Assisted conception success - due 2018 xx

Thank you. I am 11 weeks tomorrow.

I'm honestly trying to stay out of it. Ex wife is a very high conflict person and the stress of her alone will drive anyone nuts.

I've been tempted to purchase that's for sure. I said at 20 weeks I should be safe to start buying. I would like to have a private 3D/4D scan for gender at 15 weeks. That may convince me to buy as well

star- yeah, that's way too expensive! Is a travel cot like a pack and play? That's what I'm leaning towards for in our room. They have one with a bassinet attachment for the first few months, and then I'd probably transition to a crib. Sorry you're having a tough symptom day. Mine seemed to peak at 9-10 weeks. So nice you get to stop the drugs though!

October- I won't get anything yet either. I'm not sure when I'll feel comfortable buying but 20 weeks sounds about right. Congrats for getting off PIO! That will be a happy, happy day for me. Your scan pics are amazing! Is that bottom one a 3D scan? I wish I had one of those! As for the custody battle, I can TOTALLY relate. We went through that 2 years ago and it was the worst. My DH's ex is also very combative and unstable. Fun! How old is your stepchild/ren?

AFM, last appointment with the RE was great! They gave me another scan and it was a really good one. Baby is measuring 3 days ahead, which is super unexpected. Women in my family tend to have small babies, so I think that'll change later on. Moobley was moving around like crazy. It almost looked like he or she was jumping up and down lol. RE wants to get me off progesterone ASAP. Um, yes please!

She told me I have an anterior placenta. Boo! I had a feeling that would happen...

I think it is a like a pack and play, ours has a higher level bassinet too and when she went in her cot we used it downstairs as a play pen

Boo for anterior placenta, I had that with dd , great news for the scan though!

star - AWW great pics!!! I had scans at 7w and the 12w so i love seeing the in between scans from you and scooby!! I didn't realize they were so human like already at 10w!! adorable!! Good luck with the next step of going off meds! I agree its terrifying but I'm sure all will be fine!!

Scooby - I've also started letting my guard down a bit recently as well.. mainly because daycare near Boston is so competitive that we have to put our names down right away. (some places have a 1.5yr wait list... WHAT!) so I've started to entertain the idea of doing a bit of research on daycare.

October - wow! you already got a 3D scan!! How cute!!! Sorry to hear about the custody battle :(

How long maternity leave do you guys get?? I think mine will be 12 weeks paid and then another 4 weeks partial pay through insurance.

Thank you ko, and bats partly why I wanted a scan at this point cos it's just so cute haha

For maternity leave we can take a year, I get 6 weeks at 90% pay (which is about £450 4 weekly) then £100 a week after that up until 39 weeks , the rest is unpaid.
With dd it was more but I worked 24 hrs a week then but now only do 12, I'll start it soon as I can as I probably won't get back anyway

star- Yup, that sounds exactly like a pack and play. The one I like has that bassinet insert on one side and a changing table on the other side. the changing table is portable so that'll be great too. When did you first feel DD move? I've heard it can be really late with an anterior placenta. Wow, I'm super jealous of your maternity leave!

koj- I'm so glad to hear you're settling into your pregnancy a bit more. Wow, a 1.5 daycare year wait is insane! I've heard there are places in NYC like that too. Glad I'm up in the burbs ;) I haven't discussed maternity leave with my boss yet, but in NY starting next year we'll have 8 weeks guaranteed at I think 50% pay? But I'm guessing he'll give me 2-4 weeks paid, plus I have lots of vacation time banked. I'm hoping I get 6 weeks at full pay when all is said and done, and then I'll take another 2 weeks or so at half pay. 8 weeks is really the minimum I'd want to take.

I'm so relieved to be nearing the end of the first trimester, but I'm starting to get nervous about the NT scan and possible chromosome issues. My instinct is telling me everything is okay, but I'm 39 which is ancient in this arena. So I definitely don't feel like I'm out of the woods just yet!

That's it with the changing table too
I didn't feel dd until 21 weeks, it was the middle of the night and I felt one single kick, I swear I will never forget that feeling , I didn't really feel any flutters so knew exactly what it was when I got that one kick, amazing feeling, hopefully you won't have to wait long
Looking forward to finding out where my Placenta is this time!

The maternity leave is good here, the only reason I will probably leave soon as is because I won't have the childcare to go back to work, I don't want to be paying for nursery just to go to work, at the moment my sister and I babysit once a week for each other but I wouldn't ask her to have 2 with her dd too
I will probably work as and when I can but wouldn't have set hours

Hi ladies, I'm a bit late to the party but i got my beta today :D 390!! Woop woop!! Second beta on Tuesday

:happydance:Hopeful- congratulations!!! Good luck with your next beta. Waiting to hear the doubled number

Scooby- I've seen those pack and plays and they look awesome. It's like an all in one deal. I've seen some where the little bassinet part can be removed and it sits like a bouncer. My DH purchased a bassinet today. He's so excited and I think it keeps his mind off the custody case. I support him but super nervous about purchasing things. Good luck with your NT scan! I have everything crossed for you and Moobley. Everything will be fine!

Star- I bet that feeling is so amazing. I have a tilted uterus and I had my son at 29 weeks and I never felt him kick :cry: so I'm excited to see if this pregnancy will bring flutters and kicks.

