• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

April ‘baby’ showers 2020

I had a little blood. It threw me because I've only ever had blood streaked mucus at this late stage. It only lasted about 10 minutes and was only there when wiping. My placenta is up high and I've been feeling him move so I'm not really sure what's going on and if maybe it's to do with a show, as I've barely had any plug come away at all, is it possible to have a bloody show without mucus? Anyway, if I have any more I'll get it checked, and I've cancelled my plans of a walk and sex just in case.

Hi mother how are You after the blood? Hope you’re ok now

I haven’t been on as I managed to go into labour myself today and Annabelle was born at 6:29pm, middle name paige, weighing 8lb 3.5oz

I was still expecting to be induced Thursday but from 6am had ten min pains, had a bath and went back to bed as they didn’t seem too bad but had another bloody show which seemed more real as wasn’t after a sweep like the last one
Couple of hours later it had all stopped again like it had been doing all week
Went on ball and tidied up etc, pains started again but all irregular, 30 mins, sometimes 15 or 10 and then 20 mins, all of a sudden they went to 8 mins!
Called maternity and went in at 3:30pm, they got more regular and I was 4cm when I went to the labour suite at 4:45
6:29pm she was here after a fairly quick labour and birth, was so shocked it happened quite quick in the end!
Dh stayed home with kids and When they went to bed we asked my cousin to sit in the house ansnhe came up at 9pm to see her for an hour so he didn’t have to wait til tomorrow and meet her in the car park as would have kids in the car, timings couldn’t have been better in the end
I didn’t call him til an hour after the birth as had a couple stitches and placenta took a little while to come out
Didn’t need an episiotomy this time and felt a lot better after than the last 2 births lol
She’s fed well twice so far and having 2 hourly checks as didn’t get the antibiotics in time for the strep b, the cannula took forever for them to get in, luckily didn’t haemorrhage this time as they didn’t know til after that it wasn’t in a vein so my forearm was filled and swollen with fluid so didn’t get any of the meds I should have
Or antibiotics for baby
She’s ok though just having 2 hourly checks for 12 hours and can go home in the morning
I’ve been the only one on maternity ward and labour suite since I got here yesterday: it’s so quiet but got my own room and had 2, sometimes 3 midwives with me throughout, they couldn’t have done any better and I’m so grateful they never left me
We managed just on gas and air, not that there was time for anything else!

Hope you’re all ok

Ahhhhhh congrats star!!!!! So happy you didn’t end up being induced and glad everything went well being on your own etc.

mother- hope you’re doing ok and the blood was a bloody show!

Congratulations star! I hope all is ok with not having had the antibiotics.

I had no more blood yesterday. This morning I had some old blood with a bit of plug, but I'm not sure if it was just left over in there from yesterday and that'll be it now, or if it is in fact part of a show. Unfortunately I have a weak stomach right now and it took me by surprise with how gross it was as it was actually quite a large bit rather than the streaky discharge I'm used to from other shows in the past, and it made me sick. Which pulled my stomach, so now I don't know if I ache because I pulled something, or because of what's become normal reasons, or even if it's aching because things are starting. Only time will tell. I hope I'll have more show, hopefully more familiar so I know it is a show, and things will start naturally.

Hope it was a show mother, I’ve never had one before yesterday which was what made me think something might happen, also felt so sick all morning and had bad diarrhoea

I feel perfectly normal now so I'm not sure. I think I'll go for that walk today if I get the chance just to see if it does anything.

Still nothing more. I could cry. I've had enough of people messaging me every day asking "how are you doing?" Which is code for have you had the baby? They are people that would be top of the list to be told as well so not like I would have him then not tell them! I've had enough of DH keep making predictions, or asking if he's coming today, or saying "he'll be another weekend one, he's got 12 more hours to come." At this point I know I'm getting my sweep Wednesday and I want to throw a tantrum over it :haha: other areas will give sweeps before due dates but mine won't even entertain it until 41 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't need inducing as some sort of karma for me considering asking for induction a few weeks ago.

Let someone hope weds comes round quick for you or even better he’s here before that! I know my sweep technically didn’t work but it did set things off as that’s when all daily pains started resulting in the contractions Saturday
It’s 2am and we’re still awake as Annabelle has been feeding since 3pm, my other 2 done this but they done it when they were 2 days old not the first day home lol
Had about 6 hours sleep in almost 48 hours, I will just have to sleep as much as I can tomorrow, when the other 2 done this they went in for 12 hours so I might have an hour left!

Really hope things get going soon for you mother or that weds comes around quick!

star- wow what a marathon feed for such a new little one! We are going through cluster feeding in the evenings now, near constant feeding between 18-22 but then she sleeps 2 4/5 hour stretches just waking to feed once around 2, so I don’t mind!

