• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Hello blue and mamamirfy!

How's everyone doing?

I think I might be getting some symptoms now :-( or :) whichever way you look at it! I feel constantly sick, bloated and tired. My work trousers are getting too small and I'm getting podgy round my middle! And worst of all, despite all this I am still always hungry!!!!! Although can't eat as much.

It's so nice to see so many familiar names here! We've really been through it, haven't we?!

I thought it might be time to join this thread -- I've been putting it off b/c I've felt superstitious!! But the first scan last Monday (6+5) showed a heartbeat & good growth, and I'm going in for the second scan on Friday (8+2).

Does anyone know about rate of miscarriage after the heartbeat? I heard that it goes way down, but maybe that's b/c most people don't hear the heartbeat until 10+ weeks -- unlike us IVF patients, who are carefully monitored throughout early pregnancy. I'm feeling pretty hopeful at this point, but I just don't want to be blindsided, the way I was last time (m/c at 6+5 / 7 weeks -- probably a blighted ovum, stopped growing at 5 wks).

Hi Mercyme, I read on a couple of sites (so not completely scientific of course) that it goes down to 3-4% after you hear the HB, one site said 5%. either way very low

:hugs:

Britt - I actually live in Brooklyn Heights, right across the Brooklyn Bridge. I refused to live in the city! I probably sound crazy. Banff sounds awesome and I'm thinking we were thinking of going to Lake Louise.

Hi Mercy! I here all different things about mc - I've heard as high as a drop to 35% and then I've heard as low as 1%. I think that you're good to go though. The concern which you have no control over is an mc due to a chromosomal abnormality but those don't usually make it to the point of seeing a heartbeat. After that it's all about you being careful which I'm sure you are. This is torture isn't it? I still dread going to the bathroom for fear of seeing the brown bleeding return. I'm more superstitious than you. My avatar still says TTC.

MrsG - I'm tired, hungry and cranky all the time. But that could be so many things.

Hi again ladies,

I just got back my first beta result 16dpo (13dp3dt) at 240. What were your levels like?

Thanks xo

oh cool Maxxi, thats an awesome area. We took a boat ride the last day before I left and went under the Brookyln Bridge- I took about a billion pictures, I looked like the biggest tourist freak :blush:

Blue- I never had betas done, our clinic didnt believe in them. The FS said to me that they cant tell much on betas and that instead they always do an early scan closer to 7 weeks.
when is your first scan?

Hi again ladies,

I just got back my first beta result 16dpo (13dp3dt) at 240. What were your levels like?

Thanks xo

Congrats! Mine was 510. I read an article out of UCLA (or maybe USC) that addressed the issue of how to counsel ivf patients based on early beta. The results showed that anything over 100 predicted sustaining a fetal hearbeat throughout the first tri. Anything under was not necessarily bad news but cause for a little less optimism. It was a small study and I'm sure there's plenty out there to refute the findings but I look at the article everytime I get nervous. But Britt is right, the proof is in the scan ultimately. I think your numbers are good!

welcome Blue and Mamamirfy - so good to have you on board! You too mercy :hugs:

well, 12 week scan yesterday - all good :happydance: bubb's is measuring in at 6 cms so they've moved me forward by 2 days. Declined the NT scan and bloods, but accepted the anomaly testing at 20 weeks. And, get this ladies, (mind you, more impressive for UK ladies / NHS peeps), the hosp wants to monitor me more regularly due to it being an ivf pregnanyc - whoop whoop - more scans :) will upload piccy when i can :)

sorry it's a flying visit - i will catch up properly soon,

much love ladies x x x x

oh cool Maxxi, thats an awesome area. We took a boat ride the last day before I left and went under the Brookyln Bridge- I took about a billion pictures, I looked like the biggest tourist freak :blush:

Blue- I never had betas done, our clinic didnt believe in them. The FS said to me that they cant tell much on betas and that instead they always do an early scan closer to 7 weeks.
when is your first scan?

How funny! I've seen that boat. Before I started my ivf cycle in November I used to run across the Brooklyn Bridge over to the Manhattan Bridge back into Brooklyn. I used to see that boat all the time. I've ruined many a tourist's photo too on the bridge when I would go running.

Congrats Mrs F! You've graduated! What do they look for with the anomaly testing?

MrsF, I can't believe how far along you are -- that's awesome!

Thanks, maxxi & Britt, for the encouraging stats. We all know how far stats can go -- but it's nice to see slimmer chances for negative results (rather than the slim chances for IVF working!).

Blue, my beta for 11dp5dt was 666. (I love telling people that -- it's such a hilariously terrible number. Satan!) 72 hours later, it was over 2000. My IVF nurse thought I might be carrying twins, but that turned out not to be the case. (kinda relieved). The first time around -- the one that ended in miscarriage -- started at 50 14dpiui, went to 100 three days later, then 200 a couple more days later. So, the numbers this time seem much more hopeful to me!

Hey everyone!!!

