Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

sorry DM just saw your post after I posted this, thanks for your words. I know I remember you had a really great experience. We are going back next week with a different tech to give them 5 minutes only to get a facial shot, with NO pushing or probing, if LO doesnt like it again we are done. They offered us another free 1 hour session and I declined but said we can have a quick looksy when we pick up the DVD, seeing as it was $210!

how are you feeling DM? are you still on reduced hours at work? when are you going to work until?

well ladies, big Spring snow storm here today, so not going anywhere on the weekend- thumbs down!!

Oh dear Britt, I can't decide whether or not I want a 4D scan, you've kinda put me off.

I've updated my ticker a bit cos I wanted a picture of baby.

Mrs F you're so lucky to be going away, I just daren't fly, gonna go when baby is a few months old, just to canaries though as long as midwife says all ok.

Isi - I was like that with my first scan, sooooo scared, thought there was no way my BFP was correct and thought I'd be told to stop wasting their time!!! The things we fret about.

Zee Zee - getting close - are you scared or excited?

I've just started fretting about baby kicks now, just dipped into 2nd tri and there is a thread on it. I don't think my baby kicks 10 times an hour. I have kicks when I wake up, then a few times through the day, especially when I'm sat at my desk and then more after dinner, I'm not very good at monitoring her - are we supposed to?

Ooooo I just ordered my nursery furniture!!!! Yipeee

Isi, I felt a little weepy when I saw your news!! I've seen you over in LTTC -- and its so wonderful to have you here. Wishing you a very healthy 9 months! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I've been sooooo busy. So busy. Hoping that things calm down starting next week. Semester winding down, conference travel finished . . . ahhhh.

@Britt - yep reduced hours til I finish now. My last shift is 24th May but I have some leave from the 6th so only about 18 shifts left. WOO! Am at work now, in til midnight (is 2126 now here) and my first caller stuck in a complaint about me. Not bothered though - I was right, I just didn't tell her what she wanted to hear. Boo.

Mrs G can we have a link please ? :D

Hi everyone! I've had such a busy weekend.

Britt - I'm glad you're not upset anymore. If the probe could hurt her then my poor guys are probably in pain and scared throughout the night since I find myself kind of on my stomach in the morning. Both of mine were facing towards my spine too at my 20 week scan.

MrsG - I've never been to Hawaii but I do know it's pricey so I'm sure that you'll get a deal that may not look like a deal at all! I can't believe you have to travel 24 hours. I was going crazy when I flew to India. Post some nice pics!

Ahbon - I don't know how I'm going to handle 2 either. I haven't been able to go away since November and was thinking that maybe we'd go away in the fall but I really don't know how that's going to work out!

Hi to everyone else! Have a good Sunday!

hi all!

Mothers day in the UK today so I got spoiled rotten! I received FOUR cards - one made by H at nursery, a shop bought one from H, one from DH and one from Sophie Bump! I also got flowers, some bath smellies, some sweeties that Harry made at nursery and a lie in followed by a cooked breakfast in bed!

Went to SIL for lunch which was lovely. H got to play with his cousins which was gorgeous as they play so nicely. I think he's got chicken pox though as he has started coming out in blisters and has got a temp - will see how he is in the morning. Sad little man. oh and my pelvis has decided it's not going to play any more so I am now off my tits on codeine.

Here's Harry and his cousins Isabel and Olivia today x

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/IMAG0028.jpg

ahhh DM, what a great photo! such beautiful kids and they all look so happy. Thanks for sharing, gosh I hope my LO gets along well with other kids :winkwink:

Sorry you arent feeling well but sounds like you had a heck of a day! how nice! You deserve to be spoiled, Mother's Day isnt until May here in Canada- just a short while before I have kitten.

Hello all, hope you had a good mothers day! I got a card with our baby scan on, a bib that says I love my mummy and a smelly candle, the bib my dh bought just after we found out we were having a girl!

I'm a bit fed up today, didn't get many wiggled yesterday and baby was quiet all night and this morning I didn't get my morning kicks just as I wake up. Was really scared so listened for heartbeat and it's there, I've had a couple of movements since but nothing like normal so still worried, at midwife tomorrow so I'll speak to her. Spent all afternoon and evening in town yesterday do dh reckons I've tired her out. Hope that's all it is x

MrsG - I'm sure all is ok. I don't think you start doing kick counts till 28 weeks anyway. I'm glad I don't have a doppler though. I'd be so obsessive!

Dragon - happy belated mommy's day! Nice pic. Harry is so cute. Looks like he knows how to play very nicely with girls already.

I am so grumpy today. Nothing happened exactly. Tomorrow is 5 years since my dad died so I'm sure that's not helping. I've been spending the day feeling huge and getting nervous about my ability to handle the twins when they come. I hope I feel better tomorrow

Mrs G - I wouldn't worry too much. Sophie has very distinct "quiet days" then i'll have 4 days on the trot where she's just non stop!!

Max - actually he generally prefers to play with girls. He's quite timid and quiet and the boisterous boys intimidate him. no idea where he gets it from as both me and DH are total gobshites! Although apparently I was very quiet as a child too. Recently he's been coming out of himself a bit more and is "one of the lads" at nursery but he does still love the girls! He's either going to be gay as Christmas or a total womaniser when he's older!

