• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Hi Maxxi, I hope the bleeding stays away too, gosh first tri is nerve wracking!!

Mrs F I have my 12 week scan next week on the 20th. I am nervous but also very excited, hope everything is great.
I am not buying a doppler because I could see myself becoming very obsessed with it...lol

hugs,

If I could buy a doppler right this second I would but I don't think it makes any sense. And I'm totally with you Britt - I'd become obsessed as well. And congrats on getting out of first tri next week too! What a relief that will be (or am I just projecting?)

Oh my god, how stressful is my job!!!!! Grrrrrr

I hope stress doesn't do any damage at this point, or the next 6 months, started at 9 finished at 7.30, ended up with an hour late for my pessary, then couldn't have dinner till after my 30min lay down, haven't stopped all day, I don't know how I'll cope when my symptoms step up a gear!

Mrs f and Britt - are you leaving us soon? :-(

Oh my god, how stressful is my job!!!!! Grrrrrr

I hope stress doesn't do any damage at this point, or the next 6 months, started at 9 finished at 7.30, ended up with an hour late for my pessary, then couldn't have dinner till after my 30min lay down, haven't stopped all day, I don't know how I'll cope when my symptoms step up a gear!

oh you poor thing, that is awful. Actually I have a pretty stressful job too with lots of air travel- I find when I over do it, my body let me know, and I end up needing major catch up the next day (usually tons of sleepand taking it easy). Can you have more relaxful days?
:hugs:
Mrs f and Britt - are you leaving us soon? :-(

no, I'm not leaving any time soon. I think we should all stay on this thread as it is and maybe when the last person is heading to second tri it can be moved over? :shrug: otherwise we can just post this thread in maybe the group section, either or I am subscribed to it and not leaving

and yes Maxxi I will be very relieved to move past first tri, actually once I have my scan on December 20th, I will be able to sigh a breath of relief

I do hear your m/c stats drop drastically after a heart beat is seen on the first scan

I hope no one leaves the thread! I'm too neurotic to be on my own

So I woke up with slight brown spotting again. Not as bad as last week but this is killing me. I'm waiting to call the doctor now. I can't imagine this means anything good. I was so excited that it went away and here it is again. Killing me I tell you.

Nobody at the office is too concerned unless there's a big change. I know I should feel better about that but I'm still freaked out! Go away!

:hugs: maxxi x x x i know it is so easy for me to say (cos i was a wreck when i had spotting) but if your office is ok, i would trust in their judgement sweetheart, the constant worry you must feeling must be terrible x x x think twins, think irritable cervix, think brown is good. much much love sweetpea

i wont be leaving the thread ladies, i like having somewhere to go and offload / support / share things that's consistent. When we're ready, we'll defo do a second tri thread.

i am relieved hun to be at 2nd tri, i have been so worried, but i've tried to put it out of my head as i'm such a worrier at the best of times. My worry has been that bubb's has grown without limbs, or may have genetic problems, or might not be healthy - i really dont know whether to have the tests tomorrow or not. I wouldn't have an amnio, but the nuchal scan, the bloods, etc -a bit worried bout that.

mrs-g - :hugs: sorry you're having a stressy time at work. Dont worry about taking pessaries an hour late, you will be fine x x x

went into work today, only to burst into tears and come straight back home again, this virus is knocking the stuffing out of me! came home and collapsed on sofa and was out for the count for 4 hours. have already taken tomorrow off. I just hope beany is ok in there. thank god for pregnancy vits, i'm currently living on skips crisps and water!

much love ladies, speak soon x x x

MrsF - thanks. How much did you spot and for how long? How come you're not doing an amnio? Or CVS I guess because you're a little early for an amnio. At least do the bloods and the nuchal scan goes without saying. You'll feel better I bet. I think with me they're going to recommend all those things anyway. But I've got other things to obsess over for now.

heya maxxi,

i had brown gunk (and pink, and at one point i swear it was orange!) over a period of 10 days i think it was. I had a uti and thrush on top of that and it worried the crap out of me x x x

my friend was told after one of the tests that she was high risk of down;s, so she had the amnio which caused her so much worry regarding the m/c risk. the test came back fine, but she worried for ages about it. If there was a chance this bean has down's, i wouldn't end the pregnancy, so having an amnio wouldn't change much. Mind you, i guess it's easy for me to say I wouldn;t have an amnio now! Who knows what goes through your mind til you're there.

but - all being well, i shall be in here tomorrow evening with one perfectly healthy bubbs on board!!! x x x

Hi Ladies,
yes the NT scan is nerve wracking, I have mine on Monday. I have already gotten my blood work done for it. I just pray that all is okay and it comes back with low odds as I dont want the amnio. If it comes back as high odds we will be getting an amnio. So just praying we dont have to.

hope everyone is well, MrsF you poor thing.
I guess MS completely skipped me....I do have headaches in the morning, fatigue and troubles sleeping but otherwise I feel great

I do have a fetal monitor arriving at my home for work tomorrow....I will likely be naughty and try it out on myself :blush:

Britt - how come you don't want the amnio?

