April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Haha yes exactly! You can ship babies with DHL right?

I think I just find the chance to experience both fun. As I’d also love DD to have a sister. I don’t think this will be last baby but I’m not sure yet!

Yes, that's it, I know some people only ever wanted girls and that's fine, but I really did want at least 2 boys first so was really happy to get boys, I just sort of assumed as we had planned to have 5/6 that there would be a mix and I'd get to experience both. I guess I'm just greedy and want both worlds :haha:

This pregnancy is really drying me out. I'm usually quite spotty. Any tiny hormonal change and I break out. Especially in pregnancy. Other than a week at the beginning the skin on my face has been really dry and now I've noticed my hair is going too. It's getting curlier too, which is lovely, but because it's so dry the curls are just frizzing, and I can't run my fingers through it without knotting it up.

Oh Interesting! I’m a break out mess here. Although my skin is also super dry but I put it down to winter, so cold air mixed with central heating. But maybe it is pregnancy related! With DD I was an oily mess. My hair was super dry and brittle with her.

Let’s hope the differences in skin this time might be due to a different gender for you mother!

Any of you notice your leg hair basically stops growing/really slows down when pregnant? It happened with DD, and happening this time too!

It could be the cold weather, it's not happened before at least noticeably, but I suppose age factors too.
I think my leg hair might be a little slower, but can't say for sure. I know a couple of weeks ago I thought that I expected them to have grown more. I'm sure with at least one of the others it grew faster, but wouldn't like to say for sure as it's been so long :haha:

I assumed the leg hair was a girl sign as I had it with DD but researching it seems to happen to people in pregnancy it’s not, regardless of baby gender.

Anyway I’m back firmly in girl thinking. I dreamt we had a little girl last night and I’ve been struggling for girls names but loved the name we called her in the dream. Bubba was kicking up a storm yesterday and OH could even feel on the outside and it somehow feels with that real connection there and the dream I know it’s a girl now. And I’m totally ok (even happy) with that now I can imagine it and have a girls name that has “clicked” for me! Just need to run it past OH but I’ll do that after our scan!

I’ll be totally shocked if it’s a boy now!

I did read years ago that when it grows faster it means it's a boy because of the extra testosterone in your system, but it's more of an old wives tale like how they say girls make you more spotty and "steal your beauty" as I've already said, I was really spotty with my others :haha:

That's great that a name has clicked for you at last. It's getting to the point where I just want to know now, we seem to have been speculating for so long and still have 2 more weeks to go.

So you know how toddlers throw themselves on the ground and bang their hands and feet? It honestly felt like this baby was doing just that this morning :haha:

Hey ladies:flower: I'm a little late to the game lol. I'm due April 28th with my 4th baby and I find out the gender on Tuesday:dance: this is an iud baby so it was very much a surprise but I am feeling grateful and excited. Will be getting my tubes tied after this one though lol. Hope everyone is doing well! I have been having a great pregnancy so far, my belly seemed to of popped overnight so I actually look pregnant now not just that I ate 1 too many tacos:haha: I also experienced some braxton hicks for the first time this pregnancy and I forgot how painful they can be

Hi abii, congratulations! Welcome to the thread :)

I’m jealous of all your movements! Still nothing here since almost 16 weeks and I swear that was it!
Used my Doppler today and heard a lovely heartbeat which was nice
20 week scan Thursday! So excited to see baby, just have to try not to spot any bits lol
Have to save it for our gender scan on the 1st when dd is with us

Hope everyone is well
Not a lot going on here
My urine sample that was sent off came back with no bacterial growth so don’t know why it had leukocytes and blood in it when the nurse dipped it at the surgery, Sunday felt back pains again and just felt like a uti so I’ll just finish the antibiotics now I’ve only got 2 days left

Star how odd with your urine, hopefully the antibiotics will clear it anyway.
Good luck for your scan, mine still feels so far away.

Saw one of the mum's at school had a girl after 2 boys and felt a little jealous. Everyone I know in real life who has had a baby in the last year has had a girl except for my next door neighbour. Also had a dream the baby was a boy last night, and it's so boy heavy in here that it just feels like this one will be a boy too. I'm ok with that, I love this baby already and call the baby him and he, so I love him as a boy in my mind, and I know that it'll all be good, but the little pink hat poking out from the carrier at school this afternoon got me

Awhh mother I do hope you get a girl! Although as you say you love them and that’s all that matters!

I’m under pressure from my family to have a boy. My sister just had my parents 4th granddaughter (no grandsons) and they have no sons either. So as soon as she gave birth at the weekend the comments started to me “well let’s hope yours is finally a boy”. Suddenly I’m super sensitive and emotional as it makes me feel like my girl isnt worth anything and they’ll just be disappointed rather than happy if this one is a girl too. My dad was vocal growing up he was sad he hadn’t had a son so probably adds to this feeling. Ugh.

Star hope your feeling better with the antibiotics!

Ahh mother so cute calling baby him already, though you might get so used to it and then have to change to her!

Sweden, your baby will be so loved, sometimes people just don’t think before they speak!

So excited for scan tomorrow, although feels strange not to be finding out the gender! I’m so tempted lol but I can wait 9 extra days

Good luck star! Tell them going in that you don't want to know and could they warn you to look away when they are venturing down that end.

That's rough Sweden. They will love your baby once he/she is here. Thankfully no one in the family has commented this time other than to say "I wonder what colour we'll be buying"

Thanks star and mother! Feeling better today and less sensitive!

Hope your scan goes/went well Star!!

All went well and I didn’t peek!
There was still a measurement she needed from the heart, got most of it and said the spine looks good but didn’t get the right measurement again so going back on the 10th
Got 2 pics that weren’t great, baby scrunched up and no amount of jumping and wriggling from me was going To change that lol
She didn’t charge for the pics as a trainee wasn’t meant to do the scan but didn’t as they were running behind but she said as everyone else had free pics I could too which was nice
Still blood showing in urine so they will test again next time

Glad the scan went well even if baby was being a pain. Perhaps they knew you didn't want to know their gender so curled up tight in case you peeked haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->