Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Whats happening - everyones disappeared!!!! Is it that lovely sunshine thats keeping you all off your computers!! Hope all okay with everyone.

My little monster was wiggling away like mad yesterday, today she's a little quieter but still there!

Well OH booked holiday so we're off in a couple of weeks, I hope the weather picks up again, last week was just perfect weather. Got a nice big boat thats modern and all on one surface so no trip hazards in the cabins, just hope I can cope with getting around on deck and on and off. eeekkk excited but scared at same time!

Any UK ladies started considering antenatal classes - spoke to midwife today and she says they don't run the 6-8 week course anymore but she is doing a one off session on labour and birth techniques which shes booked in for Easter Sunday. Its all a bit bizzare, research has told me that you do 6 to 8 sessions from about 32 weeks, I get 1 x 2 hour session at 26 weeks, we'll have forgotten everything by the time baby comes!

I really cannot believe that they will have enough to teach you to justify an 8 week course! That in itself is random!! I had 3 x 1 hour classes - one of which wasn't a class, it was a hospital tour. 2 hours sounds sufficient to me. Most of it was "birthing for thick people" and them covering their arses anyway. There wasn't a lot of any real value. Maybe look at your local NCT, see what classes they are running?

DragonMummy, love the 3d picture! Makes me want to get one.
maxxi, hope you don't have to go on bedrest. eek.
Enjoy your vacation, mrs-g! a cottage sounds lovely.
Britt, my guy is a wiggle worm, too -- my stomach looks like a sci-fi movie.

Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like we're in a bit of a lull . . .

haha! So does mine! Harry just insisted on getting in my bath (I get NO peace!) and lay with his head on my tummy quite contentedly while his baby sister booted him in the head. What's not to love about that? :cloud9:

ahh thats too cute DM :hugs:
sounds like we have lots of wiggle worms here with our babies. I think mine might have spent 2 hours in the middle of the night going head down again (I hope) I find out on Thursday if she did do that.
I cant believe how far everyone is
DM- we will be 29 weeks soon!! almost the big 30! I am getting comments of how huge I am. I have a bump pic, but need DH to convert to a JPEG as BNB wont accept it

oh my GF planned in detail a natural birth at home in a small pool with midwives and she ended up having to go the hospital and had a C-section. lol talk about the opposite birth plan of what she wanted

oh and DM we better be something different than an eggplant tomorrow!!:growlmad:

woooohooo hubby felt one of the monsters kick on monday night :)

now i've someone kicking my lady bits! yeurgh! wierd!

*hugs* to all x

What do your OHs think of your tummy?

I've done quite a lot of growing --well, baby has-- so my "bump" is more like a round melon. I'm not big all over, but the stomach has visibly rounded out.

He looks at my belly with mingled fascination and horror. It kind of annoys me.

I'm huge so eveyone looks at me with some sort of horror in their eyes! My husband hasn't seen my bare stomach except for at the 20 week scan. But when he sees me walking around in a tank top his eyes grow huge. Someone at work (the same guy that called me Buddha incidentally) just asked if I'm carrying 2 turkeys. What's wrong with people? His girlfriend is pregnant and due in Oct. I feel sorry for her.

hey ladies! sorry havent posted for a while, my stupid work have now managed to display the site so that i can read but not post!

I'm 19 weeks today, 7 sleeps til my scan! Soooo excited and sooooo nervous! Had to send my doppler back last week and am really missing it but am feeling lots of movement now which is reassuring, no idea whether I'm feeling one or both though, hopefully the scan will show both doing well! Lovely to see everyone progressing so well, we'll be having birth stories before you know it!!

ahbon - so lovely that hubby got to feel baby(s) kick! i keep getting dh to put his hand on my belly feeling convinced that he'll feel something but he hasnt yet!

maxxi - he sounds horrible! I have no idea why people think its OK to comment on a womans weight or size just because she is pregnant.

DM - glad to hear Harry is feeling a bit better, poor little thing! Whereabouts in Cornwall are you staying for your hols? I'm a cornish gal, tis the best place in the world! Your idea of chilling out in a cottage sounds wonderful!

MrsG - now you have made the decision for the holiday I hope you look forward to it, some time chilling out sounds perfect! I'd love for me and DH to take one last holida before llife changes forever but just don't think we can afford it now. Im a bit shocked too by the minimal ante natal classes, i'm just hoping that the experience of family and friends will get me through!

mercy - my dh has actually been lovely so far, he seems to love me being pregnant! In fairness I've got a lot more growing to do yet and he said himself tonight when taking my weekly bump pic that he forgets i'm pregnant sometimes!

