Are prams a fashion accessory in the UK?

Deleted?? Is this because it stated anyone with a cheap stroller was unsafe for there children???

Sorry Andrea but i think its a rather shallow view to have. Some people cant afford to have expensive stollers and a £20 is all they can afford. BUT that doesnt mean it will be unsafe!

fair enough Ema, you are totally entitled to your opinion. BUT you didnt buy a £40 stroller when you were expecting Jacob did you? So you too, didnt want to have a cheap stroller because?

fair enough Ema, you are totally entitled to your opinion. BUT you didnt buy a £40 stroller when you were expecting Jacob did you? So you too, didnt want to have a cheap stroller because?

I never had an expensive pushchair from day one, my travel system was quite cheap as i hunted around and found the best deal. I tested it out in the shop to check it was safe/strong enough etc and it was.

I'd never buy anything for my baby that wasn't safe.

I still find your original post quite shocking to be honest.

keely.

:rofl:

mines cheap and came from freecycle
so it was frrrrreeeeeeeeee!!!

it does until i can get a better one
for lugging up and down the stairs

:thumbup:

seems perfectly safe to me and she likes
it so :shrug:

xx​

Hmmm..... that last post wasnt aimed at you at all, but you aired your opinion again so thats fine.

As for my original post, it wasnt shocking, it was taken out of context and yeah I probably worded it wrong, for which I appologized.

I didnt say you were all bad for puting your babies at risk with unsafe products did i? I said in my opinion they didnt look safe. My Opinion

You can all start a witch hunt if you want, it wont bother me.

I bought it cause i could afford it BUT that doesnt mean that what you said was right that a cheap storller was unsafe. Expensive doesnt mean it wil be safe as i know from me quinny colapsing on me on the way to sainsburys. Im disputing what you said..

Originally Posted by taperjeangirl
Yes! It makes me shudder when I see a baby being pushed around in a cheapo buggy they just don't look safe at all! or a pram that is about 10 years old (vintage silvercross excluded)

I have been so good this time round and it must be because I made a really good choice with ours.
Plus you can make changes to it whenever you want!

See bold! That is an unfair comment. And not everyone could buy an expensive pram and some have to make do with a 'cheapo' one! But they wouldnt be made if there were unsafe!

Yeah i bought expensive ones at 1st im not denying that fact im mearing stating that saying a cheapo buggy is unsafe is wrong!

Ethan had a travel system was £119 for 3 wheeler and carseat then went on to have a 40 pound buggy from mothercare
Lily i paid 180 for second hand pram ...I Live to my means and dont buy things i cant afford while i would of loved a more expensive pram i couldnt afford it but mine are tested to british saftey standard in which i believe they all are cheap or not

yes but that was MY opinion, still no need to call me shallow and like I have said yet again, I worded it wrong and appologized, what else do you want me to do?

Hmmm..... that last post wasnt aimed at you at all, but you aired your opinion again so thats fine.

As for my original post, it wasnt shocking, it was taken out of context and yeah I probably worded it wrong, for which I appologized.

I didnt say you were all bad for puting your babies at risk with unsafe products did i? I said in my opinion they didnt look safe. My Opinion

You can all start a witch hunt if you want, it wont bother me.

Yes thats your opinion and ive stated mine. Yeah you didnt directly say anything but you implied it..:shrug: dont think there's a difference there!

I just think its wrong to state that 'cheapo' buggy's were unsafe in anyway. As not all can afford anything more....and i dont feel its right for them to be made to feel bad because its be branded as unsafe.

Sorry andrea i just dont agree one bit with what you posted. And yeah its your opinion but this is mine. So im allowed it as much as your allowed yours. Im not trying to get you to change your views. I just dont want other reading this to feel bad because people are saying cheapo buggys are unsafe?!?!

to be fair some really old shabby looking
things do look unsafe i sometimes see people
pushing buggys that are selotaped (sp) but
if you're happy to put your child into it than
fair do's :shrug:

some cheapy buggies are brilliant especially
if you live on a top floor like me :thumbup:
or have a tiny boot ... or skint!

each to their own ... i'd love a silvercross
gorgeous type thing but i just dont have
the room nor the strength to get it up and
down stairs lol

you just need a buggy to suit you really

xx​

Also I would like to state that my original message was meant to say CHEAP, not CHEAPO typo error.

You are right, I wont change my views. And I am sure if you had let this lie nobody else would have read it and been hurt.

You can slate me all you want now, I am unsubcribing to this thread so I wont be back to debate you calling me Shallow again.
THAT was bellow the belt if you ask me, and probably hurt more than my comment, thanks for that.

ONCE AGAIN.... I appologize for upsetting anyone.

to be fair some really old shabby looking
things do look unsafe i sometimes see people
pushing buggys that are selotaped

This is what I meant in the first place and it was badly taken out of context and I worded it all wrong​

we bought a mothercare pushchair, carseat and base for £130 inclusive. which is pretty cheap. but as we was didn't have the money at the time for anything else we got it and we have had no problems with it and have now passed onto a friend. we now have bought a maclarens stroller cause i like the small raincover and that we could fit in our boot and can fold up and carry easier with a toddler in tow! if i had a lot of spare cash i could spend a fortune as there are so many different looking prams/pushchairs.

Also I would like to state that my original message was meant to say CHEAP, not CHEAPO typo error.

You are right, I wont change my views. And I am sure if you had let this lie nobody else would have read it and been hurt.

You can slate me all you want now, I am unsubcribing to this thread so I wont be back to debate you calling me Shallow again.
THAT was bellow the belt if you ask me, and probably hurt more than my comment, thanks for that.

ONCE AGAIN.... I appologize for upsetting anyone.

Andrea turn this around if you want. Im mearing stating facts. I was all entended on posting about pushchairs ive had and how my 'cheapo' one was the best yet....until i came across your post. And im sorry for saying shallow view but in my eye's stating that ' baby's being pushed about in cheapo prams look unsafe' is a shallow view. My opinion! Sorry if you posted something that some people didnt agree to and you wanted it to just lie but it offened me and a few others...so im not going to let it lie. As having a 'cheapo' buggy isnt unsafe in anyway!

I think there is a big difference between "cheap" and "inexpensive".

IMO - Inexpensive is just that, did not cost alot of money.

Cheap - Poor quality, but nothing to do with actual cost.

:shrug: I can see where the confusion is, and I don't think Andrea can do much more than she's already done. She's apologized quite a few times for wording it wrong. :hugs:

But thats the problem she stated a cost £20... thats whats getting me.

I have had 5 prams with Caitlyn. Settled on my Icandy Cherry. But now that she is bigger we use our Silvercross Pop... just seems more of a 'big girl' pram than the cherry. Keeping the Cherry for our next baby though!

Sorry she deleted that before anyone got to see it bar me and keelykat thats what got me a tizz!

I have a Graco Deluxe Travel System and i love it, not cheap either, had a car seat, change bag and raincover that all came with it too.

My mum has bought one from asda too and its really good too.

and OH parent bought her one 2 weeks ago as hes working in sheffield so saves me having to carry buggys off the bus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->