April ‘baby’ showers 2020

I love using family names. All our boys have at least one family name as a middle name. Kind of running out of names now :haha:

I LOVE the name George. If it wasn’t for it being taken already in my family it would totally be at the top of my boys list!

Sweden with Castiel I initially thought girl, then instinct said boy and he is indeed a boy. This time I have thought girl and she's a she.

Mother our children all have a family name in there somewhere too. DS1 has my dad and his dad's dad name in his middle names (Charlie Alfie), DS2 has both mine and husband's brothers names for his middle names (Adie David), DD has my mum and sister's names for her middle names (Josephine Jasmine), DS3 has husband's middle name and granddad's name, one of my granddad's names and eldest's name for his middle names (Granville Phelam Kyle).

We both like Bluebell for this baby but I'm still looking just in case. Not sure about middle names this time though.

I hope everyone's OK!

Some really strong kicks tonight. I swear I could practically feel them on the outside too. I almost called ds3 over to see if it was my imagination that I could feel with my hand, but didn't want him to be disappointed if he couldn't feel anything.

I came on to post the same thing mother!! They’ve been kicking up a storm today! It’s the best feeling, isn’t it?!

I have a feeling I don’t have anterior placenta this time as it feels so different compared to the feelings I had with DD!

It's amazing, I'll never tire of the feeling. I'm even having a bowl of ice cream now to see if I can encourage some more movements :haha:

I still haven’t felt anything since 15/16 weeks! Probably right behind the placenta now

It's still early enough that baby changing position can stop you feeling anything.

I really love the name George too, but my sister would be mad at me if I used it as she's been in love with George Harrison since forever (me too, though not as intensely).

So many kicks here today! Could definitely feel from outside. I had an appointment with a doctor at the hospital who said everything is looking great except my blood pressure is quite low - not it's anything to worry about really. 20 weeks today and can't believe I'm half way through!!

I'm pretty set on the name Jarvis for this little boy. He'd be more or less named after Jarvis Cocker, lead singer of the band Pulp. They're very significant to me and OH as we met at an indie disco (haha) called Razzmatazz (named after the Pulp song, Razzmatazz) and this baby was probably conceived in Sheffield (where Pulp are from) after a gig at the Leadmill, a venue they played at a lot. We both love Pulp and Jarvis Cocker plus I think the name is not too common so... Yeah! That's my pick. Haven't run it by OH as he's still weirdly against the name talk, despite being possibly more excited about the actual baby than me.

Half way already?! I can't believe we will all be hitting that mark soon. I'm 18 weeks tomorrow.

Jarvis is cute and certainly won't run in to many others.
I'm still really lost on the names front. At least once we know the gender we can narrow names down. DH and I haven't discussed them yet. We usually have a name ready to go once we know but not this time. There's a few I kind of like but I'm not set on, nothings really jumping out at me. I like names that aren't overly popular but not too modern. I've got Jimi, Zac (who is Zachariah when all the zac's we know of are Zachary) Nate (Nathaniel) and Seth. I like Noah but I often just write a single letter on things so having two Ns would possibly confuse things. Levi and Elliott are probably some of the highest in my list too.

Such a cute bump mother!

Found out today that I will be a boy mom for life!

076FEC33-A17D-487A-8A9B-CDE2073ECD9D.jpeg

Congratulations! We seem really heavy on the boy front in here :haha:

Congratulations aphy! Glad all is well

20 week scan a week today! I’ll have to try not to spot any parts lol

On antibiotics today for a uti
The night before last felt a pain in kidney area and stomach felt iffy after passing urine, yesterday didn’t feel too bad so didn’t get it tested but the evening it started again so got an appointment with the nurse today, got antibiotics for a week and she’s going to send it to the lab as had blood and leukocytes in it
Ds might have hand foot and mouth too so we’re a healthy household!

I hope your uti and ds hand foot and mouth clears quickly. How's he coping with it? Thankfully when my boys had it they were just themselves plus spots haha

I’m not Sure if it is now mother, there’s some spots on the end of his tongue, but nowhere else
He’s hadn’t a cold the past few days and not himself, quieter and eating less, he had it October last year and had a temp on and off but wasn’t too bad, dd hand it when she was about 18 months and she was quite poorly with it
Hopefully it’s just a viral thing and the spots don’t come to much!

Rose, love the name Jarvis, cute!

Fingers crossed then star. Either way I hope he's better soon.

I've not felt baby all day, been eating cold things and even had a fizzy drink (I don't drink them now as they make me feel dehydrated) and nothing. I was beginning to panic. Just had some tea and biscuits and felt a little something. Obviously just having a lazy day. Every time I put my hand there to confirm it for myself though it stops :haha:

Rose- the name Jarvis is so unique and love it has meaning to you both! I think it’s an awesome name!

Mother- gorgeous bump! I love your names. Elliot would be my too too but a really good friend named their little boy Elliot recently.

Star- hope your anatomy scan went well! Oh hope your DS is doing better, my DD has some type of virus that gave her ulcers all over her mouth earlier in the year and it was tough!

Afm- I’m finally feeling the second trimester goodness! Nausea gone, headaches gone and tiredness easier. I’m getting a bit of pelvis pain but trying to reduce lifting DD as much as I can seems to really help limit it! My gut feeling is really shifting to boy- maybe it’s all the boys in our group. Problem is I’m really starting to like the idea of boy and having one of each- don’t want to set myself up for disappointment!

Don't worry Sweden, I'll swap you ;)
I do know someone with an Elliott but we don't live anywhere near each other. I met her on a forum much like this and we just like each other's posts now days, so I'm sure it wouldn't matter. Of course, I still need to talk to DH about ideas. I like to find names that go with the others which is getting tricky now.
All the boys in here are doing similar to me, only I'm thinking "well someone has to have a girl, there's only 3 of us who don't know and so far only 1 girl." Granted that someone probably isn't me :haha: I even call the baby he now, and I'm good with it now, little things do get your hopes up or bring them back down again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->