April Dewdrops 2019

We had our scan today and baby was measuring 8w6d so due date of 28/4. Lovely healthy heartbeat. It turns out the pregnancy started off as twins but one stopped growing at 6 weeks. A bit sad but happy that we have one healthy baby.

:hugs: pink_bow, sorry for your loss. I hope you're not overwhelmed by such news and am thankful that your other baby is thriving. We experienced a loss during our previous twin pregnancy so if you ever need to chat about it feel free to mssg me

Agreed Weebles, those few weeks in differences won't seem like much at all later on. If it will ease your anxiety even in the slightest I hope that your OB will be open to do another scan

Glad you're feeling loads better Belle!

Beautiful scans Belle and abennion!

So sorry for your loss pink_bow. X hugs X

My OB registration went wonderfully on Friday. The military hospital is gorgeous! My appointment was in the middle of the day, so it took 45 minutes without traffic .... but over an hour to get home. We tried to negotiate a closer option, but they said that it is quite normal for expectant mothers to drive as far as we have to. Everything about the experience was wonderful, so I'm not as shook up about it as I was. I'll just have to cross my legs until after traffic dies down when I go into labor!

My first scan will be October 2nd at 11 weeks. I opted not to get a private scan beforehand, being as it isn't as long of a wait as I was initially told. The private scan is not done by a doctor, so there would not be a measurement or any diagnostic value, and if they couldn't find a heartbeat or had any concerns, I'd be a nervous wreck until my "real" scan.

We are enrolled in monthly group sessions, pre-scheduled during the worst morning traffic, but I think it will be worth it. Everyone we interacted with was just wonderful. A gentleman walked up to us before we even got to the map and asked where we were headed, the receptionist was delightful, my nurse was friendly and informative, the lab tech was a hoot. I really felt good walking out of there. I hope it continues!

Still no nausea and the fatigue seems to be subsiding. I feel pretty normal, actually. It's too early for a bump, but there is not any give when I press in that area where it used to be quite squishy. All in all, I am doing well and just waiting impatiently!

Hickory I am glad your experience with the military hospital was better than you had expected! Two weeks to go until your scan, not too long now!

Pinkbow I am sorry for your lost

I stopped taking my diclectin and the nausea and vomiting is back : dohh: so I'll go back on the meds for another few more weeks. Thought I'd be in the clear at 12 weeks but I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones!

I'm so sorry pinkbow. And so glad as well.

Hickory, I'm glad you had a wonderful experience!

Hope you start feeling better again soon belle!

I have 3 appointments in the next 7 days. Primary Care, Specialty care, and OB. I can't believe in two days I will be ten weeks. Hitting ten weeks makes me feel like stuff is actually happening all the weeks before just feel like forever but I know with all the holidays coming plus finding out the gender time will start flying by. I had weekly scans with my first pregnancy in the first trimester. Its amazing how much they change from week 8 to week 11 then go from a gummy bear little thing to full blown baby with arms and legs! I remember the amazement at 11 week scan last time when baby flung his arms open!

Hope you all are doing well. This group is going to get so much more exciting in the weeks to come with all our bumps starting to come and finding our genders/buying baby stuff! I have resisted buying stuff so well this time.

Glad it was a wonderful experience Hickory

Hope you got quick relief with restarting the Diclectin Belle

Wow busy week ahead for you babyvaughan. Praying with each appointment you receive fantastic care and news

Is there anyone else who will not be finding out the genders before birth?
We love the surprise of waiting!

Hope everyone had a great weekend

DH and I won't be finding out this time around! This is my last pregnancy and I will never have the chance to be surprised at birth again so I'm going for it.

I don't know how to handle the ultrasounds though. The images are so clear these days and it's easy for me to tell after 20 weeks that even a quick peek would give it away. I'm debating on if I should just close my eyes and not look at the screen at all.

In the past we've told the sonographer straight away that we don't want to know.
Close your eyes at the beginning so that they can find their bearings and then hopefully once they are doing their checks in the lower region they'll warn you so you can close your eyes again, or they can turn the screen

Babyvaughan so many appointments coming up! 10 weeks is definitely a milestone! I feel like all of the even numbered weeks are milestones though :haha:

Weebles I'm hoping to keep it a surprise too, more fun that way!