He's curled up beside me fast asleep again. He woke up at 10am, it's now 11.40 and he's napping. Poor little soldier. He had about 20 spots yesterday. Today he's covered. Theyre in his hair, all over his face.... I have just had a huge battle with him trying to get the calamine lotion on him. He really has developed a thing against it and just gets hysterical when I try and put it on, screaming that it's too cold! I admit it would have been the first time I put it on him as he was feverish so would have felt like ice. DH will have to go to the chemist on the way back and see what else they have for spotty Dragons! But for now it's breaking my heart that he looks so unwell and is covered from head to toe in these angry blisters and I can't even put any soothing lotion on him... :cry:

Hi lovely ladies, just thought to update :flower:

I had my scan today.....saw 2 sacs, measuring spot on 6 weeks. Didn't hear the heart beats yet, but my Doctor says its still early. I have another scan in 2 weeks. I pray they're both still there, strong and healthy.

Below is a picture of my beautiful ones :cloud9:

Attachments

• Kay & Emm - smaller.JPG
    Kay & Emm - smaller.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1
Isi well done! Twins OMG!

Maxi, you're gonna be great with twins, don't stress you and your dh will be great!

DM - poor Harry, hope he's not suffering for too long.

Went to midwife earlier, normal midwife wasn't there and stand in wasn't great. I had to ask for my mat b 1 form and she didn't give me any info on parentcraft! Gonna have to chase round now looking up what to do. Oh thought she was great, said it'd be fine to go on broads, think if I'd have asked if it was ok to go abseiling she would have said yes!

Mrs G - I wouldn't worry too much. Sophie has very distinct "quiet days" then i'll have 4 days on the trot where she's just non stop!!

Max - actually he generally prefers to play with girls. He's quite timid and quiet and the boisterous boys intimidate him. no idea where he gets it from as both me and DH are total gobshites! Although apparently I was very quiet as a child too. Recently he's been coming out of himself a bit more and is "one of the lads" at nursery but he does still love the girls! He's either going to be gay as Christmas or a total womaniser when he's older!

He's curled up beside me fast asleep again. He woke up at 10am, it's now 11.40 and he's napping. Poor little soldier. He had about 20 spots yesterday. Today he's covered. Theyre in his hair, all over his face.... I have just had a huge battle with him trying to get the calamine lotion on him. He really has developed a thing against it and just gets hysterical when I try and put it on, screaming that it's too cold! I admit it would have been the first time I put it on him as he was feverish so would have felt like ice. DH will have to go to the chemist on the way back and see what else they have for spotty Dragons! But for now it's breaking my heart that he looks so unwell and is covered from head to toe in these angry blisters and I can't even put any soothing lotion on him... :cry:

DM you crack me up about your comments about Harry lol :rofl: he sounds like a sweet, precious child

Isi- omg congrats on the twinnies!!! :happydance: yeah I think a few people suspected that for you so awesome.

well girls, back from my business trip just now but having a lousy day....also LO is very quiet...am a bit worried, not feeling very good today at all either

:hugs:

Thanks so much ladies :hugs:

I'm still quite nervous, and might not fully relax till my next scan. My doctor doesn't like to confirm twins till 8 weeks (in the event of anyone being absorbed or "vanishing"). I pray with all my heart none of my twinnies "vanishes". But I am so grateful to God for this blessing and I pray He keeps them nice and safe.

Happy 24 weeks, Mercy.....and happy 28 weeks tomorrow DM and Britt, and happy 22 weeks tomorrow Maxxi :hugs:

:hi: Mrs G, Mrs F, and anyone else I missed! Hope the babies are doing great :flower:

Isi - congrats on twins (don't worry we all freak a little when we first find out it's twins!) x

Hope everyone is ok - getting sickness and heartburn back worse than ever at the moment :( but also getting a lot of kicking :) hopefully not long til hubby can feel it too! He comes to bed with me (9pm) for 10mins just to feel my tummy - it's so sweet x

isi - congrats on the twinnies hun!! SO pleased your scan went well!!!! I will add you to the front page before i forget again!!! xx x

Britt - sorry you're feeling rubbish hun, hope today is better for you x x x

My DH forgot to get me anything for mothers day - i kicked his ass :haha: i had told him i expect something to keep me going! He's got a lot to make up for next year i can tell you!!!

2 more sleeps then i'm off! Although very nearly didnt happen - my midwife said on tues that she couldn't give me a note as she's not allowed anymore! SO tried to boom in to the doc's to get my fit-to-fly letter..... and he's fully booked til TUESDAY!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Not good seein as though the flight is on Sat am!!!! Managed to get squeezed in yesterday in the end, and i now have a fit-to-fly letter *big phew* !!!!! can't wait to get some colour on my skin - i look so aple with big black rings under my eyes!

hopefully i'll get chance to log on tomorrow eve before i go to bed - although i gotta pack - and am braivng a bikini wax tomorrow! am normally fine with it all, but i've heard everything is so much more sensitive now! that's gonna be fun!

if i don't, i'll see you crazy cats in just over two weeks, do take care and be kind to yourselves and your cargos ;) much much love ladies x x x x x

isi - i've updated front page hun, but i've not put twinnies until you're ready for me to - just give me a shout after your 8 week scan cherub and i'll add it - with edd too if you have one yet :) x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->