April Showers - April 2023 testing thread

AF is still here and will be for a few days so really nothing to report as yet.

I'm on cycle day 3 and I've noticed this period is lighter than normal. Definitely more than spotting, but typically I have a 6 day cycle starting with a light day, 2 very heavy days, then 2 light days and spotting on the 6th day. Usually on my heavy days I'm bleeding through my pjs the second I get up in the morning. It usually wakes me up because I know whats about to happen. But there wasn't much there this morning until I went pee. Not at all sure what to make of this. I feel like my pms symptoms are bit more mild too aside from the cramps and muscle weakness.

Hi Ladies! Didn't see an April thread, so I made one for us! AF is due in 2 days for me, and it's looking like I am soon to be on to cycle 16 ](*,):sad2:

Thank you for making the April thread. I’m cd1 today but can ovulate anywhere between cd16-cd25. Will give a testing date when ovulation is confirmed.
Sorry af got you. Fingers crossed for this cycle. Good luck

@Pink.Rose Thank you for making this April thread. If I ovulate by day 14 I should be testing around the 13th :)
I am hoping for my rainbow.
My sister just found out she is pregnant and told me the same day I got my first AF af the miscarriage. I am so happy for her, but at the same time reminded of what we lost.
Fingers crossed for all of us that end up in this thread [-o<

Hope this thread brings you your rainbow. It’s gotta be tough finding out your sisters pregnant. Such mixed emotions. I found out at my 12 week scan baby had passed away. My brothers baby was just a week old and it was so hard meeting him. He’s adorable and I’m so grateful for him but holding him whilst losing my own was heartbreaking. Hopefully you’ll be pregnant with your precious baby very soon and can enjoy your pregnancies together. Best of luck sweetheart

Hey ladies :hi:
I will be testing April 4th. If I actually ovulate this time. Cd3 and what a painful one it's been. :-(

sorry af’s been a b***h, hoping you don’t have to wait too long for ovulation. Good luck

Please put me down for April 17th, if I can hold out that long. It will be our 9th wedding anniversary. <3

How lovely to get a bfp on your anniversary. Hope it happens for you. Fingers crossed

Hello everyone, just had our IUI this morning, please put me down for testing on April 3rd!

wishing you so much luck. I hope the iui brings you a healthy, sticky bfp

Hey ladies long time again, having another funky cycle, never got a pos OPK but here’s what’s going on:

• this weekend I woke up with a cold, scratchy throat, congestion and mild fever
  • woke up with a cold sore
  • Started spotting only dark brown and it’s been lightly doing that for three days now
  • Heartburn
not sure what’s going on or what to think. I have still been taking OPKS and also did a HPT today and both are still negative. Is this just my PCOS being a bully?!

photos with and without flash

View attachment 1114753 View attachment 1114754

oh also haven’t had AF going on CD55 today. Haven’t tracked when we have BDed this cycle as I’ve kinda lost hope

sounds like your having a horrid anovulatory cycle hun. I had awful long cycles trying for dd3 and a few trying for dd4. My opks would always look strong and the same everyday. They are so hard to go through. I ovulated day 56 I think it was in one of my long cycles and did conceive but unfortunately ended in a chemical. Hope af shows for you so you can start a new cycle and be out of limbo. It’s so hard not knowing how long it’s going to last. My longest was 117 days and it was torture. In the end I tried taking Angus castus/vitex after googling what could help me and I was pregnant with my daughter after a month and a half of taking it. I took it because I was just not ovulating at all with dd3 (I was temping the whole time) and had nothing to lose. Took 18 months to fall with her because I just wasn’t ovulating. All my doctors would suggest was going on the pill for 6 months to see if it would reset my cycle but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. If it’s something that keeps happening to you maybe you could try talking to your gp and see if there’s anything they can do for you. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I can really sympathise with you and it sucks so bad. Massive hugs sweetheart

Hi ladies! I'll most likely be testing with you. Unplanned, but here we go! I got a feeling I was pregnant last night and now I'm super bloated (this would be my 5th and I'm short, so I bloat up pretty quick). I just "feel" pregnant, both physically and mentally. Not sure when I'm going to test yet, but most likely around the 1st of April.

Good luck

Started my progesterone tonight! :dust:

C'mon sticky rainbow baby!! Praying for you so hard!

Best of luck to you for this cycle. Hope it’s the one

So on the way home today my kids were talking, and I don't remember what prompted it, but my 7 year old tells his big sister "don't worry, when you get a sister, mommy will make sure it's the best baby ever!" It was the cutest thing!

