April ‘baby’ showers 2020

How's everyone's skin? I've for a few big spots that are really uncomfortable, and then lots of tiny little pin prick size ones. My skin had just got in a really good place after seeming stuck in teenage mode in to my 30s

Ugh, I've been dead the last few days - hope you're not all feeling like that too! My skin is really yuck this week, Mother. Previously is fine but I've broken out in the last couple of days.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia, though this baby is half Yorkshire and was conceived there (either Leeds, Sheffield or York).

Just got the results of my NIPS test and they were all clear so I'm feeling really relieved. 11w2d so almost through the first trimester and nearly ready to tell most people! Probably in the next few weeks we will.

Exciting the first trimester is almost done for you. Hopefully you'll see an end to the sickness soon too.
That's good news about your NIPS test.

My skin was bad for about 2 weeks but seems to be easing off a bit now.

Rose thats great news :happydance:

Great new about your test Rose! Can’t believe you’re at 11 weeks that feels so far away for me still!

Mother my skin is bad and had the same with DD. Buttttt with her I bought this amazing face wash and just got it again now and it helps sooo much and smells amazing. It’s called Ren Clarimatte Tzone cleansing gel. It’s expensive but it lasts a good while in my case.

Ooo I'll have a look for that Sweden, thanks.

I've got my midwife appointment in an hour and half, and I've just realised that as I know 5 expectant mums, and the appointment is at a children's centre where the only reason you would be there would be to see the midwife or health visitor, there's a good chance of bumping in to someone, especially is it's still the same as before when they midwife was only ever in on Thursday's.

Great news rose!

Mother move hadn’t one bad one under my chin which is finally going lol
Hope midwife goes well! Wear a disguise lol

Mother fingers crossed you dont see anyone!

Ive got my scan appointment through, 11th October i will be 12+6. Seems ages away :brat:

Haha smiley your poor hubby! It rained on and off last year in Ibiza but was still warm and only ever a shower, fingers crossed for sun!

I didn't see anyone thankfully. Midwife went well. Won't be seen now until November. Just to wait for my scan date now. I hope it comes soon.

Glad you didn’t bump into anyone Mother!

It’s my OHs birthday next week, and the close family is coming around (his parents and siblings)? I’ll be 9 weeks by dates or 9+4 by scan that day, do you guys think it’s too early too tell them? I know it’s my decision but interested in what you guys think...

My feeling about telling close family and friends has always been that just as they would be the people happiest for me, they would also be the people to support me should something go wrong so I prefer letting them know early on so they are there for me either way. But that’s just me

Sweden, I don't think it's too early at all. Tone honest, I told my parents and sister immediately, as well as all my colleagues (except the ones right at the top) and a handful of close friends. You are far enough along now to make it statistically unlikely for anything to go wrong, and if it does, you might when them to know anyway. If it feels okay to you, do it!

I told people early with my first few. It's more that I'm worried about how it would effect the kids if something went wrong that's stopped me from sharing the news the last few times. Also I'm worried about people's reaction this time.
It would probably be easier to say something in case they expect you to have a drink with your meal or whatever. If you feel you want to share then go ahead.

Thanks everyone! I think it’s fine. But OH is feeling we should try and wait until our 12 week scan but there is no way I won’t have a bump by then as I did with DD! I’ll talk to him this weekend- I find it so tiring trying to pretend I’m feeling fine when I actually vomiting every couple of hours!

It is exhausting hiding how you feel and making excuses to avoid certain things.

Ive just been for a last minute private scan :happydance: ahhh it was so lovely. I could have cried. Heart was beating away. Pictures are a bit rubbish though. But so pleased its just 1 bub :D

20190913_140653.jpg 20190913_140618.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->