April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Cupcake hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Mother im the same, no bump, no real symptoms anymore except random waves of nausea which quickly subsides. The only reason i feel pregnant at the minute is because i feel so exhausted.

Rose 13 weeks already that sounds like loads :haha: im still just 10+6

That is really reassuring. I guess I assumed because I bloated so much with ds4 I would this time too. And I am a little bigger than I was before any of the others. So I guess it would be harder to see.
Yesterday I wore a sports bra, today I'm wearing a normal one and my boobs are a little tender again so I expect that explains it. :haha:

Has anyone planned an announcement? Or got something special for how you're going to tell your other kids? I think DH is getting excited, he keeps joking he's going to tell the boys, or asking who I'll tell first from family etc.

We are just gonna sit the kids in a row on the couch and record them as we tell them as we think they are all gonna react SO differently and its gonna be really funny to see. Still not even wanting to think about telling family :dohh:

Its my birthday today and dh put a baby vest in with my birthday stuff that says I Love Mummy :cloud9: so cute.

Hey!

Sorry your anxious mother! I’m sure it’s fine though and just shows you’re entering the second trimester soon!

My nausea has drastically improved and I feel like I totally different person. I still get it if I’m thirsty or hungry and occasional random points but I’ve not vomited for over 48 hours and so nice to feel a bit normal!

We announced to my OHs family when they came for his birthday dinner. We put a top on DD saying “Big sister” was so funny as the women got it directly (but all also suspected) and the men had to be told to look at the top.

My family is coming in a few weeks and figure I’ll try to wait and tell them then rather over Skype. But I think my mum suspects and my DDs nursery teacher, who I’ve told, asked if it was ok to tell other members of staff as they have all asked her as they think I look pregnant- and seeing as I do have a bump now I’m thinking my mum might have spotted it too. I told her on Skype with DD so think it’s nice to do it in person

Rose haha yeah best avoid that atm... I did try CBD oil and although it's good for anxiety, it wouldn't kill any pain I don't think.

Mother, what Facebook group? Don't worry, symptoms can come and go, it's normal. Some of the things I started out with are really off and on, like sore boobs (actually the last week or so it's been sore nipples only) or metallic taste in my mouth. It's just you adjusting to hormones and them slowing down a little. When's your scan again?

I just got home from my booking in appointment. It was OK, they put me as consultant led again *eye roll*... This time it's because I had pre-eclampsia with my first, 18 years ago. I haven't had any BP problems with any of the others. Apparently they will want me to take aspirin, but not once have I been told to do this before so I don't see why I should. Unless it's an age thing. They wanted me to use Clexane after Castiel's birth because I'm over 35.
Anyway. I declined being weighed. Nothing eventful to report really. There was a trainee there who was nice. The midwife I thought was my midwife but she said she's leaving next week so I will be with someone else which is a shame as I liked her! I'm sure the other one is nice though.

I keep forgetting to say I don't know if any of you are uncomfortable in your bras or think it may be hard to find a comfortable one later on but a friend told me about Molke a few months ago after I had trouble finding a nursing bra in my size (32KK/L). They're a UK based place but they ship worldwide I think. They are definitely not the cheapest around but I don't plan on wearing a regular bra any time soon, even if I found it easy to find my size! They were originally made with breastfeeding mums in mind but anyone can wear them. Their website is fab and worth checking out. If any of you do look they have a new print of dinosaurs coming soon and another too. There's also a Molke Facebook group, and a Molke buy/sell/trade fb group if you fancied trying to buy one a little cheaper.

Smiley thank you :)

Mother, we don't have any announcement planned out. I mostly want to avoid being clipped round the ear like some teenager who's been caught out lol
I actually have my ex mil to tell still (eldest's grandmother) and my dad. We are not telling my husband's family as we don't speak to them

Ahhhh just checked the post when I got in and have a scan date for the 9th!!

Cupcake- the asprin is new guidelines as recent research has shown a reduction in preeclampsia rates if taken between 2 and 37 weeks. At least it’s new here!

Oooh same day as mine Sweden!

I was thinking the same smiley, just it them all in a row. I'm not looking forward to telling family either really. Happys "being clipped round the ear like a naughty teenager" is what I'm expecting really too.

