April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Oh I hope you have been seen and can go home! It's horrible being stuck in hospital. I hope the hearing test goes well :)

He was really unsettled so they couldn't get a reading still, so we've been refered to audiology.
We did manage to get home yesterday though thankfully

I can't even sit so I'm in bed, ds2 made dinner yesterday. I've said they can come in and out as they please to see me and Reuben as I don't want them to feel excluded.

Hey y'all! It's been quite awhile since I have posted and just warning that this is probably going to be long long but alas here we go. I had my daughter 4 days ago on the 25th at 9:11am and she weighed in at 7lbs 11oz and 19 1/2in long. My labor and delivery went pretty much perfect, I was induced and had the epidural so it went by quick and it turns out that she was my quickest labor out of all of my kids. We checked into the hospital around 9pm on the 24th and she was born 9am the next morning<3 everything was good after she was born, we stayed the normal 24 hrs and they checked her sugars since I had gestational diabetes but after only about 6 draws they stopped since her sugars were stable and she had no spikes or drops. We got discharged home around 3pm on the 26th and we were very happy and excited. While home, my fiance's mom came over to watch the baby while we went to fill my prescriptions which was pretty quick. He then let me take a nap around 8pm since I had only gotten maybe 2 hrs of sleep total in the hospital. Unfortunately this part gets quite a bit disappointing and very scary. I woke up from my nap around 10pm and was having uncontrollable shivers, like I was freezing, to the point where i was having trouble breathing because I was trying to catch my breath kind of freezing. I also had body aches. My fiance covered me in about 4 more blankets and after 10 mins of me still shaking uncontrollably he decided to call an ambulance which was a good idea on his part because I wouldn't of gone otherwise. In the ambulance I found out that had a fever of 104.1, my bp was high and my pulse was very high as well, I was septic and on the brink of death in only a matter of hours of feeling like my normal self:nope: when I got to the hospital they did every test under the sun; ct scan, ultrasound, xray, blood draw and blood cultures etc. And they told me that I have a large infected kidney stone that is blocking my kidney from draining and was infected by an ecoli bacteria which also infected my urinary tract, and that I got the ecoli bacteria from the catheter during my epidural procedure. My blood was positive for the ecoli as well, so basically if I wouldn't have came in when I did, the results would of been deadly :(
Anyway, so I have been here in the hospital since Giselle was a day old which is 3 days now and its killing me, but in that time my life was saved by these amazing doctors and nurses. I now have a nephrostomy tube in my kidney to help it drain until I get my surgery to remove the stone which will be sometime in May. They have been pushing heavy antibiotics and fluids in me and I havent had a fever since yesterday morning so the doctor told me that I will get to go home tomorrow!!:dance::happydance: I've had some really amazing nurses and overall this hospital stay has been a better experience then even my labor and delivery hospital. And because I just had my baby, the lactation consultant has come to see me every day I've been here and brought me a manual breast pump the morning I was admitted to my room. Then today she brought me an electric one to borrow until tomorrow since my milk came in, and I am pumping 4oz at a time! 2 out of each side. I am beyond proud of my body keeping up to support my baby even with all its going through and me not being able to be with her right now. Kind of crazy how our bodies have the ability to heal and continue on like this. I feel very blessed. If you guys could keep me in your prayers I would appreciate it very much. I'm sorry this is so long but there was quite a bit to explain:wacko: thank you for listening and congratulations to everyone and their babies. I will keep you guys updated:flower:
Here is a picture of my sweet girl today at 4 days old and a picture of the milk I pumped because I am just so damn proud of it I want to hang it in a frame hahah:haha::dohh: hope everyone is doing well. I will have to catch up a bit once I get out of here.

20200429_121100.jpg inCollage_20200429_174840270.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Abii, how scary. Congratulations on your baby and I hope you'll be home enjoying her soon.

It's been a bit rough here too. I managed to get an infection in my stitches. Just turning over in bed had me crying in pain. I now have antibiotics and stronger pain killers but I can't breast feed with them. Feeding him was the only thing I could do, DH was doing everything else, and as my last baby as well I really didn't want to say goodbye to breastfeeding yet. But I need to get better and I just keep telling myself that my wellness is the most important bit.

Mother- hope you’re feeling a bit better and have been able to rest!

Abii- she’s gorgeous! And the milk too-haha! Hope you’re feeling better! I got sepsis with DD1 and it was scary as hell and I felt awful. Makes me very grateful for Antibiotics!

We are all good here! Settling into routines as a family of four. Although DD1 has seemed angry at me today and wanting to sit on my lap when feeding little one. I think the jealousy is finally hitting. She’s so cute with her Pappa but feels like she’s punishing me...DD2 is an awesome little bubba so far but starting to hit the fussy evenings a bit with gas and cluster feedings!

