April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Star thats a good idea. We did it for the same kind of reasoning, my 8 year old is autistic and said he will be angry if it isnt a boy. We found out so we could let them all have time to adjust...luckily its a boy lol.

Great news about a good scan rose!

Had a letter yesterday to say i have low papp-a. Never had this before. Says i need extra growth scans due to risk of small birth weight, iugr etc etc. Anyone else ever had this?

Sorry smiley I've not had that before.

That sounds smart star, you don't know how children will react. Ds4 actually cried when we told him because he didn't want a baby.

Thank you ladies, was determined not to find out this time but once I’ve given birth I’m going to be thinking thank god thats over, not I wish I never found out the gender haha

Smiley, I haven’t had that before, what doesn’t it mean?

GTT day today and been up with ds since 5:15
All I want is a coffee lol, this better go quick!

Felt movement last night , just near my belly button but slightly to the left, felt it again this morning so pretty sure it is baby, 15 weeks just seems early compared to my last 2 at 21 weeks, it doesn’t feel like anything else though

Hope everyone is well?

Smiley I also have this this time. I didn’t have it with DD but went on to get preeclampsia and IUGR so it’s not a definite thing to worry about. Although I’m a little stressed I have it this time and maybe I’ll get it worse compared to DD. But I’m being highly monitored due to history and this so trying to relax. I’ve read it’s not reliable and predicting complications at all just seen as an indicator.

Star I had my GT on Tuesday and was also miserable all morning and feeling extremely nauseous! I passed though which I expected but as my mum is insulin resistant they like to check me early for it.

I have had some weird pain in my stomach since Tuesday evening and although not really bad as it is still here I’ve contacted my midwife as I’m getting a little worried now. I hope to hear back soon and really hope she wants me to go in and get checked so I can put my mind at ease!

Good luck for your GTT guys, and Sweden I hope you hear back from the midwife soon

Hope you’re feeling better Sweden or get some reassurance today that it’s just pregnancy pains
I’m here now, took 3 attempts to get any blood out, could have done without that!
My head is banging but they said could take paracetamol
Hour and a half wait to go!

Felt more movements this morning in the same place and it’s defi the baby, seems strange feeling it early for a change! They’re proper wiggly movements like somersaults!

You guys seem to be doing the GTT super early - in Australia it's not normally until 28 weeks. Hope it isn't too bad, star! I know I'm dreading it.

That's also so lovely you can feel movements. A few times I've felt flutters that miiiiiight be the baby but maybe not. And Sweden, I've been getting quite a few aches and pains in my stomach area which the doctor told me was all pretty normal so fingers crossed yours is too.

I am suffering so badly from hayfever right now (along with everyone else in Melbourne - the pollen count is mega high today) and people keep telling me about how great their nasal spray is but of course I can't take it :(

Rose, mines early because I had diabetes with my last pregnancies so they test at 8, 16 and 26 weeks
Hope your hahfever is better soon, it’s so frustrating when you can’t take a medication you need

I'm not doing the GTT. In all honesty I don't understand how it'd a fair test to overload your body with a crazy amount of sugar to test its tolerance. It doesn't make sense to me even after looking into it a lot last year, so I refused it. Last time I bought a kit and tested my blood sugar levels myself regularly

Midwife told me not to stress and take it easy. If I’m still having the same pain tomorrow she said to call but of course once I contacted her it eased up. It still there slightly but it’s such a vague pain. I’ve been super stressed with DD as she has stomach issues and they flare up randomly. She’s going through it now and can’t go to daycare as one she stops eating and two she gets grumpy. I just am on a course for work right now and looking like I’ll have to drop out as I’m getting so behind. But I have to complete a certain amount of courses in a certain time frame so I’m getting anxious. So it might be stress induced!

Rose I’m only getting it early because of my Mums history. I think I’ll be retested again at 28 weeks!

I’m really starting to get regular movements. More the rolling pressure and flips. But felt two pokes this morning and one yesterday. Both times when I was cuddling OH.

