April Diamonds!! [2016 Rainbows]

Went to get Ultrasound today. Update and pictures are in my journal :) I feel like everything is just tragging. Getting this far I just dont want anything to go wrong, I want time to hurry so she is happy and healthy in my arms.

Baby's due in 60 days.:pink:

Crazy! Last night my hubby said, whoah, I better get going on building all that stuff (crib, rock n play, etc). :happydance:

i know! my ticker says 46 days left, but that's 46 days until i hit 40 weeks. i'll likely have the baby either by vbac or csection a few days before that. eep! so i'm saying less than 45 days for me!

the double stroller is still in the box and will stay that way for a bit, but i have to build the bassinet and swing and get all the baby clothes washed. i feel like there's still so much to do!!!

Oh I haven't posted here in ages!!

How are you all?
I can't believe how close to April we are now?!! Not long till we will be able to say 'due next month!' I should be full term March 18th and got 46 days till my due date :)

Had my first at 39+3 days but for some reason I feel this baby will come before that... Who knows eeek

I'm so unprepared though and should really start getting organised.

Everyone is getting close! before we know it ya'll will be popping out the little ones!

babyjan - funny! My son was born at 39+5 and I feel like this one will be before that as well...we shall see!!

Im going to have Henna done on my baby belly :) Super excited. I dont have a pretty bum, so maybe this will beautify it lol. Im not going until March 26th though. Wanna make sure I still have it when I have my little girl.

Goodmorning! I had my 34 week appointment this morning ---- CRAZY, RIGHT?!

Blood pressure is great 100/60, at one appointment they found protein in my urine and my blood pressure was elevated higher than normal so they started to get concerned about pre-e, but that is no longer a concern.

I have been super itchy lately though so I brought it up to the dr. and she sent me to the lab to get bloodwork done to test for Obstetric Cholestasis :( She said if it comes back positive, they will be taking the baby early... not sure what early means, but I'm just hoping I'm itchy because of the dry air.

Oh and to make matters worse, the doctor I saw did not make me happy. First she asked if I planned on breastfeeding and I said yes, I plan to EBF until I go back to work and then I'll be doing a combo of pumping/nursing if my supply allows me to do so. She then made a comment that it's ok to just give the baby the bottle so my husband and son don't resent me for having to spend so much time feeding the baby (wtf???). Then she asked me what we were going to do to "prevent us from being here again in a year" meaning not get pregnant again. She said, "Because clearly the barrier method failed for you guys" as if this pregnancy was unplanned or that we have no business planning anymore babies.

Then I talked about Paraguard because it's hormone free and long term and she flat out told me I'd hate it because it doesn't get rid of periods and I should just go with something filled with hormones -_-

Needless to say, I will not be seeing her again.

Holy crap! I would not be seeing her either! That was super rude all around. Even if you were back in a year, what does she care? Keeps her in a freaking job. And how the heck does she know what you would like or not like? I can't do the hormone ones because they turn me into a nut job. Period or not.

The only thing that I would suggest it to let baby take the bottle from time to time before going back to work. ( Still full of breastmilk though) So that when you do go to work DH wont have a hard time getting her to eat. But that has nothing to do with them feeling resentful. Its more so baby doesnt stress when youre gone and she needs to eat.

I definitely do have plans to introduce the bottle somewhere between 5-7 weeks after my supply is established. But like you said, of breast-milk. She was basically telling me to use formula to give myself a break and so hubby wouldn't resent me and to do it right from the get go. She even said "they are breast nazi's in the hospital, make sure you let them know that it's ok to give your baby a bottle so you can get some sleep in the hospital"

umm so NOT ok. I would be pissed if they gave my baby a bottle in the hospital. Honestly Im surprised a OB would say that. I mean if you have to, you have to, but giving your baby a bottle when they are establishing how to breastfeed only hurts the process.

I feel bad for new moms go to see this doctor and dont know any better.

zmz - that is crazy! Sorry you had a poor experience with her. I take it she is not your usual dr?

I had my 32 week apt today. I had a Non-Stress Test because I mentioned baby movement had decreased, but everything looked great.
I scheduled my C-section for April 27! Its on the calendar. So, if I don't go on my own, my baby will be born on April 27. I could have picked a week earlier but I already have to take time off work so didn't want to extent that unpaid time any longer. Who knows what this baby will decide though!

I thought I updated on all the threads but i had my little girl at 34 &1 due to severe pre eclampsia! She is doing wonderfully in the NICU and should be home very soon :)

Glad to hear she is doing well!! So scary!

What's the little sweeties name :D

Congrats! I am so glad she is doing well! pretty soon we'll be popping them out left and right! HAHA

My skin around the belly button hurts so bad! It stings and feels like I have tiny cuts :(

I've creamed it and it doesn't take away the pain! With my first I developed stretch marks very close to the end so now those stretch marks are stretching and that's what I think is causing the pain... I just don't know!

34+3 today. I had a growth scan that estimates little guy is just about 6lbs. I have a repeat section scheduled for April 5th - if I go into labor before then, we might go for a vbac, but if not, I'm 100% happy with a repeat section. Can't believe it's only 35 days left!! :happydance:

Attachments

• 10289916_10100342315035407_7051873789697393857_n.jpg
    10289916_10100342315035407_7051873789697393857_n.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78