Oh saw your post came in as I uploaded mine mother. Oh I’m sorry you have had a rough time! But you are right you need to focus on your health and get your pain under control. If you really want to breastfeed could you pump whilst you are on the meds?

I could try, I've never had much luck pumping in the past but a friend did give me am electric pump she bought and never got round to using, and if nothing else it might keep the stimulation there to ease back over.

Abbi I hope you're on the mend, gorgeous photo of your little one!

Sorry to hear you're not feelingi good mother, I agree your well ess is so important right now, you could try pumping for the meantime in case you want to try feeding again when you're feeling better, I never got much pumping either and found hand expressing easier when I did, I didn't find a pump expressed much more, it might make you feel happier even if you express a little bit but if it makes you feel more sore or tired I'm sure he's happy as long as he's fed and had a happy mummy!

Were all OK, Annabelle sleeps a lot and Is asleep in the evening by 6-7 but I change and feed her at 9 then put her in the cot and she goes til around 2am for an hour then will have another 2-3 hours til around 5-6am and then we nap on and off most of the morning and get up about 11-12 as dh has the other 2
And brings endless tea and breakfast up as I seem to be stuck in my. Lazy morning routine, I'm in for a shock when he's back at work!

Thank you, you're right as long as he's fed he's happy, he doesn't mind how. I've felt bad putting so much on DH, the house, the other kids, the animals, the kids education, plus waiting on me, and doing everything for the baby. Thankfully I feel a bit more comfortable already today, though DH has said not to get ahead of myself so I'm still stuck in bed.

That's great your DH is being so helpful, and sounds like Annabelle is sleeping well which is always good.
Ds2 has been amazing. He's so taken with Reuben, but he's also been like a second adult in the house. He's cooked every night since I came home, helped DH with the younger ones lessons, even sat with the baby while DH changed our bed and I had a bath.

How’s everyone doing now?

Eleanora has settled in wonderfully. We got our first smile on Sunday. She gets a little fussy in the evenings at the moment but I’ve noticed it’s if she doesn’t get a consistent sleep in the afternoon which is hard with DD1 running around but I try to take her out in the pram for a bit late afternoon and notice that really helps Prevent the evening fussiness. Otherwise all great here but terrified how quick it’s going!

That's great she's settling in so well.
I'm finally up and about and doing small tasks within the house, though DH is still telling me to take it easy.
Reuben is pretty content in general although we've had the odd fussy day/evening.

Hi glad you're both well

Werw all good here, Annabelle had just put on 12oz in 2 weeks so now exactly 9lb
Had some sore boob issues but they're starting to feel better now
She sleeps Quite well but does like to feed a lot during the day!.

Sweden, I agree, it's crazy how quick it's going, ca t wait for the day she can meet family, my mum is desperate for a cuddle!

Reuben was weighed yesterday and is 9lb 9.
I forgot how much holding babies can make your back ache though haha

Glad you’re both doing well and the little ones too!

Eleanora has been putting on weight like a champ. On a 4 week check up she was 9lbs5oz so had put in exactly 3lbs since birth. I’m so happy to say that so far the breastfeeding is going great! Such a relief as I had continuous feeding problems with DD1.

Mum- you do totally forget about the back ache with little ones! Glad you’ve been able to be up and about a bit!

Star I also can’t wait for family to meet her! Although seeing as all my family don’t live in the same country as me I doubt it will be anytime soon. Makes me really sad some days. OHs mum and dad met her after she was born but now we are all back self-isolating. Although nothing stopping us as we are not in lockdown it feels like the right thing to do.

I agree, they've relaxed the lockdown rules here so technically we could take him to meet one family member, 6 foot apart, but it feels safest right now to remain in isolation. Plus the person who *should* see him first (MIL) can't get out and about by herself anyway.
Glad breastfeeding is going well, once it's all established and settled it can be lovely.

Mother, my back is killing me today after going for a walk, swear it's carrying Annabelle around all the time

Sweden, ahh great news shes gaining weight so well, little trooper!

Were all OK, still isolating too, just going for walks with a picnic every couple of days to keep us sane!
Well we drive places to go as trying to get changes of scenery when we do go out

Haven't been getting as much sleep, if I go to bed early enough I can have 5-6 hours and then the odd half or 1 hour after that, don't always go to bed early enough though so my own fault
Also she's had a stuffy nose for a couple of days and been getting snorty when laying flat, luckily seems a bit better today so fingers crossed for tonight!

Sorry to hear you're not getting much sleep star. I'm terrible for going to bed early enough, I always want a bit of time in the evenings to just "be" when the kids are in bed but could be using that time for sleep. I hope her stuffy nose clears soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->