be sure.

Seems like your top number is a bit low. But your pulse is defiantly high...I get that racing heart thing a lot. I can feel my pulse in my whole body its like my body is throbbing to it. I think you should probably call your dr. hun.

Thanks Sandi!

I just called them to see if they wanted me to come in before Thursday. They said that blood pressure and your pulse kinda run hand in hand...so while my bp is on the low side my pulse is on the high side and the pulse can raise to compensate? I told her that the worst episode happened at that 3d and she said during an ultrasound the placenta can 'crush' the artery that goes to your heart or something like that. Of course, I am already feeling yucky and I have my re-scan in two hours!! LOL!

But, she is running it by the doc to see if they want me to come in sooner. She said for the most part it can be "somewhat common" in pregnancy, but they like the bp to be higher and pulse to be lower.

Has your doc said anything about your pulse with the heart racing feelings?

He basically told me the same thing...but he did think some of my issues was my eating habits and I am depriving my body cause Gunner is taking what he needs and leaving me with nothing.

I had heard that about the placenta that is why I rarely lay flat on my back.

I am off to try to nap...I can't sleep at night so maybe I can during the morning. That is when I was napping the best. I just had toast and milk so I was a good girl and ate. LOL

Nicole good luck at that scan I can't wait to see Lucas. X

I wouldnt worry about that number as a BP if u werent pg, but in all pg woman it is common for the bp to be higher. And ur top number is low even for a woman who is not pg. Do u know what your pressure is when not feeling weird?
I would call the dr, u know your body and your totally feeling odd.....Go seek help girl.

Hehe...glad you ate something Sandi!! Enjoy your nap!

Carole: I called, waiting on them to check with the dr. on if I need to be seen prior to my Thursday appt.

Off to my re-scan soon...hoping I get through it better as it's really my last chance!

Good luck Nicole...can't wait to see ur babes and know whats up with your health.

AFM....just getting ready for my meeting at the house here.

Carole, the basement looks awesome! Goodluck on your meeting!

Sandi, those pics of Gunner are pretty good! The one with his foot by his face looks like he's sticking his tongue out!

Nicole, hope your scan went well and that you're feeling better!

Dr. on call said I can wait until my appt on Thursday to talk w/ my doc unless I get palipitations (sp?) or shortness of breath in which case to come in. Hopefully my dr. doesn't just tell me all is 'normal' since it doesn't feel like it. We'll see.

Scan went crappy. Lucas has moved into the breech position and in turn his face was pushed against the placenta (mine is high anterior now)...and he has his leg and arm covering his face. She tried for a while to get some good shots...had me move all around do some jumping jacks, eat chocolate, walk...etc. NOTHING! So I go back again in two weeks. UGHHHH!

Oh man! Lucas is being very uncooperative! Were they concerned at all that Lucas is using your placenta as a pillow?

LOL..no...pretty typical from what I have read. B/c my placenta is high and anterior it's right there were he was since he moved into a breech position. He wasn't so much smushed that it was bad or anything, just that it affects the image quality, b/c they are basically trying to view through the placenta I guess? LOL...I dunno! I just hope next time he cooperates...b/c then I will be 32 weeks, not sure how much longer I can keep going back! I am going to post the one pic they gave me last time that came out OK though.

Lucas and Gunner are stubborn little men. LOL And whats odd is just yesterday my dr decided to tell me I have a low lying placenta...and now yours is high. How often does it move I wonder?? I thought once it ws there it was there.

Tiger how you feeling today?

Hmmm...that is wierd Sandi! I've never heard of the placenta moving low later. Maybe it's always been low but they didn't mention it before? Mine moved up at the 20 week scan. Before that I had the low lying placenta w/ bleeding episodes. Didn't Gunner just move breech as well? What are these boys doing?!

That's a good question Sandi, I'm surprised it can move too.

I'm tired and grumpy today. We're not getting half of what we expected this year in tax returns which really sucks b.c we were counting on that to pay bills from the addition. So now we'll have to dip into our savings which means we won't be able to replace the windows and the roof this year. :(

Maybe it was...Tj and I remember at one of the scan her saying something about my placnta but she also said it was ok...but I guess he just now thought to mention he thought it could be a issue. And yep Gunner has been head down this whole time. I think he flipped a few weeks ago I had a huge movement one night when I was in bed and everysince then is when I have been having the funny movement but I thought it was his hands. LOL

Oh Tiger that stinks...I have been hearing alot of people say they are getting way less. :(

Tiger...I hear you! We got less too...2k less than last year. I was sooooo bummed. I mean, sure I've worked part of 2010 (pt from home), but I only made like $4200, so where do they get taking another 2k? We were going to use ours for a bunch of projects (the bathrooms and fixing up the van) and now we are still doing those things, but on a tighter budget, and that will be the WHOLE tax return :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->