April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Glad your scan went well Star!! I’m super impressed you held out and didn’t find out. I would have cracked!

Hi everyone I don't post much here but I do read everyone's posts:) My kids just got over hand foot an mouth and it was terrible then 2 of them got colds including myself... Everyone's better I'm just the last one still with a cold... Cute bumps everyone btw:) So I had my 21 week scan and I am having a boy after 3 girls! For me this pregnancy is different from my others. Girls id crave sweets all the time, had more energy... This one I've craved savory an salty foods no sweets at all. And a lot less energy this time around. I've known/felt that this was my boy an now it's confirmed I've felt kicks right above my belly button this past week and from the outside... My daughter's have felt him kick.. He's pretty strong in there

Btw curious what you all are wearing... Im not in maternity clothing yet I've just been wearing my old dresses that stretch... I'm looking to buy some clothing... Any recommendations on websites? I want cute stylish clothing that I could possibly still fit after birth?

I'm mostly wearing leggings and big jumpers/jumper dresses. I've got 2 pairs of maternity jeans too.
Congratulations on your boy. I wish we had done a list now to see how many had found out and how many are having boys.

Welcome Hawaii and congratulations on your boy!
I’m wearing some maternity leggings but other than that my usual vest tops and jumpers that aren’t tight

Mother, I was thinking the same, I can’t remember who’s found out and who’s going having what!

I've gone through and so far there's 5 boys, happys girl and from the signature of someone from the early days who only commented once or twice, another girl. There's you, me, Sweden, abii who joined the other day, and one other person again from the early days who hasn't commented in weeks yet to find out. So if things were going to go perfectly 50/50 then we've got 1 more boy to come and the rest are girls :haha: not sure it quite works that way though

Anyone else find their hips aching? A few hours tidying or a trip to the shop and I'm hobbling around. Worried that in another 10 or 20 weeks I'll be useless if it's like this already

Ooh definitely a lot more boys so far then!

My hips hurt at night
I spend all night tossing and turning as laying on one side too much hurts, I’m dreading the end aches!

Thankfully it isn't affecting my sleep, but I have to really think about what I can or can't do in the day

My hips don’t ache but I was getting a lot of pelvic pain. I tried limiting lifting DD, moving her from a cot to a bed for example and also limited cleaning and it seems to have really helped. But I’m also scared for how I feel in 20 weeks time!

We are definitely boy heavy! Not long until I find out- 48 hours!!

Hawaii- I am wearing a lot of what I had with DD and bought a lot of it from ASOS and bought a couple more things from there this time round to. Congrats on the boy!

Sob exciting Sweden, i hope this week goes quick as we find out next Sunday! More excited to find out this gender than I was the others, I think just because dd is aware and hope she gets just as excited!

Sob exciting Sweden, i hope this week goes quick as we find out next Sunday! More excited to find out this gender than I was the others, I think just because dd is aware and hope she gets just as excited!

She'll love being there to find out and helping pick clothes I'm sure

I feel like the past couple of days have moved so so slowly in comparison to how they normally go. Guess it’s the apprehension! Hope it goes quickly for you Star. Must be so exciting with DD understanding!

I’m slightly nervous as this week baby has been kicking so much and I could see from the outside but past 24 hours gone sooooo quiet and not really felt much, I think the occasional pop but can’t be sure. I’m guessing they’ve moved so their back is against belly- so kicking towards my spine so not feeling it so much. Trying to not panic and just accept its change of position but I can’t help but have a niggling worry all the time!

Ok ignore my last post literally felt several kicks within 2 mins of posting! What a relief!

I think sometimes you have to complain and they love to prove you wrong just as kids do so it gets them moving hahaha
I know what you mean though, the anticipation makes everything go slowly.

I think I'm having Braxton Hicks. I never had them with the first 3, and in my had them the last 3 week's with ds4 but that was 6 years ago so I can't really remember exactly what they were like. On and off all day I've had like cramps or tightening. I was quite busy this morning so thought I had over done it at first, but now I'm not sure. I'm not worried as I'm pretty sure that's what it is and I have felt the baby.

I had the same thought mother- they were just trying to prove me wrong!

I’ve been having Braxton hicks since about 10 weeks although definitely getting stronger and more regular. I notice they get stronger and more when I’m active! Resting a bit seems to help. I kind of find them weirdly reassuring- like my body is getting me ready for d-day!

Going for my scan in 5 hours- going to be longest 5 hours of my life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->