Assisted conception success - due 2018 xx

Thank you scooby, as usual I was worrying for nothing , it's an infection and he's got antibiotics, phew!
The midwife doesn't listen to the heartbeat here until 16 weeks :nope::coffee:

It will be a case of lots of blood taken for everything possible and lots of questions and going through notes so not very interesting
Next scan is 12 weeks so that's the next time I will know everything is ok!

Thanks ladies :)

october - good to hear you and baby are doing better!!

star- good luck at your appt today!! woohoo! I hope your DH is ok. I actually found a lump under my armpit a while back and freaked out and saw a dr for it. It turns out it was an ingrown hair!!!!! :haha: I hope your DH's is something silly like that!!

scooby - I hoe your blood work goes well! you're almost at the end of the PIO tunnel!!! But i totally get what you mean. We had our appt 3 days after I stopped my PIO and the baby was doing well, but now that it's been like 10 days, I'm worried my body is still doing what its supposed to be doing.. These worries are endless!!!

Hi how is everyone ?

Midwife appointment was fine , took bloods, bp, loads of questions for my notes , now just to wait for my scan date to come through
Yesterday was a horrible day for symptoms, I had flashing and blurring in my vision followed by a horrible headache, I was at my sisters so she looked after dd and I slept for an hr , it was ok when I woke up , this happened when pregnant with dd but later on and the headache was more of a migraine, I then spent the rest of the day the most tired I have been and when I got home felt so weak and shaky like I was going no to faint , quickly had some cheese and crackers with grapes and felt better after a while , needless to say I was so relieved to be in bed early last night once dd was settled !

Hope you're all feeling better than me , I was up at 5am having breakfast as felt sick and so hungry, hoping the rest of the day will be a bit symptom free and I promise I won't complain!

How Is everyone?

I've had a sad day today, had to have my doggy of 11 years put to sleep , she's had leukaemia for 3 years which has been treated well with chemo , she's continued to be full of life and happy but this morning she collapsed and they suspected a tumour had burst , so so sad and hope I haven't caused myself too much stress today for the baby's sake

star- I'm so, so sorry to hear about your dog :hugs: That's one of the hardest things to go through. My love to you and your family!

Things have been quiet on here. Is everyone doing ok? I'm having some interesting cravings now but luckily all healthy stuff at the moment. Nausea is definitely lessening and boobs are not as sore. Having a little more pain in my legs and lower back now though.

Looking forward to my OBGYN appointment on Friday! I'm not going to mention that I had a scan today unless they ask. :winkwink: I'm addicted to seeing the baby!

star - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog :( sending lots of love!! :hugs: I was reading that momentary sadness/stress is totally fine for the baby so if you need a good cry, don't hold it in!! It's the chronic stress and depression that is not good for your baby.

scooby - yes, get as many scans as you can!! I would do the same except my IVF clinic and OB clinic are operated by the same hospital so there's no fooling them ;)

afm - MS has been back since mid last week which I guess is OK because I know that the bean is growing <3 but I do hope it goes away at some point! PS. I am currently at work with my pants unbuttoned... shh don't tell anyone!

Thank you ladies , feeling a bit better this morning

My nausea comes and goes but I think it's eating better , dd had slept through the night the last few nights which she rarely does so that's been nicer lol

I think I'm getting a little bump now, something is poking through in tips that normally wouldn't Haha, we haven't kept it a secret but don't hunk I would be able to for long anyway! Can't wait for it to be a proper bump

koj- Bummer you can't fool them lol. I'm sorry to hear your MS is back! Haha, are you using the rubber band trick on your pants?

star- I heard getting good sleep makes MS a little better, and also staying hydrated. Also supposedly you show earlier with your second!

I think my bloat is transitioning to bump now. It's harder and I can't suck it in! I'm glad it's summer so I can get away with lots of dresses and flowy clothes. I'm going to need to tell my boss within the next few weeks and it's getting harder to hide ;) Who have you guys told so far?

scooby - yup!! the rubber band trick is awesome :) We've told a lot of our closest friends and family which totals about 15 people I think. I'll let a wider range of friends and family know around 16 weeks I think.

star - aww yay!! I'm jealous. i have a tiny tiny bump but at the end of the day I end up with a huge bloat which I love to show off when I walk my dog in the evening. haha!!

scooby, we've pretty much told most people we know and didn't say to keep it quiet , I don't mind if people know early , where I live it's hard to keep anything quiet anyway haha

I can't wait for a proper hard bump though, definitely showing earlier than dd, with dd I had a proper hard bump by 14 weeks, I'll see if I can find a pic

Little bump

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 10
koj- We've also told close friends and family, around 14-15 people. I think I'll wait until after my NT scan. Next person we'll tell is my stepson when he's with us next weekend. Looking forward to that one!

star- We moved recently so I don't know anyone around here yet. It's kind of nice, because in my home town everyone was all up in everyone else's business lol. Adorable bump pic with DD! I can't wait for that :)

Are you guys going to do the Harmony test? I'm pretty sure my doctor will offer that to me today, since I'm over 35. I'd like to get it done for peace of mind, and also because we'll get to find out the gender early! :haha:

This is how it ended up, can't remember exact amount of weeks but was between 40-42 as she was born at 42 weeks, praying I don't have that wait this time!

