April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Yes I really like Emilia- although Amelia which is veryyyyyyyy similar is so popular now.

Cupcake- we also like the flowery names but that’s where the language difference comes in, as here poppy isn’t poppy and daisy isn’t daisy. I love Lily but I know soooo many Lilys now!

Lovely names cupcake! My nephew is noah :) Oh yes i know the feeling of having your top pulled down constantly, my son still does it during the day but not for a feed, just to rest his head on :haha:

Star i didnt realise this was an ivf baby. Thats so special :cloud9: ive been induced every time too :dohh: really would like to go into labour naturally this time

Thank you smiley, all mine are ivf babies which why I didn’t want to wait too long until trying again
Ds is still obsessed with my boobs and just sits watching tv with his hand down my top and falls asleep with his hand on my boobs lol

Trying to cover everything as you guys have been busy haha

My boys were 8lb 15, 7lb 14, 8lb 4 and 8lb 4. My last 3 births were all at home. I've had one DH missed and one the midwife missed which is why I'm concerned about getting to the hospital on time.

I've got quite a few boys names and only a few girls names, but nothing I really LOVE. I quite like Evelyn, apparently it means wished for child, which would be so perfect. But I don't like how DH pronounced it when I suggested it when discussing names with Ds1. I'm so fussy, if I know anyone who has that name I won't use it. It makes it hard. All the boys would have been Beth, but not ds4 is Seth and I'm not sure if rhyming names is a bit weird. I like Noah, Levi, Logan (but that got really popular a couple of years ago) Elliott to name a few.

Ds3 was breastfed until the month before his 3rd birthday. I never intended that long, the older two I hadn't managed very long and I was determined to do 6 months with ds3, and if that worked then as close to a year as possible. But once he got going he wouldn't give up. I actually spent months preparing him that he was a big boy and soon it would be all gone like when food in the cupboard is all gone. Then went away with friends Friday to Sunday, when I got back Sunday I told him it was all gone. It was so hard not to give in as I was in pain from not feeding. The next day I found out I was pregnant with ds4.

I feel really off today, it's not morning sickness ill and not 'cold' ill, it's just weird.

I always like Evelyn mother, in the end we went for Madeleine Hope for dd and Caleb Noah for ds
Well done on the breastfeeding too, how funny you found out about being pregnant the next day!
I hope you’re feeling better tomorrow, sometimes I just feel hungover but without a headache or nausea, just achy and horrible

Mother :hugs:hope you feel better soon! And well done for breastfeeding so long. Wish I knew how to drop this last feed now, im so ready to stop.

Star thats a good way to describe it, i feel hungover a lot as well. Will be glad when these next few weeks have passed.

Ive just ordered a onesie off the Matalan website. Couldnt resist it. First purchase!

I love Madeline and Noah! Problem is we have lots of cousins called Madeline and then I told a friend when she was pregnant I’d have Noah for a boy and guess what she called her baby boy? So that one is taken!

A hangover is the best way to describe it. Just without the headache but everything else feels the same. I’m really nauseous again today. So ready for second trimester now!!

God yes I'm so ready for second tri and the nausea to disappear. Maybe I'll be able to stay awake a bit longer too. Speaking of which, I am also struggling to stay asleep. It's most annoying.

Im shattered all day then as soon as I get in bed I cant sleep. Then i wake at about 2am every night and really struggle to get back to sleep!

Is everyone finding out the gender? I said Id keep it a surprise but I feel like Im changing my mind...

I’m exactly the same smiley! Exhausted but then can’t sleep through.

No we are really going to try to keep a surprise this time! I’m a control freak but would love my OH to tell me when babies here. But seeing as we will have regular scans and basically everyone finds out here I have a feeling they’ll let slip or I won’t be able to resist!

I feel like it would be lovely to wait until the end but realistically I am so impatient and I like to be prepared. Im gonna try as long as possible to keep it a surprise :haha:

Star I absolutely LOVED my water birth last year. Out of my four the water was by miles the best birth, even with my third being the least painful. The relaxing effects of the lovely warm water just hit you instantly and it's just pure bliss. Definitely worth doing if you can.

Smiley, Castiel will pull my top down and stick his face between my boobs haha before he arrived I couldn't imagine getting to 6 months breastfeeding (had tried with the others but for various reasons didn't get beyond about 2 months) but now I have got to 10 months I can't imagine not breastfeeding!

I said I always wanted at least one surprise where gender is concerned and Castiel was meant to be that surprise but my husband wanted to find out at the 20 week scan and I caved during that scan... So I said this time has to be a surprise. He still wants to find out but I said he cannot tell anyone! Eldest didn't want to find out last year but I accidentally let slip we were expecting a boy...

We found out with ds and dd but decided we won’t this time, who knows if we actually will wait as I can already feel myself caving! I know dh will cave if I go on enough but I know really he doesn’t want to so I’m going to try and keep quiet lol
My plan is to just a bag or girls and one bag of boys newborn stuff out the loft so I’ve got what we need either way for the first month or so until I need to get everything else out depending on what gender we need!

Smiley- I think being so unprepared for a little baby last time made me realise you don’t need clothes to prepare as we had nothing that remotely fit her. Which helps me cope with not being prepared and in control this time. I have several newborn onesies in white in newborn and have a couple of sleepsuits that are pink in premature- so I think if scans are showing they are small again I’ll try to get some neutral tiny baby sleepsuits too! Then I’ll figure I’ll do a huge online order once we get home if it’s a boy- or I have DDs for a girl.

Right now I can feel there is no swaying me. I’m determined and looking forward to the surprise but we will see once we get nearer the 20 week scan!

I’d love a waterbirth cupcake but they are not allowed here. One birth like 30 years ago resulted in the Mum passing out and them not being able to get her out of the water in time. So rather than think of steps to improve procedures they just banned them. There is a lot of pressure for them to change this so maybe I’ll be lucky if it changes by April. Although my birth with DD was so quick they told me right after to be prepared that we might not make it to the hospital with number 2 as they generally come quicker! So doubt I’d make it into the pool!

I'm planning to keep it a surprise purely because I've never had one. Every now and then I feel myself changing my mind, but then I think I might regret it as it's definitely the last one and I'll never get the chance again.

Sweden that's such a shame. I hope things change soon although sounds like you may not have time to think about that!

Mother that's what I keep thinking. I don't think we will have any more after this baby so I think I'd regret not sticking with a surprise and experiencing that

If most of us are wanting to stay team yellow I'm sure we can get each other through.

Should I be worried I’m having Braxton Hicks at 10 weeks? I didn’t get them until 18 weeks with DD... had two again this morning whilst waking DD to nursery. Not painful but just that unmistakable tightening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->