Aug / Sept IVF UPDATED ROLE CALL (9.19.12 - AM)

MoBaby - That sucks your clinic is closed for so long!! I hope you get +OPK soon so you can still make it this year! :)

Sandy - Hope you can get some answers soon and can get started on FET!!

t84 - Good luck with beta!! FX for you!!

AFM - My ET date is set for October 26th! I am so excited! :)

That's only next week!! Exciting!! :)

Mobaby - that is so long to be closed. I really hope you get a positive opk.

T84 - good luck at beta.

Dilia - so close now!

Mo- Sorry about the clinic closing so long, that is pretty crazy!

Dil- Awesome! 10 days!!

t84 - Hoping for GOOD news!

AFM first scan is 10/23!

Morning ladies

Im going to Apologise now for the rant and the long post but needed to get it off my chest!

Well recieved my letter for my next appointment for the clinic after failed treatment :cry: and its 26th November, which is 6 WEEKS AWAY :saywhat: Not sure if its just me but 6 weeks is a long time. Im not expecting to have treatment instantly but was at least expecting an appointment to discuss the treatment and see if anything went wrong or what could have been done etc.

So me being me i got straight onto the phone to the clinic to see why ive got to wait that long for an appointment. I was advised this is the normal lenght of time that they wait before your next appointment as they like you to have a normal AF before attending so they can look to proceeding with the treatment. By that time ill probably of had 2 normal AF's since the treatment failed never mind one. As you can imagine i wasnt too happy. :growlmad:

After a long discussion she advised me that she will see if she can move my appointment sooner, so FX'd ill get another letter to say its been brought forward. :thumbup:

It doesnt stop there :dohh: Obviously when i got the mail this was the first letter i read and got on my high horse and made the phone call after calming down and sorting out that issue i went on the open the rest of the mail. I then recieved another letter from the clinic this time advising me that they were sorry the treatment wasnt successful but they thought i responded well to all the medication and had quality eggs at the retrieval stage so wondered if i would be interested in participating in some research they were carrying out to look into why some diseases are carried from birth etc (havent read all the information yet). This would require me to give them hald of my eggs at the next fresh cycle if i dont fall pregnant prior to this. If i agreed to this in return the research department would full fund a 4th IVF cycle if i did not fall pregnant after the 3 funded by the NHS. :wacko: Wow so much information to take in. Obviously this is a great opportunity as i would then have 4 fresh IVF cycles fully funded :happydance:. We need to sit down and consider everything but they did say they wouldnt take half the eggs unless i had 10 or more eggs at the retrieval.

As you can imagine i went through so many emotions yesterday from just opening the mail!!!!!:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Got lots to think about as FET would be the next move which i have found out is covered under the first IVF cycle so dont move on to IVF # 2 till all frosties are used :happydance: which is good news. But doesnt look like it will be till next year now, as the lab at the clinic closes for 2 weeks over the christmas and new year but clinic is still open for appts just no transfers. So wait and see when the next appt is!!!!! :kiss: Might be able to squeeze it in xx

sandy - sounds like you got a lot of information in one day! Sorry you may have to wait 6 weeks for your next appointment, but happy you could potentially have an additional funded cycle. That's always good news!!

Yeah just a bit of information!!!!!

Be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for your :bfp: xx

I'm soo sorry you have to wait :( hopefully there is a cancelation and you can get in sooner.

I got some good news. I'm copying from the other thread

Hey! So I received my protocol today!! Good news is if I haven't ovulated by today then I get to start provera to make me have af on time!! Yay!! Depending on my progesterone levels depends on when I start estrace. So I'm glad I'm not out of the game just yet!! I was worried b/c my opk still isn't pos and it's cd 20 so that's that!!

Ah thats great news Mobaby, im really happy for you. :hugs: xx

Mobaby- That is great news!

Sandy- Wow, that is a lot to think about! In my heart I really think you will be successful with one of your FETs, but it is so nice to have that insurance policy through participating in the research program.

T84 - Lots of:dust::dust::dust: for your beta tomorrow. Wishing you all the best!

Dilia- Holy canolli...not long now for you sweetie!

Snow- Sharing a :coffee: with you while we wait.

AFM.....sorry I have been MIA from the thread. A lot has been happening in my world. After our failed cycle DH and I decided to wait until January for our FET because our clinic closes in December and I just wasn't mentally prepared to rush into our next cycle. Well we just found out on Friday that DH lost his job and we are losing our health care coverage at the end of October:wacko: My job is also going away at the end of January so until then we will be on my insurance and after will have to pay out of pocket for an individual health plan. Hopefully DH or I find a job before we lose our coverage but I am just feeling really defeated right now.

Omg Lilly! I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this!! Is there anyway you can get in before you lose coverage/jobs??Maybe November?? :hugs:

Sooo I didn't ovulate but I get provera!! Going to pick it up right now and take it do af should be here in 10 days or less and I start the fet meds!!!! Yay! So on track for now!!

The only thing his insurance covered is our medication. I just put in a call to the nurse line at the clinic to see if we order the medications for our January cycle now - if they will keep until January or after.

Yay for Provera! :)

Guess what ladies! I was trying to hold out until my beta tomorrow.... but I couldn't take it any more I just got my first ever bfp.

Congrats!!! :) sooooo exciting!!!!!! Yay!!

t84 - CONGRATS!! That is awesome news!! :)

Lilly - Sorry about DH! That is a good idea to ask about getting meds early! I think most of them keep for awhile so you should be fine with getting early! FX for you!!

MoBaby - Ya for Provera and being on track for FET! :)

Sandy - wow that was a lot of information in one day! Hope they can get you in sooner and nice to know you have an option for an extra funded cycle!

Lily I'm so sorry you are going through all this. Thinking about you. As they say it never rains it pours. :hugs:

I am definetly a true believer that things happen for a reason good or bad its just meant to be. Especially after everything me and dh have been through you have to hold on to these thoughts its what gets you through it and makes you and your relationship stronger. You know where I an if you need to talk. Keep posting tho as it helps to talk. Loads of :hugs: to you and dh xxxxxxx

Lilly - I pray everything works out for you guys before January.. [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"