MrsF - good luck tomorrow! If you're not over 35 then the amnio isn't necessary anyway. I'm probably going to do all the testing because I'm 39. But I've got a long ways to go before that and many other problems!

It's freezing here in NY and usually this time of year I'm getting ready to go somewhere warm. We didn't plan anything because we weren't sure of what was going to be happening at this time and unfortunately despite the fact that I travel alot I get super-anxious when I fly. :nope: And now I can't take anything so I'm too nervous to put myself under all that stress. It's going to be a long winter.

Hi Everybody! Can I join? We tried for 3 years and just gout our BFP on Dec 3 with our first attempt with IVF?ICSI :)

Hi ladies,

I am nervously here... I just wondered if any of you used clearblue digital tests where it tells you how many weeks you are?

Thanks. xo

Britt - how come you don't want the amnio?

MrsF - good luck tomorrow! If you're not over 35 then the amnio isn't necessary anyway. I'm probably going to do all the testing because I'm 39. But I've got a long ways to go before that and many other problems!

It's freezing here in NY and usually this time of year I'm getting ready to go somewhere warm. We didn't plan anything because we weren't sure of what was going to be happening at this time and unfortunately despite the fact that I travel alot I get super-anxious when I fly. :nope: And now I can't take anything so I'm too nervous to put myself under all that stress. It's going to be a long winter.
Oh my gosh you live in NY. I went there for my first time in September (month before we conceived) and it is by far one of my favorite cities!! You might be having cold weather now but you sure have beautiful falls, we were already cold in Calgary for the end of Sept and you guys were like 30 degrees, was SO nice. Amazing city :)
I dont want the amnio because of the risk of m/c, I know its only 0.5% but I am hoping my risk assessment comes back great so we dont need it. The doctor said its up to me. We will want to know though if there are any problems.

Hi Everybody! Can I join? We tried for 3 years and just gout our BFP on Dec 3 with our first attempt with IVF?ICSI :)

yes of course you can, I think I have seen your name before- welcome and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:
Hi ladies,

I am nervously here... I just wondered if any of you used clearblue digital tests where it tells you how many weeks you are?

Thanks. xo

Yes Blue I used them and they have got to be the most stressful tests ever. The first one, 1-2 weeks is very accurate and then it goes downhill from there. I did not get 2-3 until fairly late and I was freaking out and the girls told me to now worry, I think the accuracy if you read the package goes down to 65% of their studies for that level. I waited a bit longer to check the 3+ because i knew it wasnt accurate. After I got my 3+ that was the last test I took, way too stressful.
have you been using them?

Blue!!!! How are ya babe? Did you test pos? How many dpt r u?

Hi again Blu and hi mamamirfy! Blu - I had never seen one of those digi tests that tell you how far along you are until I got on this website.

Britt - I'll switch places with you. I've been done with Manhattan since highschool! I actually wanted to go to Banff to ski this season. Calgary's not close to there right?

Hi again Blu and hi mamamirfy! Blu - I had never seen one of those digi tests that tell you how far along you are until I got on this website.

Britt - I'll switch places with you. I've been done with Manhattan since highschool! I actually wanted to go to Banff to ski this season. Calgary's not close to there right?

actually Banff is very close to Calgary, an hour drive. Okay we do have that, I can honestly say I never get tired of the mountains and I was born and raised here. Oh you should come up, will you go to Sunshine or Lake Louise? both are awesome ski resorts. Bring warm ski gear though, it will make NY look like the tropics :)
Its beautiful in Banff in the summer, great hikes and amazing scenary. Here is a picture in Banff when we did a hike on my stagette- natural Hoodoos.

okay AND you live right in Manhattan...sorry very jealous but I guess you are used to it but it has to be the most exciting city :thumbup:

Attachments

• beautiful Hoodoos[1].jpg
    beautiful Hoodoos[1].jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1
It's so nice to see so many familiar names here! We've really been through it, haven't we?!

I thought it might be time to join this thread -- I've been putting it off b/c I've felt superstitious!! But the first scan last Monday (6+5) showed a heartbeat & good growth, and I'm going in for the second scan on Friday (8+2).

Does anyone know about rate of miscarriage after the heartbeat? I heard that it goes way down, but maybe that's b/c most people don't hear the heartbeat until 10+ weeks -- unlike us IVF patients, who are carefully monitored throughout early pregnancy. I'm feeling pretty hopeful at this point, but I just don't want to be blindsided, the way I was last time (m/c at 6+5 / 7 weeks -- probably a blighted ovum, stopped growing at 5 wks).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->