Blue - my levels at 9dp5dt were 308 and at 12dp5dt they were 1393. I have my first scan on Wednesday at 6 weeks 5 days. Can't wait to see a heartbeat or two :)

Does anyone know howe many scans we get (ivfers) in the first trimester? I have mine scheduled for 6wk5days but wondering when the next one will be. I can hardly wait!!

could this be the beginning of a new dawn?! Been WIDE awake since 3am, managed to eat some cornflakes and milk (huge milestone!) and, dare i say it, not feeling too bad at all :happydance: (well, that's just tempted fate!)

mama - not sure about what your provision will be in Canada hun, but i'm sure someone will be able to help x x

maxxi - my understanding is the anomaly scan checks for any problems with skeleton, internal organs, development, pretty much everything i think. If needed, the midwife can then set up the right care ready for birth should any probs be detected. x x i love new york btw! My DH took me there for my 30th as a surprise and proposed at the top of the empire state building. I'd go back in a heartbeat! x

break up from work today for 2 weeks - thank goodness, i need a break so much - am hoping to finish off decorating the christmas tree and getting organised - and sleeping as and when i need to! i really can't believe that i'm nearly 13 weeks - how crazy is it when you think of how far we've all come! i will be hitting the maternity clothes next week too, am kinda wearing out the only pair of trousers that fit comfortably!

muchos love ladies and beans, catch you all later x x x

Wow....away for a few days and its a hive of activity on here!!!!

Hellooo Blue, Mamamirfy and Mercyme ( we are exactly the same day!!!)

Great news about your scan Mrs F... how is the nausea any better...hope the cornflakes stayed down!?

Blue my BhCG was 2627 16 days post 3d transfer.... didn't check again... was worried it might be twins, but just the one on the scan unless the other one is hiding!!

Maxxi...hope your spotting has improved... remind me when is your next scan?

Mamamirfy....the clinic usually just do one early scan and then its onto the NHS for the usual 12 week scan

Mercyme good luck with scan today.

Hellooo to Britt and Mrs G too...hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend planned... I will be mostly dry reaching and nauseous ...LOVELY!!!

I got my midwife appt through for the 10th Jan and the 12 w scan for the 17th Jan....Exciting stuff!xxxx Big hugs to you all

Wow....away for a few days and its a hive of activity on here!!!!

Hellooo Blue, Mamamirfy and Mercyme ( we are exactly the same day!!!)

Great news about your scan Mrs F... how is the nausea any better...hope the cornflakes stayed down!?

Blue my BhCG was 2627 16 days post 3d transfer.... didn't check again... was worried it might be twins, but just the one on the scan unless the other one is hiding!!

Maxxi...hope your spotting has improved... remind me when is your next scan?

Mamamirfy....the clinic usually just do one early scan and then its onto the NHS for the usual 12 week scan

Mercyme good luck with scan today.

Hellooo to Britt and Mrs G too...hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend planned... I will be mostly dry reaching and nauseous ...LOVELY!!!

I got my midwife appt through for the 10th Jan and the 12 w scan for the 17th Jan....Exciting stuff!xxxx Big hugs to you all

The spotting is gone. I had those 3 awful mornings last week and then very light barely the spotting this past Tuesday and nothing since then. I'm still nervous though. My scan is next week. At least I'll see what the deal is.

could this be the beginning of a new dawn?! Been WIDE awake since 3am, managed to eat some cornflakes and milk (huge milestone!) and, dare i say it, not feeling too bad at all :happydance: (well, that's just tempted fate!)

mama - not sure about what your provision will be in Canada hun, but i'm sure someone will be able to help x x

maxxi - my understanding is the anomaly scan checks for any problems with skeleton, internal organs, development, pretty much everything i think. If needed, the midwife can then set up the right care ready for birth should any probs be detected. x x i love new york btw! My DH took me there for my 30th as a surprise and proposed at the top of the empire state building. I'd go back in a heartbeat! x

break up from work today for 2 weeks - thank goodness, i need a break so much - am hoping to finish off decorating the christmas tree and getting organised - and sleeping as and when i need to! i really can't believe that i'm nearly 13 weeks - how crazy is it when you think of how far we've all come! i will be hitting the maternity clothes next week too, am kinda wearing out the only pair of trousers that fit comfortably!

muchos love ladies and beans, catch you all later x x x

I don't know where you are but any time you want to switch let me know! I'm really tired of the city. I was in there last night, driving through packed streets and trying to avoid getting hit by an aggressive cab driver. So over it!

Hey everyone!!!

Blue - my levels at 9dp5dt were 308 and at 12dp5dt they were 1393. I have my first scan on Wednesday at 6 weeks 5 days. Can't wait to see a heartbeat or two :)

Sure sounds like it could be twins :flower:

i spoke to soon Dilly :nope: cornflakes stayed down, but i was hanging by 5.30am, so went back to bed, then couldnt get up and have felt like pants all day.....i swear i have read somewhere that the placenta should be doing it's job by now.....i just know i'm gonna be that unlucky on with nausea for the whole pregnancy :growlmad:

maxxi - i'm in the east midlands in the uk - would swap anyday! and so pleased your spotting has gone x x x

x x x x

Hi everyone!

MrsF, hope that nausea goes away really soon!

maxxi, I'm sure the spotting is nothing, but I know how nerve-wracking it is. My heart skipped when I saw some tan-brown discharge last night. The doctor & nurses keep reassuring me that it's very, very common to spot and even bleed, with no ill effects

I got my 8+2 scan today -- and it looks great. The size is exactly what it should be for this day (17 mm) & the heartbeat is 174. I can't believe how much it has grown in just 11 days -- went from 7 mm to 17! I'm officially "graduated" from my fertility clinic. I'm going to miss them after seeing them all the time for the last few months; they've been so good to me.

Now, the risk of miscarriage is down to 5%. 12 weeks is still the magic number, apparently, but I'm actually not so worried & will be telling people as I feel like it. (hope I don't regret that! still a bit superstitious!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->