April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Hey, sickness is still all day, but doesn't seem to be as horrible a feeling, though it can now just come on all of a sudden. I'm not making it past 8:30 most nights before I'm asleep.
I took a bus for 40 minutes to get some chicken I was craving on Saturday. Never mind that I had already started dinner, left DH to finish it, then when I got home I ate my dinner too.
I'm getting fed up with the few people who do know speculating on the babies gender though. Over my 4 pregnancies pretty much every wives tale has been disproved for me. I would like a girl but after 3 years of TTC I'm just happy to be pregnant and would much rather go along believing it's another boy.

How are you doing?

Haha, I can totally understand that chicken thing! I feel like I've been insatiably hungry recently, and am now getting fatter as a result...

Anyway, I'm still extremely exhausted but nausea might be getting better. It's still there a lot, though perhaps not as badly. I'm getting excited to tell more people next week after my 13 week ultrasound!

For no scientific reason whatsoever, I have a feeling mine is a boy. I don't nt care either way, so it's all good, but just a feeling I have. Anyone else have any vibes like that?

Hey!

My sickness has picked up a bit. I’ve had a couple of days where I have had enough and get a bit upset and down.

This morning I woke to zero nausea and was so excited as that happened with DD- one day it just stopped and I started to love being pregnant. But within 30 minutes I was vomiting violently. I’m hoping maybe it’s the very start of beginning to feel better though.

Ahh that must be annoying Mother. My family also put a lot on gender as we have no boys. So everyone always wants it to be a boy when someone is pregnant. It frustrates me like hell. Like well we’re we not enough as daughters? I know it’s not that, I know it’s just something new and exciting but it takes some beauty away from the birth when “it’s another girl”. Which is stupid. Now I have my DD, i know what she brought so much love and joy, I kind of lean towards another girl as I know how much happiness she brought. But I know I’ll have the same with a boy too.

I guess it’s a little different for you though with three boys the emphasis on a girl must be intense. I think you should just be honest and tell people you’d rather not that they speculated on the gender as you don’t want it to be the focus.

All day nausea still ongoing this side as well as congestion :( My instinct is telling me this is another boy but to be honest, I dont understand why family's and other people make such a big deal about the gender...we literally have no input whatsoever as to what we will be getting :lol: As long as my baby is healthy then I will be happy!

I've said I don't even want to think about it, but anything I say just comes back to it "oh you like spicy food? It's a girl" but I liked spicy with ds4. "Your sickness is all day? Girl?" But my sickness has been worse with each one so makes sense that it would be this bad now.
People do seem to put pressure on you, particularly if your wider family is really heavy on one gender and like you say Aphy, it's not like you have any control over it.
I think of the baby as a boy, DH has nicknamed him baby groot.

That is SO weird about the chicken cravings because for me, chicken is literally making me puke just thinking about it at the minute. I really cannot tolerate it at all :sick:

Totally get the gender speculation thing. I have 3 boys already and the few people that know about this pregnancy are constantly telling me how its DEFINITELY a girl this time. I couldnt care less tbh, in fact if anything, a boy would be easier for the sake of sharing bedrooms etc! I think it will be a boy

Still extremely nauseous here too :(

So far I've been lucky enough to not have anything I've gone right off.

I’m also loving chicken. Specifically roast chicken. It was the same with DD. I think I must have eaten like 3 chickens a week with her!

Gone of sausages completely. Thinking of them to write this actually made me vomit. Haha.

I just told me two work supervisors which was such a relief as I was so worried they would be annoyed as I’m only just coming back and then now have one foot out the door again. But they were super happy for me! Crazy how you build up problems in your head for no reason. It was early to tell them but they wanted to book some flights which I knew I couldn’t take (high risk of blood clots due to previous preeclampsia) so seemed unfair not to say!

Oh wait, that's a lie, I can't drink hot drinks. I always forget about that when I think of food haha

That's great they were happy for you. Like you say it wasn't fair to let them book something when you know you can't fly.

Honestly, I can't get enough chicken and I am a vegetarian!!! I've eaten mroe chicken the last few months than I have in my entire life.

I think you just have to go with it, there has to be a reason you're craving it.

Hi all

My nausea is getting better at the moment, still have that need to eat quite regularly but don’t feel as sick
My tiredness is still awful though, ds sleeping has been bad again though so could be due to that
Smiley, if I have a boy it would be easier for bedrooms too lol, we hope to do an extension over the next 2 years though with 2 more bedrooms so shouldn’t really matter if that gets done
At the moment I’ve got one of each, I’m happy either way, always would be just like you ladies
Dd would prefer a girl but she knows it might be a boy and we can’t choose, I kind of hope for a girl just for her sake as I have 3 sisters myself but if not I hope she’s takes it well haha

Hello everyone :)
I hope you're all OK! Aside from lots of morning sickness... That sucks.
Fabulous some of you have had your scans which have gone well :D
We have our 12 week scan in 10 days. Midwife booking in, finally, in five days. They've done something different this time. They have grouped together and now book in at hospital then do their regular visits at home, with the same midwife looking after you and hopefully when you're in labour too, but because you have an opportunity to meet the whole team you will know the midwife anyway. I really like this idea but I'm also a little sad it means I won't get the midwife I had last year, and a little guilty too because I did ask her if she would be my midwife again which she said she would but then I didn't hear from her so I'm wondering if she's just too busy. They said I could go with her if I wanted and she has space for me but I should probably just stick with this. Continuity seems a good idea as it would be so nice to know the midwife we have for birth too. They're aimed at low risk mums so I'm hoping I stay that way! Not sure about a home birth but they support this. I wanted one last year but it got too difficult.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing OK

I had my booking appoinment yesterday. Pretty uneventful! I am high risk again due to BMI over 30, previous cervical biopsy and treatment and thirdly because I had a postpartum haemorrhage after my last baby. :dohh:

Got to wait till 10th October for my scan.

Hope everyones well. My morning sickness has actually been okay for a few days now *touch wood*

I've not had a scan date through yet, I hope it won't be much longer as I'm growing impatient. It's been a week since my booking in appointment.
My sickness is still all day but gradually seems to be more manageable, except tonight I've had to put the sickness bands on as all of a sudden I feel awful.

I'm most likely going to go for another home birth so long as all stays well. I have considered going to hospital just to get a few hours break afterwards :haha: but then think if it's anything like the others I could give birth in the car, which is new, I can't see DH being impressed with that. Then again, it's been so long, what if it takes longer again or being older makes it harder or something? I don't know. There's lots of time to decide. I keep going through scenarios in my head where I have to shut the dog away and tell DS3 to wait down stairs, let the midwife in and show her to my room. Or the midwife doesn't make it and he has to catch the baby and seeing his mother's private parts in that state scars him for life :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->