April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Smiley, congratulations :)

Mother, I'm sorry things are so difficult for you at the moment. I wish we could all do something to help in some way. I hope he arrives soon and without any drama! It has to happen soon

My waters went this evening, I called the hospital and they weren't at all bothered about the idea of prolapse. Went in for more monitoring. Home again now, having some contractions but few and far between so if nothing more by 7:30pm tomorrow they will call me to come in for induction. Hoping I'll get a few hours sleep then wake up to regular contractions though.

Oh good news mother! Let’s hope your contractions are stronger once you’ve had some sleep that is

Oh how exciting! Cheering you on, but for some sleep first :)

Congratulations smiley, that was a quick birth!

Wow smiley that was quick- congratulations!!

oh mother exciting!! Let’s see if it’s another weekend baby for you!! Really hope he is here soon!

I must have been thinking about you last night mother Cos I dreamt I was pregnant again and my waters hadn’t broke! I was trying to get my husband to hurry up for the hospital and telling him we’re going to have twins as she’s so close in age to Annabelle haha

Mother I hope everything is OK and you're having newborn snuggles now <3

Hi guys, sorry it took so long to update. I had the worst labour I could imagine. I had my first ever epidural, episiotomy and forceps delivery. He was facing the wrong way but no one would believe me for hours. I'm battered and bruised and so sore down below. He even pooped inside me for good measure so we've spent the night in hospital. 100% never doing this again. It's embarrassingthinking back, I'm usually so quiet and trusting in my body, but I was scream that I couldn't do it, I needed help.
But he is here, born yesterday at 4:59pm (another weekend baby) weighing 8lb 12 at 11 days over due.

Screenshot_20200427-061513_Gallery.jpg

Congratulations mother!! That must be a record- 5 weekend births! I’m so sorry you had a rough birth though- hopefully you can take it easy for a bit. Hugs!

Congratulations mother, beautiful baby!
Sorry it was a bad birth for you though, just glad he’s here safe and hopefully you can recover soon

Thanks everyone. We've got to stay in another day as the midwife said she thought it was "ambitious" to go home already. He's since failed his hearing test in his left ear twice. It could be that it's full of meconium, who knows, they are going to do a different type of test in the morning.
I just want to be home in my own bed with freedom to eat and take medication as needed, but I know this is for the best, and with the hearing thing now it's probably good we were staying. I also need iron tablets, but my cannula is out at last so that's good.

Mother, congratulations. What a beautiful little boy <3 :cloud9:
I'm so sorry you had such a difficult experience. Hopefully you can both settle soon at home :hugs:
I think they said to me if a baby needed the other hearing test you had to be admitted or they weren't doing them at the moment otherwise, because of the current situation. So it is in a way a good thing you're there as you won't have to wait for the other hearing test. I really hope the next one goes OK

You’re in the best place for you both at the moment even though Home always feels like the best place.
Hope the hearing test is better today, could just be something needs clearing in there when it’s ready
He really is so cute!

Thanks guys, I know logically it's best but hormones haha DH text me this morning saying that the boys can't wait to see Reuben and I almost cried :haha:
The midwife seemed happy this morning but said because of what happened I need a doctor's review, but I heard her tell someone else the doctors should be round about 10, so fingers crossed when the hearing screen lady said "in the morning" she meant the actual morning as well and we might get to leave today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->