My bump is slowly expanding now although seems to be more upward than outward! Am having to wear trousers with a hairband to keep me going! Just wondering what you ladies recommend for workwear trousers in terms of style? I have a maternity pair that I tried wearing yesterday but they were a ridiculous style with a nice elastic waistband attached to a solid ring of stitched fabric that cut into me all day whenever i sat down! A lot of trousers seem to be of the elasticated pocket area style? Are they any good? Would I be better looking for something that goes over the bump? I really dont want to spend a lot on maternity wear so just want a pair of trousers that will see me through

Also having a dilemma about pushchairs! Have seen a really good offer on a tandem buggy but really not sure about having one twin stuck underneath the other. But am worried if I get a side by side I'll regret it if its too wide to get around the shops! Am going round in circles and its driving me bonkers!

marsmaiden- re buggies - we didn't like the tandem for that reason - the one underneath doesn't seem to see much. Most shops should have doors that will fit handicapped chairs now so buggies should fit too - not saying down all the aisles but bigger shops yeah.

sorry you lot are getting sh*t for your stomachs! Tell them to get real you are making a baby or two in there! Mine is definately showing as a bump now, hubby and I love it! I had my dinner resting on it tonight hahaha

have a good nite all xxx

Ah you're all back. That's great, but now I can't keep up!

I am looking forward to my holiday! Yeah!

You girls that are 29 weeks that's amazing, the weeks are flying by aren't they.

My bump isn't huge but a nice shape. I didn't want to spend much on clothes but think I'll have to shop before my holiday. I bought most of my stuff from new look on line or dotty p's. The jeans I bought are pull up and it's hard work getting them over my fat
bum! 2 pairs of trousers I bought from new look are normal but with elasticated sides, much easier for all those toilet trips. I also had to invest in some tops last week as my belly is now poking out of the bottom despite me wearing a size too big, again new look was good, pack of 3 for £15 or 2 for £15, they are very thin but do the job!

MM - we're going to Porthleven. I LOVE Cornwall. It's my favourite place in the whole world. not been to Porthleven before though. But I would love to move to Cornwall.

Hello ladies, nice to see the chatter.
yeah for our twin mommies Mars and AHbon, so cute :hugs: I have so much movement in my stomach I cant even imagine that doubled. I saw a pic of identical twins and they were like hugging each other :cloud9: omg was that cute

enjoy your scan Mars:thumbup:
are you finding out the genders?

I have attached a couple recent bump pics, they are 28w3d
:hugs:

Attachments

• black-tank-2RS.jpg
    black-tank-2RS.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 0
  • black-tank-1RS.jpg
    black-tank-1RS.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 3
Just a quickie this morning to say WOW Britt what a fab bump! x

Another wierd night for me, didn't feel hungry last night so ended up having a salad and ended up seeing it again later after a lot of acid reflux when laying down etc :( Girls went mental for a good while after that! Maybe they won't be into salads eh! haha

I'm huge so eveyone looks at me with some sort of horror in their eyes! My husband hasn't seen my bare stomach except for at the 20 week scan. But when he sees me walking around in a tank top his eyes grow huge. Someone at work (the same guy that called me Buddha incidentally) just asked if I'm carrying 2 turkeys. What's wrong with people? His girlfriend is pregnant and due in Oct. I feel sorry for her.

Twins does change the game, I suppose. However, that guy at work is asking for a fat punch in the head. WTH?!?

Britt, you look awesome. I thought the picture was of a model.
marsmaiden -- I broke down & bought a small pile of maternity clothes. I wear them all the time, so much that I'm not too fussed about the money I spent. I like the big stretchy panel pants, although it's getting a bit hot with the extra layer of fabric. I'm going to look into buying some skirts & long shorts for the hot weather. Also, I go to Goodwill -- don't know if you have something similar, it's like a thrift store chain -- for used t-shirts, have bought 2-3 so far, only about $4 a piece.

I'm an eggplant!!! :happydance::happydance:

ahh Mercy you are too sweet. I dont look so modelish with my tank top off though, big ole white tummy with lots of veins :haha:
good scoop on the mat clothes. And YEAH for being an eggplant!! Hope you like that one as its on there for 3 weeks now :wacko: Oh I just realized, 29 weeks today I SHOULD be something other than an eggplant I hope!

Ahbon- sorry about the acid reflux, weird that it came from a salad, yeah maybe the girls will like burgers instead

Maxxi I think a lot of people are just stupid when it comes to pregnant women, its like if you dont have anything intelligent to say, dont feel the need to comment! I have been asked 3 times now (all by women) if I am having twins :dohh: whatever, I am up 25 pounds but I know my baby is growing and is healthy

have a fab day ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->