April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Great news, Sweden!! So happy you're measuring ahead.

Mother - I keep hearing nausea is at its worst between weeks 8-10 and then you'll start getting better but personally I haven't found that to be true. If anything mine's even worse and I'm nearly 11 weeks. We just have to wait, I guess. Unfortunately.

As for the names, he's a weirdo. He doesn't deal well in hypotheticals and also LOVES spontaneity. He hates to be locked into things - loves going with thr flow. But this is just silly if you ask me. Still, this is the man I chose to have a child with. Lol.

Ooh i couldnt wait till baby was born to discuss names! Odd! :haha:

Going with the flow is a good trait though, kids never do what you expect :haha: the problem is once you decide a name and register the baby you're locked in anyway, what's a few months early? :haha: I'm sure you'll have a list of suggestions ready and waiting for the big day.

Rose do you think a bit of it is anxiety related? Like my OH starts to shut down a bit when I forward plan things with this little one (and was the same with DD)? When I ask him about it he says he just gets nervous to get too attached just yet so there is no need to plan and tempt fate...

With DD he got a little better after the 20 week scan but after she was born he broke down in tears and told me he really couldn't believe she was here and he was certain that something would go wrong and we wouldn't meet her. I had a bit of anger for a while as I felt a bit alone in my pregnancy but when he explained how much he really didn't think she would be OK I understood a bit more. He said he would give anything to go back and enjoy my pregnancy and talk to her (he touched my bump 3 times the whole pregnancy). We both wanted this one, but he was the real driver and I think that is because he knows he missed out a bit with DD, and understands the whole pregnancy/birth thing more!

So just wondered if maybe that was it with your OH too? Names is to anxiety provoking?

So I made toast with butter this morning as per usual but I was craving salt. So I literally sprinkled salt over my toast. Pregnancy is weird!

Sorry haven’t kept up very well!

Good news on the scans ladies! Always lovely to hear

Rose, were already talking names but dh never has good choices so I never agree and then he just comes up with the same name I’ve alteady said no to in the past lol

Smiley, oh no, hope you can some how manage it, I still feel sick every day and go weak where I have to eat instantly
Worse than my other 2, really hoping it goes soon, with my others it last til 14 weeks argh!!

Sweden, that’s so funny about the salt on the toast, I’ve been having toast and butter every day, usually a late afternoon snack, it goes down so well but I’m trying to be careful in case I’ve got diabetes again

Cupcake, good to hear from you, you sounds so busy but agree you’re doing an amazing job with 6 children already!

Mother, how did your weekend go? I’m still telling people too, I told people in the second care home I work (I work in between 3 owned by the same person,doing admin 2 days a week) I’ve got playgroup back for the first time after the holidays Nd was to pregnant when it broke up so have playgroup friends to tell, I know most people don’t say til 12 weeks but when I told the girls at work one said well I did wonder, you know when you look at someone and can’t work it out lol, so in other words I’m getting bigger! I would rather tell people before they guess and I feel a bit better about things after 4 scans, I know nothing is guaranteed but I want to start enjoying this pregnancy

Last edited:
In other news, nearly 3 weeks til Ibiza! Another all inclusive holiday wasted on me but I’ll make up for it in food haha

I've always been really disappointed that I didn't get any odd cravings like that.

Sorry to hear that smiley, I hope it won't last long. I'm getting fed up with the sickness now. I'm used to actual morning sickness, not this all day stuff.

Star, the weekend at my mum's? It was ok, I managed to keep the secret. She kept going on about holidays she wants to take us on though, and asking for the boys school dates, so I'm trying to drag out giving her the dates until I can tell her I'm pregnant and we won't be going on holiday next year.
Your holiday will still be great, and like you say, you can make up for it in food.

I didnt really have any morning sickness with my other 3 (all boys). Maybe this ones a girl. Who knows.

Star...ibiza! Enjoy! Ive never been! My hubby is off to benidorm today till sunday, its torrential over there at the minute though :haha:

Where is everyone from? Sorry if you have all already said. Im from North West, UK

Oh and with regards to telling people, I told a few close friends when i had JUST found out because i was in a state of shock and didnt know what to do but we havent told anyone since. We will aim to tell family probably around 15 weeks or so, trying to leave it as long as possible, cant be bothered with people being judgemental

I'm from South Africa. All day queasiness started last week :( We have told our close family and a handful of friends

I'm in Kent, UK.

I know what you mean. I'm only telling people I know will be happy so far haha. Not expecting a great reaction from certain family members.

I really want to tell the boys though. Trying to wait for the scan first.

My sickness has been worse each time, but significantly with the last two. The first 3 I was only sick a handful of times. Last time I was much sicker and lasted 16 weeks. This time I've been feeling sick all day every day.

I am also looking forward to telling my boys, but will defo be after my 12 week scan!

Hugs for the sickness, its not nice at all

Last edited:
Same to you.

I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow. She did say I would get a message to pick up my pregnancy pack before hand to start filling in the forms but I never heard anything. I'm hoping it won't take too long though and she'll ask me to just do the essentials and fill the rest in by myself, as my eldest two have an early finish at school and DH is going to have to distract DS3 at the park for a bit, then go get them because their bus doesn't run until 3:40 and then go get ds4 as usual.

Busy busy busy. Hope it doesnt take you too long.

My first appointment is next Thursday, gonna have to take my 2 year old with me :dohh:

Hopefully you'll be able to explain it away with him being so young.

He wont have a clue whats going on, i will just give him my phone with youtube open to keep him quiet :haha:

I’m British but living in Sweden!

I’m also taking DD to my next midwife appointment next week. Hoping the iPad will distract her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->