I have to wonder if he senses something, or it was just general kid chatter. The kids know I'd like to have another, but they of course don't know we are actively trying to make that happen haha.

I just thought it was the cutest thing though. I hope one day soon we get that little sister!:twingirls: Please let this cycle be the one! [-o&lt; it would be the best Christmas present ever! :xmas3:

Thank you for making the April thread. I’m cd1 today but can ovulate anywhere between cd16-cd25. Will give a testing date when ovulation is confirmed.
Sorry af got you. Fingers crossed for this cycle. Good luck

Hope this thread brings you your rainbow. It’s gotta be tough finding out your sisters pregnant. Such mixed emotions. I found out at my 12 week scan baby had passed away. My brothers baby was just a week old and it was so hard meeting him. He’s adorable and I’m so grateful for him but holding him whilst losing my own was heartbreaking. Hopefully you’ll be pregnant with your precious baby very soon and can enjoy your pregnancies together. Best of luck sweetheart

sorry af’s been a b***h, hoping you don’t have to wait too long for ovulation. Good luck

How lovely to get a bfp on your anniversary. Hope it happens for you. Fingers crossed

wishing you so much luck. I hope the iui brings you a healthy, sticky bfp

sounds like your having a horrid anovulatory cycle hun. I had awful long cycles trying for dd3 and a few trying for dd4. My opks would always look strong and the same everyday. They are so hard to go through. I ovulated day 56 I think it was in one of my long cycles and did conceive but unfortunately ended in a chemical. Hope af shows for you so you can start a new cycle and be out of limbo. It’s so hard not knowing how long it’s going to last. My longest was 117 days and it was torture. In the end I tried taking Angus castus/vitex after googling what could help me and I was pregnant with my daughter after a month and a half of taking it. I took it because I was just not ovulating at all with dd3 (I was temping the whole time) and had nothing to lose. Took 18 months to fall with her because I just wasn’t ovulating. All my doctors would suggest was going on the pill for 6 months to see if it would reset my cycle but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. If it’s something that keeps happening to you maybe you could try talking to your gp and see if there’s anything they can do for you. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I can really sympathise with you and it sucks so bad. Massive hugs sweetheart

Good luck

Best of luck to you for this cycle. Hope it’s the one

Thank you lovely. Unfortunately my sister ended up having a very early loss, so I am sad for her. I have 2 sisters and we are all ttc, I would be so wonderful for us to all fall together. We are very close and I moved state to be with them so it would be really special. I am the oldest girl in my family and have 2 boys but they have no children, but they are wonderful aunts and will be great mums.
I am so hopeful that you and I can conceive our rainbow babies soon, and make it to term. Getting pregnant again is just the first part of this battle and if I do fall I know I will be so anxious throughout.
I have found a little comfort thinking of Tallulah being with my dad who passed away from brain cancer before my boys were born. He has now finally got to meet one of his grandchildren who I am sure he holds in his arms.

Fingers crossed we gets lots of beautiful BFPs this month. Some will be Xmas babies and others will brighten the new year <3

As of last night my cycle was barely spotting. This morning is the same. I can't remember the last time I had a period so light. I hope that doesn't hurt our chances this month :( cycle day 4 for me and I almost always have my period for 6 days. I'd be surprised if it's not gone by tomorrow.

Started charting this month on CD1 and so far I'm annoyed. I keep waking up at random hours of the night. So I my temperature the first time I wake. The first few days that was around 4 am, today it was around 1 am.. I know it's supposed to be roughly the same time each day but that's hard for me. Not sure why my sleep is so whack.

Thank you lovely. Unfortunately my sister ended up having a very early loss, so I am sad for her. I have 2 sisters and we are all ttc, I would be so wonderful for us to all fall together. We are very close and I moved state to be with them so it would be really special. I am the oldest girl in my family and have 2 boys but they have no children, but they are wonderful aunts and will be great mums.
I am so hopeful that you and I can conceive our rainbow babies soon, and make it to term. Getting pregnant again is just the first part of this battle and if I do fall I know I will be so anxious throughout.
I have found a little comfort thinking of Tallulah being with my dad who passed away from brain cancer before my boys were born. He has now finally got to meet one of his grandchildren who I am sure he holds in his arms.

