April ‘baby’ showers 2020

I expect it's because they are still so small that a little shift in position can mean you can't feel ant more. I haven't felt anything for a couple of days either.

I haven’t felt anything since those few big kicks. I figure they’ve turned to face my back so I’m no longer feeling it. Can’t wait to start feeling daily movements!

The most I felt was Friday. I figured that I had been on my feet all day shopping so when I settled down in the evening he woke up and had a full day to make up for :haha: most of the time it's still barely there, but Friday night I felt some kicks.

Apparently the trick is to complain, been saying to everyone how I hadn't felt anything else and then just got a definite nudge/kick.

Everything else so far I've been a bit is it? Isn't it? But there was no doubting this. It's been followed by a few more too.

Also booked this morning for my flu and whooping cough jabs, so have those to look forward to next week.

I’m looking forward to the regular movements

Mother, I’m going to get my flu and whooping cough ones tomorrow, got a consultant appointment and they can do them at the maternity bit whenever you go, was meant to get them after that last GTT but couldn’t face it after the near fainting episode lol

Good luck star.
I'm looking forward to regular movements too

I've just made it official by posting this on Facebook. I know I'm late in the game, not sure why I held on. Almost waited until after my 20 week scan then got the kids school pictures back today and decided to just go for it

A friend I met on a forum back when our 13 year olds were babies and we were TTC our 12 year olds messaged me to say she's expecting too. She's exactly 1 month behind me (both due the 15th of the month) it's also her 5th and all our babies are similar ages.

Mother, your kids look great! That's a lovely announcement. I still haven't done anything 'official' and I probably won't at this stage. I'm sure I'll be showing soon and then people can work it out for themselves.

As for movement, I feel him kicking every day now. Not very strongly and OH still hasn't ever felt it through my stomach but I definitely get a lot of movement when I'm really paying attention. I'm surprised as the doctor told me with anterior placentas you don't usually feel much til 20 plus weeks and I was getting regular little jabs by 18. I have no idea if this is possible but do you think the baby sometimes moves to be more on your bladder? Occasionally I just feel this really heavy pressure on my bladder and I thought maybe that was the explanation, even at this small stage.

That’s great news about your friend too mother!

Has anyone got any advice for a stuff neck or trapped next nerve I think it is
Fell asleep for half an hr on the sofa sat night and down my left side to my shoulder hurts so bad,should have gone to dr today but thought it might have gone then I went to work, if it’s there tomorrow I will try and get an early appointment before the hospital appointment or a later one after getting dd from pre school
On another note the chiropractor in my town is next door to my work and they have Self employed doing all sorts, one is pregnancy massage so I think I need a chiropractor appointment then a massage haha, I’ll raid the piggy bank!

I'm not sure star, if you have a shower you could try directing the head at the sore spot for a few minutes. I'm not sure how useful it is, but I once dislocated my pelvis and had to see an osteopath and he recommended doing the same in between visits.

Also, I just felt baby again, I hope that now I'm getting obvious movements it'll be a daily occurrence. I definitely think feeling him earlier helped my decision to announce.
I considered not announcing at all, but (and it's probably quite shallow) I don't really do the school runs and if on the odd occasion I do I have some Facebook friends who I made through their children being friends with my older ones, so we don't really see each other in person now they are at secondary school and just take themselves, but there's not much chance for people to actually notice my bump and I wanted them to know hahaha

Rose- I had anterior placenta with DD and started getting movement around 17/18 weeks. OH could feel them at 20.

Star- do you have one of those heat bags you can put in the microwave? They are often the best for stiff necks! I feel for you as they are so painful and annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->