April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Star, that sounds horrendous! You poor thing! I hope you're better ASAP.

Finally got my first appointment at the hospital (I guess with a midwife and/or doctor) but of course it's when OH is away. Oh well. He can remain in the dark a little longer about the realities of child birth (totally tipping him to faint when it all happens). It's exciting though! Only three more weeks and I'll be half way!

That's a scary thought - three more weeks to halfway. It just goes so quick!

We have a private scan booked for next Friday afternoon. Our 20 week scan is 21st November I think, but we thought it would be good to book one before then because this still doesn't feel real to me

I was thinking along those lines the other day, 5 weeks and I'll be half way, that's scary. To say 25 weeks to go seems like nothing when there's so many things in between.

I called the hospital. They said a date was books for me on the 4th December at 2:40. I said the time was an issue and they checked a whole 3 week period and didn't have any other times available so we will just have to arrange something. Might have to collect ds4 early from school and get SIL to have him and ds3, or I might have to go alone or even take them with us, but they are both a bit wild and ds3 hates hospitals so preferably not. Anyway, that's the day of DH birthday

I got almost a week nausea free. It's really hit and miss now. Thankfully not too often.
How's everyone else?

Thats great mother! I’m the same majority nausea free- just here and there. How you doing otherwise? I saw your post in the gender section. Hope you’re doing ok!

Im doing good today. Had a headache for the past few days which was awful. Think it was some type of cold that didn’t come out! You know where it just makes you feel crappy but you don’t get the full streaming nose.

Nausea sadly still hanging around for me non-stop

Glad it seems to be easing for some, that gives me hope!

Hope it passes soon Aphy.
I know what you mean Sweden, you're just left feeling rough but no clear reason.

I'll be ok. I now officially have more boy guesses than girl guesses and I suppose as much as I know I will love my baby when they get here, and I'm grateful to be pregnant, it's just kind of hitting home that I'm not going to get to do the mother daughter thing or buy the pretty clothes.

Glad you are feeling better mother and Sweden!

Aphy, hope it’s your turn to feel better next

Midwife appointment all good today, she said baby was kicking and moving lots as she was listening to the heartbeat
She also put in my notes for only a midwife to do my gtt blood tests and not a health care assistant after the last episode! She’s away that week otherwise she said she would have come to the hospital and done them herself
Dreading it again!

Good luck star, hopefully with a midwife doing them you won't have a repeat

Mother I’m sorry you have moments where you get down at the thought of not having a girl. I understand that must be hard. And I think it’s healthy you accept that sadness as well as acknowledging that once they are here you know it won’t matter. That being said, guesses are not definite. Have you decided If you’ll find out?

Star that sucks you have to do it again! But great you’ll have a midwife to do it next time!

I will be finding out, but not until my scan in December which currently seems years away. I looked in to a gender scan but they are fully booked for weeks so may as well just wait.

Yes our scan feels ages away too! I think we will end up finding out too. I really wanted a surprise but OH wants to know and I got to find out last time when he didn’t so seems fair!

I'm so eager to start buying things. I'm going to pick up something neutral on Friday, but I still have loads of the boys stuff so don't want to over buy if I am having a boy, but it's getting harder to hold back.

Are any of us sticking to team yellow haha think we’re all caving!

My 20 week scan is 21st Nov but we won’t find out then, booked a privatest gender 3D scan for 1st December
DD birthday, then going to watch frozen and do some shopping
She’s got a big party the day before, just hope this doesn’t dampen her weekend if it’s a boy lol

Hopefully if you're taking her out afterwards it will distract her and she'll be ok.
Now that I'm sure it's a boy again and I've had a few days to get my head around that I feel like maybe I can wait it out. But I know with hormones fluctuating that could change (hormones definitely don't help) so I will still find out.
I'm going Christmas shopping with my niece on Friday so intend to buy something neutral while out. I've been browsing boy clothes on line and there's so many things that are cute right now, but I don't want to over buy as I still have so many of the boys things.

Oh my gosh Star, How are you going to resist not asking at the 20 week scan? That’s cute your making a day of the gender scan!

Mother I’m with you- I really want to start buying a few things!! I am really trying to wait until the 20 week scan to know everything is ok though/maybe gender!

I had my first midwife appointment yesterday at the hospital and they gave my official due date as the 1st of April, which is good for me as I have a fear of going over 40 weeks and I want my date to be as early as possible.

I feel really unprepared in general... I don't have any clothes (apart from a full England football kit, but that's not for a newborn), not a single other item (pram, cot, bassinet, car seat etc) and most importantly nowhere to live!! We have to move out of our current place and I have no idea where we're going. You guys all sound like you're organised and stable and here I am with zero for this baby! 22 weeks left and that doesn't seem like long to arrange literally everything! Now excuse me while I quietly freak out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->