Well that was hideous, took 3 attempts for the first blood test and someone different ended up doing it, went back in for second one, yet again no blood comes out, after first attempt someone else tries, I suddenly start feeling hot and dizzy (which I never do but probably fasting didn’t help) tell them I feel sick, before I know it the whole room is spinning I’m about 100 degrees and I’m being sick over myself which I stupidly put my hand out second woman still doing blood test so I tell her not to stop, another’s gone to get sick bowls which I fill 3 up, turns out the second blood test didn’t get enough the midwife who done the first test comes back in and has to do it again after wiping my face with wet tissues lol
Finally get it done then they say they lab might say it’s all no good cos I’ve thrown up the poxy glucose drink 30 seconds before they took the blood

Sorry your stressed Sweden, hope dd is feeling better soon

Star, thaat sounds horrible. Are you feeling better now? I cant imagine throwing the solution up as they draw the blood should make any difference...its already in your blood stream. I hope you get good news though!

Star that sounds awful.
Sweden hope all is ok. I've had a few days of pains but just odd days rather than day a in a row and not enough to worry me, I guess they are stretching. I hope yours are just intense stretching.
It's so great people are feeling movements. I'm still not 100% about mine. I think it probably is the baby, I tend to feel them while eating especially if it's something cold, like I used to with the boys but I think my anxiety is getting in the way and telling me until it's super obvious I shouldn't assume or I won't know if something is wrong. I'm ignoring that part of it for now and waiting for a proper boot. I've felt a few pokes and a few rolls but like I say I'm nervous to say it's baby.

I don't want to jinx it, but I stayed at a friend's this week, went Monday and on my way home now. I was really worried about getting sick while there as she's struggled with secondary infertility and I just felt it would be rubbing her face in it, even though she says she is genuinely pleased for me as she knows how much I've wanted this and for how long and she's in the acceptance phase. Anyway, I haven't felt sick at all this week. I was literally starving when we drove an hour to visit our other friend and her new baby (who dubbed me the baby whisperer as I managed to get the baby right off to sleep when she was grizzling) and I didn't even get the gagging stage. I also managed to stay awake a lot later than usual but that could have been the novelty of being somewhere else. Watching her dress the baby in a little dress and tights certainly made me want a girl really bad and like I needed to know immediately what I'm having, then the next day I just felt like I didn't even care and was excited to wait.

Hoping my 20 week scan letter is waiting for me when I get home, but if not I'll call the hospital tomorrow.

Sweden thanks for your input, all ivebeen told is i have low papp-a and it could cause low birth weight and early delivery but i see my consultant in 2 weeks so hopefully she will reassure me then :lol:

Oh my word that GTT sounds horrific, poor you! I had one last time and having another this tome round but not till 26 weeks!

So pleased everyone seems to be feeling movements!

Mother hope you get your scan appointment! Mine was booked at my 12 week scan i think its 28th nov!x

Feeling better but not right still, came home and went to bed for nearly 2 hours

Aphy I didn’t think it would make a difference either and was surprised when they said it might

Mother, hope our had a nice time with your friends and the nausea is finnaly getting better, hope you have a scan appointment when you get back

It should have been booked at my 12 weeks scan but the receptionist couldn't access my file because the sonographer hadn't logged out of it yet so she said she'd send me one out in the post but as it's now been 2 weeks I'll chase it up. I expect it will be around the end of November beginning of December.
Also after I put my phone away and got my book out on the train I felt some quite firm rolling, a couple of times in the same place, then had to walk to another station and when I was settled on the next train felt it again in the same place

Oh star that sounds horrible! And totally crazy they were worried about your blood with such little time left. Hope they can use it and you’re feeling better!

That’s annoying about your scan mother. They also couldn’t access my file when I went to book at 12 week scan but got through my date literally a few days later- so I’d definitely chase up! I’m booked for the 26/11. Glad your nausea has gone! I still have the occasional random moments but in general feel good. And yay to movement!!

Great news to feeling movement too mother!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->