Fingers crossed we gets lots of beautiful BFPs this month. Some will be Xmas babies and others will brighten the new year <3

Oh no, oh hun I’m so sorry for you and your sister. Oh it’s just devastating to lose a baby. How amazing it would be for you all to be able to share your pregnancy’s together and have your babies be so close in age. How sad your dad never got to meet his grandchildren, but I’m sure he’s watching over you all every day. I pray you’re right hun and your next pregnancy goes perfectly with a healthy full term baby. I wish the same for all us ladies and myself. As you say just trying to get pregnant at the moment seems a battle. I’ll also be terrified if/when I fall again. I won’t even be able to rely on the horrendous morning sickness as reassurance as I had it right up until I passed our precious baby. Just pray we never have to go through another loss again

Last edited:
As of last night my cycle was barely spotting. This morning is the same. I can't remember the last time I had a period so light. I hope that doesn't hurt our chances this month :( cycle day 4 for me and I almost always have my period for 6 days. I'd be surprised if it's not gone by tomorrow.

Started charting this month on CD1 and so far I'm annoyed. I keep waking up at random hours of the night. So I my temperature the first time I wake. The first few days that was around 4 am, today it was around 1 am.. I know it's supposed to be roughly the same time each day but that's hard for me. Not sure why my sleep is so whack.

sorry your af seems off. I would try not to worry hun. I’m sure it won’t affect your chances to get pregnant.
I tend to be woken through the night by my son but I still just temp at the same time. I have my alarm set for 6:30 every morning. It doesn’t seem to affect my temps too much and I can still clearly see my shift once I ovulate.

Hi ladies
Wishing everyone so much sticky baby dust fur April.
I’m sure I’ll be joining you all here when AF shows.
im still waiting to test at the moment but think it will be BFN again. So expect too see me here very soon.
:dust:

Hi ladies
im still waiting to test at the moment but think it will be BFN again. So expect too see me here very soon.

Sorry you're feeling out! I hope you get that sticky rainbow soon!

Hi put me down for testing April 18th and do NOT met me test before that date lol.

I'm joining this testing group with much trepidation - I really didn't want to try this month or next, as conception this month would put my due date at Christmas day ish and my birthday is the 27th and my eldests birthday is January 8th (she was due December 29th) so it's already a busy enough time.
But I had a 14 week miscarriage in October and that due date will be coming up on April 22. I just can't pass up this last chance of getting pregnant before Jordan's due date.
I have a son who is a quadruple rainbow conceived right around the same day I would have been due with his big brother and it felt like an extra special gift from his heavenly siblings.

Hi put me down for testing April 18th and do NOT met me test before that date lol.

I'm joining this testing group with much trepidation - I really didn't want to try this month or next, as conception this month would put my due date at Christmas day ish and my birthday is the 27th and my eldests birthday is January 8th (she was due December 29th) so it's already a busy enough time.
But I had a 14 week miscarriage in October and that due date will be coming up on April 22. I just can't pass up this last chance of getting pregnant before Jordan's due date.
I have a son who is a quadruple rainbow conceived right around the same day I would have been due with his big brother and it felt like an extra special gift from his heavenly siblings.

I have a January kiddo too, as well as a dad and brother with late December birthdays and would also be due right around Christmas day. I originally wasn't sure I wanted to risk it, but I'd hate to miss out on any possible chance of conceiving. Plus, what's a little more chaos during the holidays? Haha. I hope you get that sticky rainbow for Christmas!

Does anyone here have a Kegg? I thought about getting one, especially as I don't really get much EWCM, but they are so expensive!

Hi ladies

Really hoping you won’t need to be here and you get that bfp instead.

Sorry again af got you hun. Fingers crossed this cycle brings you your rainbow

Does anyone here have a Kegg? I thought about getting one, especially as I don't really get much EWCM, but they are so expensive!

I’ve not heard of those hun. What is it?

Really hoping you won’t need to be here and you get that bfp instead.

Sorry again af got you hun. Fingers crossed this cycle brings you your rainbow

I’ve not heard of those hun. What is it?

It's a medical grade fertility device, the main function is that it analyzes your cervical mucus and pinpoints your fertile days. It says it only takes 2 min per day. It has a 12 month pregnancy guarantee even (assuming you've used it correctly). It's about $260 US though. But if you're interested just Google Kegg fertility tracker and their website should show up.

Hi ladies! I am not actively ttc but I'm lurking and cheering y'all on :) Good luck in April!

@Pink.Rose have you ever looked into ferning? You can just get a cheap pocket microscope and look at your cm or I think even your saliva to see if it has a ferning pattern, which will give you an idea of your fertility as well and sounds loads cheaper! Just a thought :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->