Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

tbh Mrs G I would suggest buying something less expensive as you are generally sick of them after about 6 months and switch to a lighter stroller.

I've bought a britax vigour 3+ which I got in a sale for £150. Its a pram that converts to a buggy. I need to gt a car seat to go on it but tbh I might not bother. It won't be often that I'll be transferring a sleeping baby from car to buggy so think I'll make do with the car seat I have and a baby carrier.

Welcome Rachelle and congrats on your bfp!! :happydance: you are right, it will be a sticky one :thumbup: Look forward to hearing more of your story as I dont recall seeing your name before.

MrsG- we bought a Bugaboo stroller, the frog (basically last years model as this year's is Chameleon) but we got it for $300 cheaper than the Chameleon. I love it for the Bassinet, I didnt realize you werent suppose to leave your baby in a car seat over an hour or 2- we also bought the bassinet adapter so we can use that in the house too which is great.
We were looking at getting a Peg Perego car seat to attach onto it, but I am not sure we need a fancy one like that which attaches to the stroller based on DM's comments. Its like $320.

DM do you think it would work to just take the baby out of the car seat and put him/her in the bassinet instead of buying the special car seat?

good to see you Mercy, how could you forget about us???!! :winkwink:

yeah I already have H's car seat so think I'm just going to make do. Bubs will be fine in the pram.

:wave: Mrs G & Britt, thanks for the welcome!

I've been in the LTTTC forum since 2008 waiting on our NHS IVF. they cancelled the cycle in April 2010 halfway through so we went to The Lister. This was our second cycle there with a fresh transfer, got some excellent AA blasts on board & 2 more in the freezer :thumbup:

Currently relishing the dizziness & nausea... Makes me believe this is all real :winkwink:

Rachelle - when you say you've got 'some' on board, how many ya got in there!!!!! lol This is a very fertile thread with lots of twinnies so I hope your prepared!

I'm a bit lazy and bored today but had a full day yesterday so that may be why, might go shopping again in a bit and then perhaps to pictures. Really can't be arsed though!

yes I agree, there a bunch of twins on this thread- with your strong symptoms so far Rachelle I am wondering if you have twins?? :winkwink:

I am hosting a baby shower today, should be fun, I kind of went overboard on supplies and food, oh well- as long as she enjoys her day

:hugs:

omg Britt, only one more sleep for you!!!

sooo excited..... whats your hunch?

thanks hon, I am SOOOOOO excited. Its tomorrow morning too!!
My hunch is actually boy :) At first it was boy, then after my 12 week u/s it was girl because of the feedback I got on my scan and now its boy again

Okay I know I am being paranoid, but on Friday I literally felt the baby like 20 times it was so cool and yesterday I dont think I felt it once....hoping I feel it today. I know the scan is tomorrow, just hope baby is perfect

Tiger's the same. Wed it was fidget fidget fidget all day then nothing on Thurs and Fri. Then yesterday fidget fidget fidget again!

Best of luck for your scan tomorrow Britt! How exciting g & must be wonderful to feel it move, more reassuring than competing :haha:

Yep I guess we could be in for twins as it was 2 top quality blasts put back... Pretty exciting stuff!! I wonder if the IVF has somehow amplified my symptoms a bit, I'm just exhausted & permanent queasy & it seems very early?? I'm nor grumbling though, not yet :blush:

good luck with your scan tomorrow britt!! how exciting!! the time seems to have flown since i realised you were pregnant!

:happydance: we got another recruit :) welcome Rachelle - I remember you from the LTTTC boards! H&H 8 months gal (or less with twinnies!)

Britt - will be thinking of you tomorrow - one more sleep! sounds like you got a wriggler in there! can't wait to hear your update :)

mrs-g - still low on energy hun? it will get better, i promise you - CBA is good though, chillaxin is the way forward x x

mercy :hugs: good to hear from you hun - i lurk in the second tri too quite alot!

DM - sounds like you got a wriggler too!! I can't wait to feel mine properly - i still think what i have felt is wind....

not much to report today - walked again, yoga'd again, ate well again, and now winding down for a hopeful good night's snooze - 3 sleeps til my scan! re buggy / pram, we're holding on a wee bit longer cos i think we're inheriting one. Am hoping it's a 3 wheeler cos we go out quite alot with the dog and i've heard they're really good for all terrains.

anyone watching one born every minute tomorrow night? am making my self watch them, hopefully there's not many more left!!!!

much love ladies x x x

Hi Rachelle! Are you doing a beta soon? Be interesting to see where your numbers are.