Sweden that'll be so nice telling your mum in person.

Yes totally get the clipped round the ear tthing, thats how im expecting it to be :dohh:

Whats the facebook group?

Sweden i think it would be really nice to wait and tell her in person!

Cupcake sorry youre consultant led. I am too.

It's called April 2020 babies uk
It's been set to a private group now but I can ask if any of you want to join. Someone posted about it back at the beginning of the thread.

I'm actually more nervous than when I was 18 with Ds1. I think it's been so long people assume we've stopped, and we are both that bit older now, with DH being quite a bit older than me. Mil was not pleased about DS4 so I can't imagine her being happy this time.

Oh i think im already in that group. Im in one called april 2020 babies uk only...loads of colourful love hearts in the title?

Oh god mother i feel the same. I was round at my step mums today and i was gonna tell her but the words just wouldnt come out. Im honestly dreading it!

My mum is still waiting on me giving her term dates so she can book a holiday for next year. Literally going to message her "these are the dates, I think a day out or weekend break in the UK might be better this year. *scan pic*" then cringe until I get a reply. We aren't close so it won't be weird to message her.

Same, im thinking txt message for my side of the family. DH family will have to be face to face though ](*,)

It's my partner's mum's birthday tomorrow so I'm hoping he will tell all his family then (though still don't know if we're doing anything to celebrate with them because he is hopeless at finding things out until we're meant to be there in an hour! I've made her a special birthday cake just in case, haha). I really want them all to know so I can stop avoiding them. I've told my parents 'unofficially' and they are pretending they don't know and OH is pretending he doesn't know that they know... can't wait for it all to be out in the open!

Does anyone else have a strong feeling about what they're having? I really think mine is a boy. I don't know why, I just feel like it definitely is. I have no preference either way (I don't think) but I just fully feel this is a boy.

It’s hard to keep up in here!

I haven’t really got an announcement to make as pretty much everyone knows, aside from fb friends but won’t be doing one on there as I have a couple friends trying and my sister waiting for ivf again
There’s probably a couple of playgroup friends who don’t know yet but they will when they see me again as looks pretty obvious now

So exciting we all have our scans coming up, I’m hoping to do some last min holiday shopping after as we’re away the next day, just hope there isn’t anything to worry about in the scan

Happy I’ll check the bras out as mine are just itchy underneath! Drives me mad and I can’t waitto get home and get them off, they’re mothercare maternity ones but had this issue with previous pregnancies too

Star that's what I'm worrying about. I've got a couple of friends who have had trouble with fertility and both now have lost the chance of another baby (ones husband has left, the other lost her second tube to a third ectopic pregnancy at the beginning of the year) both of them know about my pregnancy, but I'm not sure if posting is rubbing it in their faces. I might warn them that I'm going to post and recommend they hide me for a couple of days. I'm not ashamed to say that I have hidden people for a while when I was LTTTC and couldn't bare to see their pregnancy posts. I come up with ways to announce then decide that it isn't fair for them to see, and go round in circles.

I think I'll have another boy, but that's not really a deep "mothers instinct" thing, it's just a "well I've got 4 already, we all know where this is going" thing :haha:

Im the same, i have 3 boys already so its likely another boy. I dont feel strongly either way, I am just assuming its a boy due to previous experience of only producing boys :haha:

Oh I hope you are pleasantly surprised by your families reactions mother and smiley!

I don’t have a feeling really. In some ways feel the same as DD and some ways feel different. But both OH and I have mainly females in our family so I’m guessing it will be another girl!

Last edited:
I’m thinking boy, not for any particular reason, I’ve just got a feeling

Mother, I keep thinking it might be odd if I don’t post about the pregnancy as I have with previous 2 and put photos of them on, with private settings
Most people I know, know now, but then it feels silly suddenly putting a photo of a baby up lol or people seeing me out and say oh I didn’t know blah blah
I was thinking of just putting a couple things on my story, that was it’s only there 24 hours and not so obvious with a load of likes/comments for people struggling to see, it didn’t really bother me when I was lttc but I know it would the people I know

Yeah I imagine it can look a bit odd to keep it a "secret" I've always posted about the others. I think I'm over thinking it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->