April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Sweep done. Induction booked for Monday. Cervix was quite far back so she pulled it forward a bit. It was still quite thick and only 1cm but stretchy. It wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as I remember from previous pregnancies which makes me feel less hopeful.

Hopefully the sweep will work and even if you do get to induction, it might not take a lot for things to get started on their own!

I was having pains and a show, then everything stopped. I've woken up hungry now and had some more show so hopefully there's still a chance

This morning the show is barely there sometimes and not at all others, and no pains. I feel like just giving up and waiting for Mondays induction now.

Come on baby!!! Fingers crossed it gets going soon Mother!! If not, at least you have an end date now!

If I have to be induced I think I'll just do it all alone tbh. I don't want to but it's going to make things such a pain with DH dropping me off, then having to come back either hours or maybe days later, and trying to get there in time.
I feel like this is ruining the end of my last pregnancy as I'm so stressed about it all. I just need him here now. As if I didn't wait long enough to even get pregnant, now I've got to wait until the last possible moment to get my baby.

That’s exactly how I felt mother, was getting so stressed and didn’t want to be induced as was doing it on my own and didn’t want to be there alone longer than I had to, really hoping the sweep starts things up for you again, mine were the same on and off like yours and the only way I thought Saturday was different was because I had more of a bloody show and the pain so started at 6am rather than the end of the day which I think were caused from being on the ball and keeping busy

Annabelle was weighed today and only lost 100g so I’m relieved, with ds he lost nearly 1lb after 5 days and we really struggled to get it back on and ended up combi feeding, not that I mind formula but we had so many weighing appointments and hospital appointment and didn’t want to have all that again

That's great that she has lost so little.

When I had the sweep the midwife booked me a second for 8:30am Friday, I told her I couldn't make it but she said take it and cancel later if needs be. Anyway, there's no way I can get there for that time, even under normal circumstances what with the other kids and how far it is. I called to cancel and she wasn't very happy and was quite insistent that I have a second sweep and had booked me for Saturday at 12 instead which is much better. I still hope I don't have to go as I don't really want to face her again after that, but if that sweep can do something then it'll be better than induction.
Someone I know went in yesterday to be induced and is still waiting on things starting. I don't think I could handle that. One of my best friends had 3 days induction followed by failure to progress and a section.

I hope the second sweep works, like you said it would be with it if it does
If it helps for some more positive stories my induction with dd was one pessary, then they broke waters 6 hours later, drip went straight up (instead of waiting 2 hours) as he rheart rate went fast, co traction’s started straight away and she was born 11 hours later
Induction with ds was waters broke straight away as peasary not needed, drip went up 2 hours later, contractions started about 3 hours after and he was born a total of 6 hours after the drip going up
If it does come to induction hopefully the first sweep would have helped you along to not need so much inducing

She did say that my score was 6 and they should be able to break my waters, so hopefully it won't be a case of waiting days to even get started. Was you allowed to move around? I can't be still, and I'm scared I'm going to end up having to lay on my back on a monitor the whole time.
This morning I've managed to pull right down one side of my back and can hardly move, also my heart burn tablets are not available in my asda delivery and I've only got enough left for one 'good' night. I'll admit I've had a cry already, mostly because hurting my back brought tears to my eyes which then turned in to actual crying because everything is just wrong.
I'm also the most pregnant I've ever been.

I was able to move around with dd until waters broke then had to go on the monitor, the same with ds but co reactions weren’t long after so I wouldn’t have really walked anywhere at that point
I really hope you can rest today and something happens once you have rested, near the end I had a couple days where I gave up trying to get her out and just saved my energy, I also had 1 rennie left and refused to buy anymore which is why I’m glad she came when she did on my last day of heartburn supplies!

See it's when the contractions are bad that I need to move. I need to pace and rock my hips to get through them. That's how I knew with ds4 that it wasn't just Braxton Hicks again, I got into bed and instantly had to get out again.
Yeah I didn't do anything yesterday, just gave up.

Hey Mother how's things? Just thought I would say when I had to have my waters broken I was encouraged to go for a walk outside on hospital grounds then had to be monitored once in but they suggested attaching it to her head instead to give me more freedom as the wireless monitor kept moving off her. I didn't end up moving anywhere as I had the epidural, but perhaps that's something you could think about if you want to remain as mobile as possible.
I totally understand where you're coming from with being your last baby and feeling as if the end of pregnancy is being ruined. That's precisely how I felt. I was sad enough that I wouldn't be able to have the home birth I had always wanted, but then being at hospital more than home during the last few weeks of pregnancy and when I'm petrified of that environment, all this virus rubbish on top of that too. Then labour just went tits up (by my expectations at least), and like that's not enough I wasn't allowed to enjoy these first few weeks because my bp just wouldn't behave till now.
Hopefully for you it will be different, you shouldn't have to be monitored the whole time surely? I would think you should be able to have a bit more freedom over how Labour goes. And after ought to all go smoothly, so you should be able to be at home again soon after. I hope you're OK

Oh mother sorry your feeling fed up and that the end of your pregnancy has been ruined. Hopefully the sweep today will work some magic! I’m exactly the same with needing to rock and move through contractions. During my labour I pulled the monitor off as I couldn’t handle lying down any longer. They told me they were really struggling to get a good reading and I told them I couldn’t physically lay down- eventually a midwife came and held the monitors on whilst I was on all 4s over the edge of the head of the bed. Maybe if they need to monitor you, they could do something similar?

That's reasurring to hear that they found ways around it so you could both move still.
Yesterday I had pains and more show again, then it all stopped by the evening. When I got up in the night for the toilet there was a bit more show but not anything yet this morning. I'm hoping that if some show came away by itself yesterday then it means I'll have more chance of the second sweep doing something today.
I had my brother in law on the phone again last night asking if I had had the baby, saying he thought maybe he had missed the call to say come look after the boys.

It does sound promising mother
I was on all fours this time, I tried with the other 2 as wanted gravity to help but I couldn’t push properly, I was glad this time I managed to stay this was through contractions and give birth this way , the midwife next to me held the gas and gave me sips of water in between so I could grab the end of bed rail while the other midwife delivered her , they were amazing

That's good you were able to do that Star. I hope that either way I can get a positive birth experience. I'm feeling a little nervous about it all, with so much having gone the other way to what I'd have wanted already.

This child clearly hates me. I went to the midwife for my sweep, he was nicely engaged, all my stuff was fine, but his heart beat was 180. He was going mental at the time but she said even with him moving they would only expect 170, so she sent me to the hospital to have a trace done. Trace is fine, they said he's just really active, and they'll do my sweep. Gets her fingers in there and he's popped out of engagement and she can't do a sweep! I've got instructions that if my waters go I should lay on my side with my hips raised above my head and phone an ambulance as his cord could get between his head and my cervix which would obviously be very bad.

Oh Mother you are having no luck are you :nope:

Really hope he arrives soon x

My boy arrived wednesday morning 7lb 15oz perfectly healthy. Labour was 59 minutes and very intense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->