April Diamonds!! [2016 Rainbows]

Welcome haiyou and babyjan!! Happy to have you here in our "tentatively excited" April thread! :)

HI JTINK! SO happy to see you here!

This morning I woke up feeling a little pukey because I was hungry. I thought that was maybe a good sign? I mean, I am not even 4wks yet. So I dont really know.
But I took another test (I KNOW I should really stop taking them and try to relax) and it was slightly lighter than yesterday evenings' test. I have been getting darker tests in the evening and lighter ones with fmu. Not really sure what/if that means anything?....

Kozmik, darkness of tests aren't good to tell progression because a lot of factors can influence it.

AFM: Only picture I could get of my scan. They aren't allowed to tell me anything so I snuck a video..... Should get results in a few hour. I believe I see a fetal pole and yolk near the top,of the sac. I hope I do anyway
https://i.imgur.com/G1RDWqo.png

Thanks for sharing your sneaky pic, Navy! Hoping to get a great update from you soon!

Oooh! Hoping to hear good things about your scan!

I got my progesterone back from yesterday, it went up from 11 to 13, so I hope that's okay!

OK so - advice needed!
I have been seen for my last two pregnancies (both m/c's, and one D&C) by a different MD than the one that delivered my son.
But my hubby and I decided to switch back to the MD that delivered my son.
So I just called there to schedule an appt and they cant get me in until Sept 14, and that is not even with the MD, its with a nurse educator.
I feel like if I called the MD that saw me for the two m/cs, she would want me in soon and would likely do an ultrasound, even before I can get in with my old MD.

What would you guys do? Is it in poor taste to "use" one doctor for an initial visit and likely an ultrasound, and then switch providers? Ugh...it sounds so dishonest.

Haiyouguize, jtink28m babyjan - welcome!

And to address the 'cautiously expecting' thing and not being able to 'enjoy' the pregnancy at the moment, This is how my attitude was with the three losses I had. I was so worried every time I would get a :bfp: but this time around I have put that behind me. I figured that if this is the one, god will let everything happen the way it's supposed to happen.

I think a mixture of that and the fact that I am further along now than I was with all three of my losses, has really let me relax a lot more and be happy that I'm pregnant and let the stress melt away (a little bit anyways lol).

Navylady - I hope everything went well! When I went in for my 6 week scan you could barely see anything and I was terrified... then she said, "oh wait, I think that's a yolk sac..." and then was able to find something inside that measured to be 6w0d.

KozmikKitten - I'm thinking maybe just a faulty pregnancy test honestly. There are boxes of tests that I could take 3 with the same urine sample and they all have different darkness to the lines. And about the 'using one doctor' thing is something I would do... and did. The people at my normal practice don't do ultrasounds until 20 weeks for the anatomy scan. I basically lied about not knowing how far along I was to my pcp and used them to schedule me an early scan.

Results are less than ideal. Quant last week was 950 and today was 5000 but it should have been 15000. They saw a yolk sac but no fetal pole. They put me at 5+1 with an EDD of April 13th. It's impossible for me to have gotten a positive test when I did if I was that far. Repeat ultrasound on the 28th if I don't start bleeding.
I'm basically measuring a week behind and my levels aren't doubling like they should, they're taking 2x as long to double than they should. They told me to be ready.

I will be praying for you. I really hope things turn out ok.

Oh Navy I'm sorry it wasnt great news. I'll definitely be staying hopeful and praying for you! I wish you didnt have to wait 2 weeks for another scan.

I really hope all works out for you Navy!! I'm sorry that today you got less than ideal news, but there is still hope. Try to stay positive <3

Ladies, I need some advice, big time. One of the Drs in my OBs office (who doesn't see me) had my nurse call me and wants me to stop taking my progesterone. What should I do? My progesterone was so low, I don't think I should stop.

Navy- This happened to me last year. The progesterone will delay a mc if you keep taking it. You may not mc at all while you are still on it. Progesterone is what prevents bleeding. I had to stop mine in an effort to bring on a mc. You need to be certain you agree with their ultrasound results before you stop taking it.
I'm very sorry you are going thru this. I did this exact same thing twice last year.

Well until I have confirmation that my gestational sac and yolk/fetal pole isn't growing and that there's no heart beat and my HCG is falling, Ill stay on it. I won't stop it until I'm 100% certain of a loss

Because as of right now there is growth and progress, albeit a bit slow.

Navy- Exactly. I didn't stop mine until after several scans with the same result.

Navy- I completely understand. Both my preg last year were losses. Sadly very similar to what you are going thru now. I've never had a good ultrasound. They only bring bad news. So I can't help but dread my ultrasound on Monday. I don't know if I can survive losing a 3rd. I am praying for you. I know it's little comfort. Just know I understand and I'm here. *big hugs*

I'm hoping your ultrasound shows a nice, strong little bean!!! :big hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->