Asda grocery home delivery

natalieee

Isabelle Louise 04/07/11
Reaction score
Just had my shopping delivered! Been trying online shopping the last couple of weeks, have used Tesco the last 2 weeks due to having vouchers but used Asda this time. I dont think i will again =[
The young delivery guy just kinda dumped the HEAVY shopping crates on the floor at the front door and i had to lift them and the shopping out, couldnt he see i am 8 months pregnant =[ The tesco people are much more helpful and ask if they can come and and the man last week wouldnt let me lift anything! Booo!

Home delivery is a godsend just as long as you get a nice person! I do find Tesco more helpful than Asda.

Saying that last week they delivered my shopping with no bags - I had to manually get everything out of the crates and trek them to the kitchen. The guy was outside in the horrid rain so I felt guilty asking him to unpack it for me!

Ahh I think it depends on them! We had asda deliver yesterday and he took it upstairs for me - you should have said you were pregnant and could he help you :) but I do think tescos delivery are better

ive only ever used tesco and most of them are really good. i had been thinking of giving asda a go, dont think i will now!

I don't rate asda at all,everytime I've ordered they are late,they don't lift and normally give me food that's reached expired after a day.I like tescos alot more xx

maybe it was because he was quite young and perhaps didnt want to ask =/ i supose i would have to lift if i went to the store to shop. *sigh*

I dont think the asda delivery guys are allowed inside the house, my friend had the same problem the other day she's 8mths too.

I thought it was just our asda. They are ridiculously late sometimes, even coming the following day on one occassion! Not very helpful, silly substitutions and short dates. Sticking with tesco from now on!

I've used Sainsburys too and they are really helpful, friendly and puctual. I'm planning to try Tesco next, think I will give ASDA a miss

Oh yes - Asda are terrible! I've had wrong orders each time I'd tried them (things missing, or just compltely wrong items!), out of date items, late arrival...you name it! I'm definitely sticking to Tesco or Sainsburys who I find very good - always friendly and helpful!

Think i shall stick to tesco from now on =D get clubcard points too (Y)

I always find sainsburys delivery really friendly and helpful. They also do 1 hour delivery slots instead of the usual 2 hours which is a bonus!

I always use Sainsburys. I have SPD and am on crutched, last week the driver not only bought all my shopping and put on the dinning room table so I didn't have to bend and lift to take it in he also offered to put the frozen food away.

He was only young early 20's so I called to praise him, I ust hope my comments were passed on.

I have used ASDA in the past and find the service and the quality of the fresh product shocking.

I rate Sainsbury's too :) I found Asda OK but Tesco were awful!

tempted to try sainsburys after the good comments and 1 hour slots but its more expensive =p

I think it depends, every asda shop I've had was pretty good when it came to the people, they brought all my stuff upstairs into my flat and into the kitchen for me :happydance:

Unless I have vouchers for tescos I usually use sainsburys as I find them really reliable and helpful. I have tried Asda a couple of times but they have never been on time and service and quality have always been poor.

I've tried online shopping a couple of times, but as I LOVE bargain hunting and you can't buy reduced items online, I gave up!:haha:

Also, its the one time a week when DH has the kids and I have a couple of hours to myself to wander around the supermarket and grab a coffee in peace! Sad I know!:haha:

I've had major problems with both Asda and Tesco and I now refuse to shop with either of them! The issues have been because I'm in a 2nd floor flat and individual drivers moaning about having to bring the shopping upstairs - note, there is nothing in either their websites saying they cannot deliver to flats.

Asda - tried first and had virtually every driver moaning about the stairs. Then one delivery I saw the driver pull up, he got out, came to our door without any shopping, went back downstairs and drove off. When I called them to find out why he hadn't delivered I got a cock and bull story about there being a gang of teenagers around the van on my street and the driver decided it was not safe for him to get out of the van. They effectively called me a liar when I told them that was not what happened and they refused to deliver to my address after dark!

I then went to Tesco and had more moaning from drivers. I complained to them several times asking why I had to put up with their constant gripes. I was never informed they could not bring shopping upstairs. Finally one driver simply refused to bring the shopping up and insisted we had to fetch it from the van. He then drove off without waiting for us to take the delivery trays back down. After complaining, Tesco decided they would have to risk assess the stairs to our property. We never heard anything back from them.

Since then I have used Ocado. They're fab!! The level of service is second to none. On the first delivery we offered to help him to bring the shopping up and he actually looked shocked and said it wouldn't be necessary. Not one Ocado driver has ever moaned about the stairs or mentioned any health and safety issues. Plus they work out the same price as Tesco, but because it's Waitrose stuff, it's better quality!!

they do that at my moms they just dump it all there and stand watching you struggle getting everything out of the crates ass holes lol acado or what ever its called are supposed to be good have you tried them they had some sort of offer on the other week too :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->