AFM I had some very light spotting (like streaks of bright red blood) this morning. I freaked out and went to emergency. The doc told me since it was such a small amount, that there was no cramping, and since it stopped to not worry about it and just go home. SO they didn't check anything. I'm obviously still worried. I'll follow up with my family doc in a couple days. Hoping I won't see more spotting. I found out today though that the baby was measuring ahead on our last ultrasound. So I'm 13 weeks tomorrow. We've got a quick little grower in there. My friend who is a nurse said that maybe baby is growing quickly and that's why there was the little bit of spotting. I dunno. I hope not to see more. The anxiety with this pregnancy is really starting to wear me down.

Could it have been from your cervix? A few streaks doesn't sound too worrisome (from an outside perspective) but I'm surprised they didn't even check for a heartbeat. No cramping is a good sign too I think. It's impossible not to worry. ((hugs))

I think it's probably okay. Not seeing more spotting this morning. I just flipped yesterday. Then Google diagnosed me with an incompetent cervix and I flipped even harder :haha: it's so hard to trust my body that it can do this. I plan to follow up with my doc this week as I need to get the full results from bloodwork and scan last week. Just not sure when the bloodwork will be in. They told me 3-5 days.

Tomorrow (Sept 27th) is my 30th birthday. Bit of a hard pill for me to swallow- ahaha. But it also marks exactly 1 month until our private 15w scan where we will be finding out the sex of little #4. It is also 2 weeks today until our NT scan so I am excited/nervous about that. I should be going for my blood screening Friday as well.

My energy levels have picked up a tiny bit now at 10.5 weeks, and over all I have been feeling more OK, and finding the heartbeat pretty easily. That said, this morning I was violently sick before breakfast. We have been away on a mini family vacation, and we were at the hotel and I guess I didn't get food into my stomach fast enough on waking. My 3yo and nearly 2yo walked into the bathroom. Qhen I was getting sick and were very concerned, poor babies.

I found out the light brown discharge I was having during my 8th week is because I have a small pocket of blood in my gestional sac. I was told it's abnormal but common and it will either continue to come out in small amounts causing brown DC or I may have a small bleed but she was able to find babies hb today with the Doppler and was so sweet to tell me at anytime if I want to have her check for me to give me piece of mind just call and she will. So for those of you will small bleed or weird DC I hope this gives you some peice of mind. Baby was moving around a lot which she said is awesome for me being just 10 weeks! I won't be see until October 29th unless I am concerned. I was given the option of an NT scan but it requires a 1 hr drive each way and would cost me a lot of money so I'm going to pass. I did get the cystic fibrois test back and I'm not a carrier. I feel like this month is going to feel like forever. We find out the gender at private scan on Halloween. We have our costumes and mine has a long dress to it which I'm hoping I have a bump and not look fluffy by that point lol.

I'm glad things are looking okay vaughan and that you got to hear the heart beat!

I have had no more spotting incidents since the bit I had on Monday this week. Had my 13 week check up today, and got the results of our NT scan and first trimester genetic screening. Everything looks good and normal so far! Got to hear the baby's heart beat on doppler today which made me really happy! I'm still feeling pretty sickly (puked twice today). But all in all I'm just so happy that the baby is doing well that I don't even care. For the first time, this actually feels real.

I'm glad things are looking okay vaughan and that you got to hear the heart beat!

I have had no more spotting incidents since the bit I had on Monday this week. Had my 13 week check up today, and got the results of our NT scan and first trimester genetic screening. Everything looks good and normal so far! Got to hear the baby's heart beat on doppler today which made me really happy! I'm still feeling pretty sickly (puked twice today). But all in all I'm just so happy that the baby is doing well that I don't even care. For the first time, this actually feels real.

How wonderful that everything is well! Great results and I am glad the spotting stopped!

Welcome dancing and congratulations!

Thanks Katie! It is such a relief. Things are finally starting to feel more real to me!

Yay dancing welcome!!

Happy Belated birthday counting :cake:
So sad when our littles see us when we're hunched over the toilet. My 3 year old has spent many nights hanging out in the restroom with me, almost like a little protector. I find it endearing yet incredibly sad. Hope it was a one of kind of thing and that MS hasn't come back full-swing for you.

babyvaughan that's wonderful news that your CF test came back with you in the clear. Still excited for your Halloween gender reveal :happydance:

Belle so pleased that all was well with your NT scan and that you heard LO's hb and yay for no more spotting.

Hope everyone is well!

Hi Ladies sorry have been very quiet lately. Just got back from a week's break up in Scotland was lovely and relaxing.
Glad to hear everything is going well for you all.

Pinkbow sorry to hear about your loss what a head spinner to be told that.

I have my scan tomorrow I should be 13 weeks I am so nervous after my previous mmc! Don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->