Mercy - Good to see you're ok! Don' t disappear for too long or we get worried.

MrsF - what do you think your scan will show - b or g? Or did I miss something? My brain is so slow these days.

MrsG - what kind of doggie do you have? I have 2 chunky dachshunds (as you can see from my profile pic).

I can't wait for everyone's scan results this week! I can't believe you guys are already looking at strollers and stuff. I haven't made it into a maternity clothes store yet. I think I've got a month left before I will have to buy something. I'm off for a nap. It's the Superbowl and for some reason my husband did not want to go to his friend's party without me so he bought all of this stuff to eat and so I'm going to have to be a little more awake soon.

No beta for me. Can if I want but have to pay & also have to pay for the scan as it is. I'm happy with denial for the moment but think if my symptoms dropped I might consider it... Ignorance is bliss in my case :haha:

Megg, you really are an inspiration. Good to hear that you can get started again fairly soon. Will they offer you any testing beforehand like immunity or anything like that?

MrsG - Funnily enough I have been craving going swimming lately - whenever I watch Total Wipeout oddly enough :p Might have to drag DH along one weekend as I am def not getting enough exercise.

maxxi - your results sound really great so far! I can imagine you being nervous about the amnio, when are you booked in for?

DM - It's always baffled me that they are going to send me home with a baby with no instruction manual and no remote control to turn it off!! And now I'll be going home with a pair! Will be relying heavily on family I think til I find my feet. Not long now til you find out what team you're on this time!

mrsF - the snowdrops and the budding camelias had me smiling this morning too! I'm sure when I'm rolling around like a beached whale and sweating oceans that I'll be praying for the cold again though! I will def be watching one born! It's addictive viewing for me at the moment - kinda like a scary movie that you just can't turn away from!!

Welcome Rachelle and congrats on your BFP! Would you like twins? There are def a fair few around here at the mo!

hey Mercy! booo on being put back to an orange but then better to have an accurate date I guess. Weirdly I always think oranges are bigger than avocados!

mrsG - I've been looking at buggys but just doing research because of having the two now! I think something that you can fold easily and iis light to push around and will fit in the boot would be my priorities but it depends how you are going to use it I guess. I dont think there's any harm in buying 2nd hand if its in fair condition - a brand new one would soon get marked anyway.

Britt - hope the baby shower went well! Cant wait to hear news of your scan tomorrow, will be really interesting to see if your hunch is right! And of course your baby will be perfect

Sorry for mammoth post - you guys have been chatty!! As for me, still feeling like a bit of a fraud as other than the tiredness I just don't feel pregnant at all! Really can't wait for my 12 week scan, hoping it won't be too late.

MM - make sure you ask - our families were utter crap. They were requesting I make them tea when Iwas doubled over with pain from my section scar and had a 6 day old newborn that didn't sleep! My MIL came over once and cleaned. My auntie brought round a couple of meals. But mostly they just rocked up, drank tea, cuddled baby and fucked off again! I have booked one parent a week this time to come and help with housework and entertain the big brother!

morning ladies,

have been reading trough some of your posts, but think it might take me weeks to get through them all lol

i'm feeling a bit nauseous today and i am absolutely over the moon!! :happydance: strange i know, but i just want to feel pregnant, i know i'm only just over 5 weeks, but i'm still a bit in shock i think! Have my 1st scan next week, i'm just hoping little bean has a heartbeat

blimey ladies you lot can talk - I've not been on for a few days as was so ill last week - mainly headachey and few puking episodes - think it was a virus of somesort..... went to the midwife today just to ask if she can listen to heartbeats or anything yet as having a bit of a silly worry after being ill...... she said it was too early but recommended we go for a scan to check - we've only just had our 12wk one last monday! Now just waiting for a phone call but think we're off for a scan again tomorrow......:happydance:

m and n - fab results back for you :happydance:

rachelle - welcome :hugs:

:hugs: to all

oh and the NHS does actually give you an instruction manual, sadly it's very generic and not individually tailored to your baby so you end up with a lot of guesswork :rofl:

Not loving the time difference - want to hear from Britt!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->