Afm, first prenatal visit went awesome. I think I'm going to enjoy the staff and doctors. I had transabdominal scan this time. Baby is measuring 5 days ahead. That made me nervous but was reassured everything was fine. I'm 11 weeks and 2 days and baby is measuring 12 weeks. Anyone else experience or heard of this. Especially with IVF

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2
Congratulations hopeful, how many weeks are you now?

October, lovely scan pics, I don't know about measuring ahead but doesn't sound like it's anything to worry about, I hope you get to feel movement this time around, you're nearly in second tri too!

star- That's exactly what I heard with an anterior placenta, around 20-22 weeks you're supposed to feel something. How cool to feel that one kick! That must have been so amazing. That's great that you have flexible hours. DH works at my company now, so we're thinking of doing something like one person works 6-2 and the other works 10-6. That way we only need child care from 10-2. I don't know if it'll work out but we'll see!

hopeful- Welcome and congrats! :flower: That's an excellent first beta. Good luck tomorrow!

october- Great scan pics! Aw, that's so cute your DH is excited. I know what you mean about buying things but worst case scenario, it could be returned. That won't happen though!!! I'm so glad your scan went well. I'm actually measuring 3 days ahead and they told me that's fine too. I think better bigger than smaller, right? My RE told me that this early it's common to be off by as much as 2 weeks! So try not to worry. :hugs:

My appointment is at 2pm, I'll update after. Super nervous about this one.

hi everyone!!

hopeful - congrats!!! keep us posted on your next beta!

october - lovely scans!!! <3 you must be over the moon! I've never heard of people measuring that far ahead, but it's a good thing right? yay for skipping 4 days!

scooby - good luck at your NT scan!! Keep us posted!!

star - how are you doing? When is your NT scan?? must be coming up soon!!

afm, I have a midwife appt on Wedesday! a bit nervous as always... I feel like I should be growing a bit by now (14w3d) but no weight gain and no noticeable bump. Just constant constipation and breaking out everywhere!!!

Scooby, that sounds like a good plan for childcare, I always find it an effort now taking Madeleine to nursery or my sisters and then to work son can't see me doing it with 2 haha, think I'm just finding it an effort now with the tiredness too really

Yay for scan today, sure all will be great!

Ko, mine isn't until 2 weeks today when I'll be 12w4d feels like such a long wait! I'm sure your bump will suddenly pop out soon, you will just wake up and it will be there lol, very exciting

2nd beta today was 1644! Im 4wk5d and they've given me a EDD of 22 March :D
Ive booked my 6wk ultrasound for 1st August :D

How did the scan go Scooby?

Beautiful pics October!

koj- I'm sure your appointment tomorrow will be fine, but I totally understand the nerves beforehand! As for having a bump, I know so many people who barely showed until they were 4/5 months along. (My sister carried SUPER small.) One thing is certain- it will come eventually ;)

star- I know some places don't like part-timers or charge a way higher rate, so hopefully we'll find somewhere that can work with us. We're also hoping my boss will let us both work from home on Fridays so we can limit daycare costs even more.

hopeful- Awesome beta! I'm so glad everything looks good. Good luck at your scan! Hope the 2 weeks passes quickly :)

October- I just wanted to tell you the ultrasound tech I had yesterday said the measurements are so variable at this stage because the baby curling over a little bit versus stretching out can cause a 7 day difference in the dating. It gets more accurate when they get bigger.

AFM, scan went very well. NT measurement was 1.3 which is very low and they saw the nasal bone. Baby was being very uncooperative because it just wanted to lounge facedown lol. We did the Natera test (like Harmony) so we'll get to know if we're having a boy or girl in just 2 weeks! Also anxiously hoping that we're low risk for chromosomal issues.

star - thanks!! It's funny that when I started trying, every TWW seemed like forever. Little did I know, the whole 40 weeks is filled with numerous TWWs!!! I'm sure your 2 weeks will fly by!!

hopeful - congrats!!!! great numbers!!

scooby - thanks!! exactly 24hrs to go now! I will keep you posted!!

KOJ- Goodluck with your appointment tomorrow. Being nervous is seems to be the norm for me now. But I'm sure everything will be just fine.

Star- two weeks it's just around the corner. I know you're anxious to check on your baby.

Scooby- so happy to hear your appointment went great. So exciting you get to find out the sex of the baby early. Thank you for the update. I was told today that it was normal as well.

Afm, another appointment today! I'm so burned out on appointments now. I'm seeing a high risk doctor next Tuesday. Since I delivered my son early 7 years ago and I'm hypertensive. It's just a precautionary measure, better safe than sorry. After this next appointment I won't have another one for 4 weeks. I'll be holding my breath then

Scooby, that's good the results don't take long and finding out the gender so soon must be so exciting! Who else is finding out the gender?

October, how early was your son if you don't mind me asking? My dd was 2 weeks late and ended up being induced, I hope that doesn't happen again, put a stop to my pool birth because of all the monitoring!

October- I hear you, I was also getting super burned out on appointments! Mostly it was blood tests for me but it still meant waking up early and spending lots of time in waiting rooms. Now that I'm almost off PIO and graduated from my clinic, it's way more manageable. But I literally didn't go more than 2-3 days without being at a doctor for over 4 months! :wacko: The only thing that got me through was telling myself I was doing it for the safety of the baby.

How's everyone doing today? Any new symptoms, weird cravings, etc? I haven't had too many cravings, but when I do get one I can't stop thinking about it until I eat it. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->