Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

I wish it was the weekend!!!!! Boo hoo, another 4 shitty days at work first!

I'm going to see my parents this weekend, yeah, not seen them since Christmas and my belly has got much fatter so I can show it off!

I'm having a lazy morning, been watching Portland babies but gotta get ready as I'm at midwives at 10!!!! Best get a wriggle on!

Ooh i used to love Portland Babies and Home Births... still remember this lady in Brighton who basically 'cocked her leg' and let out a sigh and the baby came out.... i was like 'really????'.

Bet your parents will be happy to see you Mrs G - i'm currently avoiding my father in case my hormones get the better of me and i shout at him (he is Victor Meldrew) or i tell him our news.... i just have to keep quiet for 10 more days! :haha:

Britt, I'm so excited for you! Awww, a teeny girl. :happydance::happydance:
I really like the name Stella, even if it reminds me of Marlon Brando's performance in Streetcar. Stella = star, a sparkly twinkly pink star.
I've been wanting a boy, but DH hung out with a friend of his, who has a baby girl, and came home talking about how great it would be to have a little girl. Really surprised me.

rachelle & sunshine, sorry to hear you're nauseous -- but I know what you mean, it's kinda reassuring to have symptoms.

MrsF, eager to hear about your scan results. So close!

maxxi, I haven't even thought about buying stuff yet. Although I must confess that I picked up a super-cute little sleeper at Goodwill last week -- it was only $2! I couldn't resist. Keep me away from BabiesRus!

MarsMaiden! I can't believe you've got twins in there! That's really exciting.

Well, I know I haven't caught up with everyone yet -- sorry for leaving people out! I'm so happy about all the good news on the thread. But sad about meg's news, too.

Had a scan last Friday -- the baby looks kinda freaky, actually. The head looks like Iron Maiden's mascot, Eddie (which is a creepy skeleton thing). Why doesn't it look cute & chubby like other people's scans? yeesh.

cool names britt - never heard Piper - i like it!

:happydance: one more sleep and we'll see what i've got bakin!!! my appt is in the afternoon (i got it wrong earlier!) so should be able to report back fairly soon after.

Just a quick visit today - :hugs: to y'all, but not too tight for the icky-birds ;)

much love x x x

Good luck for the baking scan Mrs F... Any guesses?!?x

Good luck tomorrow mrs f!!!! Bet you can't wait!

I heard my baby's heart beat for the first time today, Ahhhh I really have a baby in there!!!! Might buy a Doppler so oh can hear cos he couldn't come this morning, midwife also told me to sort my boss out and not let him have me working too long hours! Says it won't hurt now but may affect me later in pregnancy so to behave myself, apart from that all seemed well, don't see anyone now till 11th march then midwife 5 weeks later, they don't monitor you much do they!

It's impossible not to be impatient, I thought it would wear off but I dont think it will, midwife says I'll of had enough by 31 weeks and start counting down- oops, think I already am but not to birth, just the bigger bump and movement stages, and finding out if I'm pink or blue!

I feel sorry for you newbies, it's hard enough for me waiting to catch up with Britt and mrs f, you must be thinking you're miles away, it does sort of go quick;-)

good luck mrs f, how exciting!!

everything seems ages away you're right mrs-g, i can't wait for my scan next week, just really hoping everything goes well. Fab news on hearing baby's hb for the 1st time!

Mrs G how come you had to wait so long to hear the heartbeat?!

It's funny but I spent the last few years wishing the time away & it'll be October before I know it! Definitely take it easier at work, I'm on restricted duties, no shifts, no interaction with the public & 8 hour working day!! :yipee: you've gotta love my over protective occupational health system!!

Thanks Britt, I'm feeling really good - definitely not pregnant lol! Just hoping everything is OK and waiting for stuff to happen really!

DM - so no remote?? not even a volume control?? dammit! :p Great to hear you're getting lots of wriggles, I cant imagine how that must feel.

rachelle - hope the nausea stays bearable for you! I'm glad i'm not the only one living the rock and roll lifestyle and sleeping all the time! your overprotective occupational health sounds fab! I don't think I can hold out much longer telling my work - especially after clambering over a six foot hedge the other day and being chased by cows! (thankfully those days are few and far between!)

mercy - your description of your bubs made me giggle a lot! I remember seeing my sister in laws scan and thinking it looked a lot like the terminator cos all the skeleton was so clear!

mrsF - can't wait to hear your news tomorrow!!! How exciting!

mrsG - yay for hearing the heartbeat! I have heard a lot about dopplers, do you know anyone else that has used one? I don't know what you mean about the waiting, I mean time is literally flying by, it feels like only yesterday I got that BFP - I WISH!!!! Gah, could time move any slower at all????? It's lovely though in a way that all you ladies are ahead of me cos I get to see the excitement that I have to come.

no changes for me but I did figure out how to add an avatar so allow me to present Sid and Sidetta as they were at 7+5!! *points up there*

your work sounds great rachelle, i did my 1st night in 6 weeks last night, wasn't as bad as i'd expected, v tired now though!

mars i love your piccy of the twins, its fab, i've never seen a twin scan before, when is your next one? What on earth do you do for a living??!!!

