April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Yeah we should all do team yellow together!

Ive thought ive felt them a few times too sweden but not been too sure! Maybe you are dehydrated?

I'll try to up my water. I have only had three I am aware of so not super worried but just feels odd to get them so early. I used to get them with DD when walking, and seems the same here too. I do walk with a high pace so maybe I'll try to slow my pace!

I think you possibly feel them more with subsequent pregnancies too? Not sure! I didnt really have any with my first 2 kids but had quite a lot with my 3rd!

I have read you feel them more with later pregnancies as 1) you notice them as you know what you are looking for and 2) your body has been there and reacts quicker!

SO guess I should just stop over thinking!

I think the important thing to remember is that they are just practice, just tightenings, there are other things that can cause tightenings too, I don't think when they start means anything in relation to when labour starts. I understand why it is worrying though.

Got my scan date through, it's on the 9th at 10:30. Was originally for the 8th but I had to call and change as it was at 2:45 and I didn't fancy going alone so DH could do the school run

Day before mine! Mines the 10th. Sounds ages off doesnt it!

Sweden, they could be braxton hicks as they can start earlier after you have had a baby. Apparently having a full bladder can also trigger them off, as can dehydration. So you can't win lol
Maybe mention it to your midwife when you see her next to put your mind at ease

Day before mine! Mines the 10th. Sounds ages off doesnt it!

It does. I expect it'll come round quickly though. Ds3 has an MRI next week, then the week after it's my scan so I'll mostly be concentrating on that for the time being. Should make it go faster.

Good news on the scan date mother

I’ll try and stay team yellow, be exciting if we all can!

Sweden, with dd I literally felt nothing, not even at 2 weeks overdue
With ds I had a lot more aches and pains throughout, especially near the end
This time I get pains if i stand up from laying down for example, or move too quick
I’m trying to drink more too as pretty sure I don’t half the time

Typically, now that I have a scan date, I've gone in to anxiety mode which is not helped by the fact I've had pains this afternoon. I expect the pains are just stretching. I'm convinced I'll get bad news at the scan. My boobs are still sore, I'm still feeling sick all day every day, I'm still extremely tired (I feel like it's about 10:30pm right now) my hormones are all over the place, I've cried so much at ridiculous things on tv shows today. But I bloated so much with ds4 and apart from at around 5/6 weeks I don't feel like I'm bloated now. My jeans still do up fine. I felt ds4 move at 10 weeks so if this one could give me a nudge in the next couple of days that would be fab.

:hugs:mother. Hope the anxiety eases soon.

I have been wondering when I will feel movements. Hopefully soon!

Mother sorry you’re feeling anxious! Your signs are all good and I’m sure all will be ok!

This evening I started getting a really weird stomach ache. I got anxious and started crying to my OH that maybe something was wrong. Fast forward 5 minutes I do the most huge fart- stomach pain gone. My OH couldn’t believe it as I never ever fart in front of him and then I did this huge man fart! Sorry if TMI I’m someone who never lets anyone know I fart etc but thought you’d guys would understand and relate!!:lol:

Mother I'm sorry you're feeling anxious. Anxiety really is horrible.
I have been getting pains and cramps off and on since before we found out, usually it doesn't mean anything except for everything stretching to accommodate a growing baby.
Do you have a doppler? They're not everyone's cup of tea but mine has been a godsend for me, it really helps ease my anxiety especially when I'm experiencing any pain.

Other than nausea has anyone else experienced digestive issues? I have been for weeks and it's starting to drive me nuts.

Oh and Sweden, don't worry I have been farting like a gale force wind has been stuck there

Haha Sweden, so with you on the wind, dh Came to bed sat night and asked how I was, the answer he got was ‘I’ve got the worst trapped wind ever’ oh..lovely he says haha bloody hurts though!

Mother, I understand you’re amxieties, I’m feeling it too and keep thinking though we wouldn’t have so many symptoms if things weren’t ok, my nausea isn’t as bad unless I don’t eat but my tiredness is
I’ve actually thought I’ve felt some
Movement but think really it was too high up so just that pesky wind again!

Happy, I’ve got a Doppler but haven’t found the heartbeat yet, I can’t remember when I did with ds so not worrying about it just yet, just trying once a week at the moment, might try tomorrow actually as Haven’t tried for about a week, how early have you found any of yours?

Sweden :haha: thats totally normal for me to do that in front of my dh, he wouldnt bat an eyelid :lol:

I dont have a doppler, i did with the other 3. Ive considered buying one but dont wanna stress myself out if i dont find it

I’ve been wondering if I should get a Doppler but I know I’ll stress if I don’t find it and I’ll keep knocking on the neighbours door (who is a midwife) and asking her to help me find it!! So trying to just trust my body. I downloaded some apps though and of course didn’t find anything!

Guyssssssss. I woke up 3 hours ago. No nausea. 3 hours later no nausea!! At 10+2 with DD it just stopped. It would come back here and there but basically completely stopped. I am 10+3 today and really hoping the same is happening!

Cupcake- digestive issues have been mixed from me. Up until a week ago I’d wake with sudden diarrhoea (we’ll loose) in the mornings, but now the constipation is beginning...

I do t have a doppler, I hired one with ds3 as I had lots of bleeding, but I felt ds4 so early that I didn't really worry. I had bad pains early on this time, but they settled down and I just get the odd day where I know it's stretching. Just sometimes my brain doesn't want to cooperate with logic :haha:

It's really weird, with all the others my first movements I felt were like being poked quickly from the inside. It wasn't until they got bigger that I felt the rolling wriggling movements. So I'm in two minds about whether what I felt through weeks right and nine were wind or movements as they were really like the wriggling, and right down behind my pubic bone where I've never felt wind before. But I don't trust it that early. I've hardly felt it the last two days either, so that's not helping even though I know it was most likely wind, and if it was the baby he probably just turned over or moved away from the side or something. With ds4 I didn't believe it was possible, but it was really distinct and it happened in the same area multiple times a day until it got so strong it was impossible to deny.

I'm exhausted. Ds3 had 4 big nose bleeds between the hours of 1am and 6:30am. He's not slept through fear of starting to bleed again. Hoping we will get to nap today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->