April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Oh no mother, I hope ds is better today and you can both nap, how exciting feeling movement so early! I had anterior placentas with my 2 So didn’t feel anything until 21 weeks with both, hoping this one is sooner!

Sweden, wahey on no nausea! Let’s hope it stays that was for you

I’ve had the worst groin pain last night, it’s happened a few times now and I’m wondering if it could be spd
So uncomfortable and been awake since 4am with it, ds woke up at 5 but I wasn’t even bothered as was just glad to get up and move, it’s better since getting up but I think it could be when I do too much walking in the day, it’s kind of my groin and across the whole pubic area, I tried my pregnancy pillow in between my knees but nothing really helped, holding design nore today does as dd at pre school so just me and ds at home, fingers crossed for an early nap as he was up so early

So exciting you might be feeling movement Mother! I thought I felt what felt like a gold fish flip the other day but assumed it must have been in my head as I was under the impression it was way too early to feel movement!

Sorry you’re in pain star! It sounds really uncomfortable. Have you had spd before?

Hugs star for the pain. I had spd last time and praying i dont get it again its awful. Rest up!

Thanks ladies, I’ve never had spd before so don’t know what it feels like, it could be usual pregnancy pain so but isn’t something I’ve had before

Oh Star, I hope that it isn't anything like SPD and will go quickly.

We haven't napped, I know I will regret that in a little while when everyone is home.

I'm not really sure if it was movements or not. I feel like I'm being ridiculous even considering it, because everyone knows you can't feel them that early, but it definitely happened with ds4 so who knows.

I have been really lucky with finding the heartbeat on the doppler. I think the first time I used one with DS2 it was 9 weeks, but DD, DS3 & this time have all been 8 weeks. It has taken a lot of patience and a good half an hour or so each time that early on though, and trying daily. It's easier now and usually I can find them quite quickly but a few weeks ago at 8 weeks I couldn't find them every single day, there were days I couldn't find them. But I was able to rationalise that in my head, which is somewhat surprising haha
Also been lucky again with feeling movements for a while now too. With Castiel I was feeling him by about 11 weeks.

Sweden yes that's what my digestive system seems to be alternating between, it's horrible and puts me off going anywhere!

Star I do hope it isn't SPD, that really is horrible. If you haven't had it before then I want to say it isn't as likely it is but I may have made that up! I think it's more likely to be later on too. Whereas if you have had it before then it's more likely you will have it again and it isn't unusual to have it earlier.
I had really awful SPD with DD, every movement I felt like my pelvic area was clicking and it was agonising. I couldn't sleep properly as every movement was agony. There wasn't a whole lot I could do because it was fairly late when I got it so any referral probably wouldn't have been done in time. It got so severe I was asking them to induce me which isn't like me at all! With Castiel I felt it early on in the first trimester but funny enough it didn't get any worse.
Hopefully it isn't SPD. It probably isn't, it's probably just where things are more relaxed they can be more painful, I am finding it hard to comfortably carry Castiel about walking normally as it strains my stomach a lot, so normal things just become so much harder, hopefully it's just that

Last edited:
Thank oh for the advice happy, it felt fine til I started walking to get dd from pre school so think it’s just a pregnancy stretching pain
Wow that’s so good you found the heartbeat so early! At the moment I can’t even find my Doppler let alone the heartbeat! Lol I’ve put it away somewhere and just can’t find it, typical!

I've ordered pizza and then got a sudden craving for peppercorn sauce. If only you could choose to have that drizzled on your pizza

Star, I did that with the first doppler we had, then remembered I lent it to someone who didn't return it.

Mother, can you buy it and put it on yourself? As in on your pizza yourself, rather than on yourself haha

I’d buy it myself and put it on mother!!

With DD I wanted an iced bun and you can’t get them here. I literally bought burger rolls and iced them. Not the same but fixed the craving!!

Cupcake- that’s the worst lending stuff out and not getting it back! I have to chase up an acquaintance who has a few things that I regret being nice and loaning out as I feel awkward asking for them back!

I had an iced bun yesterday, sooo good!

Ive been off my food today, just not had much of an appetite!

Hi everyone, been too exhausted to come on the internet much the last few days. Thank you all for your dental advice! I went and turns out one of my wisdom teeth ahd moved which was causing a gum problem. It's pretty much sorted out now thankfully. The dentist confirmed they will do dental work in the second trimester in case anyone's interested (hopefully not a problem for anyone else!)

Ha, I'm loving everyone's cravings :) luckily my chicken cravings seem to have gone away - an iced bun sounds pretty good!

Who's got scans coming up? Had my full first trimester one the other day and it was all good. She could even count that the baby has 10 fingers which I thought was amazing.

Great news on your scan rose! Glad to hear your tooth is getting better x

Glad you’re feeling better rose and great news on the scan, mine is 3rd Oct so a week to go!

Great news on your scan and tooth Rose.

I could do, I'll have to have some in for next time if I'm still on that kick :haha:

My scan is the 9th. So 2 weeks today.

I was in bed at 8 last night, this morning my sickness felt a little stronger, but my boobs seem to be fine. I was awake in the night again and I have a cold. Trying to be positive but I just swing back and forth. I'm probably annoying you guys, I'm annoying myself. I've never been like this before.

Sweden yes, I hate that! I'm quite wary about lending things to people now. My sister once had my spud peeler for a year haha

Rose I'm glad your tooth is sorted. Wisdom teeth are awful! I had one growing the wrong way under the gum pushing my other teeth. I had to wait 6 months to have it removed! It was at the bottom and you have to have those removed in hospital because they're too close to a nerve or something. This was donkey's years ago, back in my pot smoking days, which was the only thing which helped the pain! Obviously not suggesting you get stoned. But yes, incredibly powerful painkiller. Did you know Queen Victoria (I think. It was Queen someone or other anyway) used to use it to relieve period pain?

Mother you're not annoying anyone :hugs:
Not long till your scan :D we have ours Monday.
I'm sorry you have a cold :( I hope you're recovered soon!

My nausea just isn't letting up at all. Everything I eat wants to come back up. Everything I drink is the bloody same! If anything this is just getting worse. And then I feel sick because I'm hungry... I haven't had this before. I felt more nauseous with DD but not this much

Cupcakes, wisdom teeth are TERRIBLE. I had my bottom two removed years ago in the hospital and although it wasn't a horror story, I am in no rush to do it again. No more weed for pain while pregnant haha.

Mother, you're definitely not annoying. I'm sure we all have anxiety from time to time - I know mine was really bad at the start of this pregnancy. I think you just have to realise that statistics are on your side. Yes, it could go wrong, but it's more likely not to.

There's no pleasing me. I wanted symptoms so I'd feel reassured in the beginning, then I say I'm so ready for 5he sickness to be over, then the minute I start to feel better I begin panicking. Not helped by the tiredness or that I joined the Facebook group someone posted about in here at the beginning and seeing peoples losses or their bumps already and I'm still in my jeans.

If it helps, I feel a lot better. Still massively tired but my nausea ahs subsided heaps and my boobs don't hurt nearly as much as they did, and when I had my scan on Monday everything was absolutely perfect. All throughout the first trimester I had days when I was feeling okay and I freaked out - but it's totally normal.

As for the bump, I don't have one yet either. I'm a bit thicker round the waist but that's it. You'd never know I was pregnant and I'm 13 weeks.

I know nothing can make you feel better properly until you have a scan or feel the baby move and of course, feel free to vent your worries as much as you like. We all get it and we're all hoping for the best! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->