What is the harmony test? We have the test for Down's syndrome and not sure if it's anything else but doesn't tell you gender, I'll find that out at 20 week scan, is anyone else finding out?

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 5
star - aw, what a great bump!!!! I hope to have one of those in 6 months!

scooby - can't wait for your NT scan :) have you thought about how you're gonna tell your DSS? We did a test for chromosomal disorders (downs, trisomy 13 and 18, etc..) but I don't know if that was harmony or not. I have a feeling it wasn't and that we'll have to wait until week 20 to know the gender :(

so, even after my NT scan, my worries are still alive and well (ha..) I think it's because of 2 reasons.. 1. the ultrasound tech made me worried when she said, "let me have the Dr take a look at these. He may want to take some more measurements so don't wipe your belly off"... She did come back and said, "Dr says everything looks great. Congrats on a healthy baby" but she did keep measuring the NT (like 20 times) and it did look a little thicker than what you see on the internet... (UGH!! WHY DO I GOOGLE!) I'll get my results back mid next week.

The other reason is I'm in the January 2018 baby group on bnb and one of the girls had a perfectly fine NT scan but then found 2 weeks later that the baby had no heartbeat.. :( it's so heartbreaking and at the same time a very real reminder that I'm still not safe.

sorry for being so negative. I just needed to vent my negative feelings somewhere.. Thanks for listening!!!

Ko, I don't think we'all ever feel safe unfortunately, I just heard of a girl I know at home who had found out the same at her 12 week scan and now I'm scared too, we have to stay positive though, we've come this far and there's more chance of everything being ok than it not , once we feel movement we will feel better

I caved and booked a private scan last night , just had it this morning and I'm so glad I did , baby was measuring a day ahead at 9w6d and wriggling about , so cute

Hope you're all well?

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 0
star- AMAZING scan pic!!! I'm so glad you got to see the baby and can relax a little now. Harmony tests for the 3 most common trisomy defects and they can also tell you the gender of the baby if you want to know. You're automatically eligible for it over 35 here, so I'm going to have it done on Monday. Then I think it's a 2 week wait for the results. Eek!

koj- The worrying never stops, apparently. I think for me it lessened a little after I saw the heartbeat, but then got worse again when I was having progesterone issues. Since I've been back on nightly shots I've actually been a lot calmer. (It helped that I got to see the baby twice last week too!) I don't think I'll ever feel completely out of the woods, but I'll feel better if my NT scan and chromosome tests look ok.

AFM, I've let my guard down enough to start researching baby stuff and thinking about what I'll need. I feel like there's lots of time to gather stuff, but on the other hand I'm already going to be 12 weeks this weekend and that felt like it FLEW by. What are you guys planning for sleeping in the early months?

Thank you scooby, how exciting finding the gender out early! I saw the test advertised where I went for the scan but was like £400 so I won't do that lol, they test for possibility of downs and something else here that I can't remember so I'll get bloods taken for them too at 12 week scan

With dd I used a swinging crib in our room until it wasn't wide enough for her, I then bought a chicco next to me crib which worried me as the sides aren't breathable and she started rolling over at 11 weeks, so I then went to a travel cot from 3-7 months and then she went into the big cot in the nursery
With this one I will use the chicco next to me crib until I think it isn't big enough then go to the travel cot in our room until he or she is ready for the big cot in the nursery

Having a rough day today, headache, tired, weak etc all worth it though!

Tomorrow is my last day of estrogen and progesterone eek! Scary but all was fine with dd so sure will be this time

Star - Those are absolutely beautiful scans.

Scooby- I have started searching items for nursery but I won't dare purchase anything just yet. Im so excited but nervous at the same time. So excited that you'll find out the gender soon. I've been dreaming of a little girl. Good luck with your NT scan.

KOJ- You are so right and no need to be sorry. Venting truly helps. The worry never ends and Dr. Google on makes it worst. lol. I try to stay off Google as much as possible. I had to take a break from other blogs as well. Its so heartbreaking reading some of the things women go through during pregnancy.

Afm, My life is so crazy right now. DH is going through a custody battle with ex wife. I believe this is more stressful than the IVF/FET. However, I meet with my OBGYN for the first time on Friday. Im excited but Im going to definitely miss my RE. Im going to also miss my weekly scans. I stopped PIO and estrogen last week. My butt feels so much better, haha.

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Thank you October , what cute scans!! How many weeks are you now?

Sorry to hear about he stress with the custody battle, I hope you're not feeling it too much

With dd I got the pram at 14 weeks! Just couldn't resist, I won't do hat too early this time as probably going to need a double and not sure how much dd will be in it so will be a double that can go back to a single

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->