Still nothing. Today was the day I didn't want him to come but I wouldn't complain if he decided to. I've been in a really irritable mood for days now.

Wow what a long feeding session. Hope you get a nice rest afterwards.

How you doing Sweden?

Ok finally have a real moment to catch you all up!

We have named our gorgeous girl Eleanora. It took as a few days to land on a name but now we’ve decided she totally feels like our little Ellie. My DD1 has taken to it much better than I expected! I think being in the hospital for such a short time (we had dinner at home, went in and had her and were back for breakfast) helped with that but it also felt a bit surreal!

Breastfeeding has finally stopped hurting! And going much better than it went with DD1. I just need to start trying feeding in a sling so I can do stuff at the same time as getting a bit tricky with dinner time, DD1 and trying to nurse as she is a bit of a slow eater!

She is currently sleeping awesome with just the 1 wake up. Which I’m trying not to get used to as I know they can lull you into false sense of security when they are this little!

Sounds like everything is going well. I love her name. So classic without being over used.

Congratulations Star :) <3

Mother I really hope things happen for you soon!

Sweden that's a beautiful name :cloud9:

I went for a walk yesterday. I over estimated myself as I've not been out for weeks or done any real work, and ended up managing half hour really pushing myself! My hips did ache and had stiffened right up during the night. I then ordered a hot curry. I dont even believe in this stuff but still tried it :haha:

Sweden, I love her name, so beautiful
Glad feeding is going well, ours is non stop and hurts every time! Looking forward to getting past that stage though it took a few weeks with my other 2
Let me Know how the sling goes as it’s something I haven’t managed before although I haven’t really tried too hard!
The sleep pattern is amazing!

For our first night we finally got settled to sleep at 3am and she woke at 7 I think or 7:30 , last night we didn’t sleep at all, wasn’t happening, she finally settled at 6:30am, if we weren’t in lockdown and dh at home I don’t know what I’d do!
I honestly don’t know how I kept my eyes open, every time I tried to put her down she cried, I know it’s normal but my other 2 were better as newborns and would at least do a few hours, feed and be up 1-2 hours but then sleep for a few hours more

My milk is properly in now so I’m hoping this might help her settle more
I’m so tired and try to sleep during the day but it’s more non stop feeding lol

I’m sleeping in the nursery with her from tonight rather than our room, that way i can just stay in here and hopefully not wake the other 2 up rather than be up and down out of our room so I don’t disturb dh as I need him for the other 2 and their early wake ups! Also his snoring is so bad sometimes which I think Annabelle actually likes but I don’t, i need peace when I finally get her to settle lol
Also when ds is up 5am he can then get in our bed with dh as I won’t be in there so he should go back to sleep rather than end up waking up everyone in the house
So we will see if we all get some better sleep tonight as las tonight was pretty awful all round

Mother, I’ve been thinking of you and checking in for updates, I hope something has started now or at least the walk and curry have helped!
It’s strange but i already miss been pregnant, can’t believe I’ve said that after all the trying I did to evict her haha
It’s a funny feeling knowing your body is back to how it was before, well as much as it can be, i did enjoy the excitement of waiting for her to arrive even if I was impatient at the same time!
How you’re well mother, were rooting for you!

I'll definitely miss it when it's all over. I feel like he's just never coming right now and is going to be a giant.

Hope tonight goes well with sleeping in the nursery.

We made it 11-2:30 then since then we’ve had about 3 half an hour naps but she’s waking from being windy and hiccups
It’s 7am now and she’s back asleep and the other 2 are in my bed so it’s definitely a later morning for them which is good

Hope you’re ok today mother?

That's good the other 2 are sleeping at least. I've was awake for almost 2 hours in the night, just laying there stressing and planning. If it works, I could have a baby tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully while I'm there they will also book in an induction just in case, and fingers crossed they won't want to leave it a whole extra week. I don't want a May baby! :haha:

Star- the instructions on the sling make the feeding in it look effortless but I doubt it’s the case! I have yet to try although will today. I’ll let you know how it goes! She latched badly last night and reopened a sore in one nipple but still not as painful as it once was.

Mother- really hope the sweep works!! I have a feeling you’ll have baby tomorrow for some reason! Just this weird gut feeling!

As for us- slight routine change last night. Went to bed 21.30- woke at 1 and feed for 20- back to sleep wake at 4 to feed and wake 7.30! So one more wake but she’s getting more efficient eating so less awake time. I hope she continues to be a good sleeper but I know with DD things changed around 4 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"