MM, that twin scan is so cool! Yeah, I know, it seems like I've been pregnant FOREVER . . . and there's so much more to go. I'm trying not to wish any of it away, since this is likely to be my only (complete) pregnancy.

Hey again!

Britt - I like Stella and Piper. I live in Brooklyn and can't wait till we move but still like the name. I'm not familiar with the name Carys so it's not grabbed me.

MrsF- Can't wait to hear your news tomorrow! I say boy.

MrsG - why did I think you had a dog? My brain is fried.

Mars - I felt a little better after getting my results but it's not my in my nature to be relaxed sadly. I can't wait for the 23rd either.

Hi to everyone else. I'm so tired from last night at work that I'm signing off early. I'll check in tomorrow.

rachelle - hope the nausea stays bearable for you! I'm glad i'm not the only one living the rock and roll lifestyle and sleeping all the time! your overprotective occupational health sounds fab! I don't think I can hold out much longer telling my work - especially after clambering over a six foot hedge the other day and being chased by cows! (thankfully those days are few and far between!)

Good lord MM - what do you do? I used to chase baddies over hedges but those days are long gone now... i'm a desk bound suit wearing detective... it's far safer that way :haha:

I was such a girl last night, the nausea stopped for about 2 hours so i had some dinner and then i ended up in tears because i felt terrible and sorry for myself... told DH i felt like a complete troll... bless him.. he put My Big Gypsey Wedding on for me to fall asleep too :thumbup: I'm blaming the alien for turning me into such a girl anyway!!:winkwink:

Hope everyone is okay - i'm going team pink for Mrs F! x

rach which force are you? I work for surrey police :D

In the call centre though, no chasing baddies here - just comforting their victims and taking their bail details :rofl:

Baby Tiger just had hiccups - soooooo cute!!! mercyme youre right not to want to wish it away. After I had Harry I really mourned my private tummy baby. I think cos I had a general, I couldn't associate Harry with the baby in my tummy but I really genuinely grieved to feel my bump. So strange. I was delighted with my baby but didn't connect the two if that makes ANY sense at all. So this time I am enjoying every minute. I was even relishing the moments of maying on my bathroom floor, groaning, in my own sick.... and sometimes pee.... All part of the experience!

mrssunshine - I am a surveyor for a water company so I was looking at the route of a new sewer. It's a fun job most of the time but I flippin hate cows!! When is your first scan hon?

mercy - thanks. Yeah, it is a real catch 22 wanting time to pass and trying to enjoy it. I think I will enjoy it more though once I am into second tri and some of the miscarriage worry eases off (and yes I know that there will be a load of whole other worries by then!)

Rachelle - the alien? LOL I love that! Really does seem like your body isnt your own anymore sometimes though. Your job sounds really interesting!

Gosh DM , it sounds like you have had such a rough pregnancy, I am amazed that you can laugh at it all. You have a fab outlook though, hope I am that chirpy when I get to that stage!

10 weeks for me today which marks the day I have to start weaning myself off the hormones. Down to just one prog and estrogen a day now instead of two of each and then next week I have to cut down to one every other day. Kinda scary but I know I wont miss shoving things up my nether regions!

I also ordered a doppler for rent! *embarrassed* I have heard so many good stories about them and just really need that reassurance right now. Of course I know that I'm also probably way too early and will cause myself more stress than anything else. Can't believe I've turned into that paranoid pregnant woman! Why do I always end up listening to the stupid half of my brain instead of the common sense rational part??!

Now I know what u do, it all makes sense lol

My scan is next tuesday, completely wishing the days away now! Still getting few cramps and not very much in the way of symptoms, just have to wait and see!

When's your next scan mars?

hey mrss - the wait for that first scan was excruciating for me so I know how you feel, I was so convinced they were going to tell me I'd imagined the whole thing! I don't have a date for my next scan yet, have my booking in appt with the midwife next Tuesday and then she will send off the paperwork to request it. Think this means my scan may not be till later, maybe even in the 13th week but am going to try and get it earlier if I can (planning lots of wailing if necessary!)

Hey it's all worth it! None of us had an easy ride getting here so you just got to love the bad and the good!

MM i got a doppler as some of the other girls were hearing HB's from 9 or 10 weeks! I didn't hear Tiger til 15 weeks as s/he kept hiding in my bloody pelvis everytime I put the doppler on.

Mars - cows are cute! I guess not when they're interfering with your work.

I don't feel connected with my bump. It feels like fat to me. My last scan was at 12 weeks and I felt like they both look like aliens. My next scan is next Thursday which is 15 weeks so we'll see how things look then. I'm always nervous for the worst. I keep worrying that something has happened to one of the twins. I'm nuts. I'd buy a doppler but I know that's trouble. I'm also stressed about the possibility of getting bed rested. I'm hoping to avoid that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->