B vits gals!

Yeah for a boy!!! So happy for you. Good that your feeling movements too:) I feel them every so often but not every day like I would want. I'm scared of Dr. Suess! So wouldn't get that bedding, I have cat in the hat and gringe nightmares! I'm going for jungle theme:)

Good luck at your scan Crissie, let us know the sex:)

My scan is on the 23rd, will find out the sex as a Christmas present.

I went to a maternity store, mammas and poppas and they didn't believe that I was pregnant when I was trying on jeans as my bump is small. They where a bit rude!

I got a Christmas party top frob new look, sone of their stuff is quite nice.

Yay a boy congratulations Lisa! Was he cute? Send us a pic!

I'm definitly feeling jabs! Hooray - finally!

Hey Merry, mamas and papas have such nice stuff! My hubby won't let me shop there though :( - he says they're too expensive. You lucky your bump is still small, I'm feeling paniced cause I'm worried that I a few weeeks I won't be able to put my socks on!

My scan is in 8 hours.... :) ! I can't sleep, so excited.

Lol... well I was disappointed in the scan to be honest! I started a whole thread about it in the 2nd trimester.
To be honest.. the doc didn't seem very confident to me. He has a great track record, but the picture he printed for us was just not convincing to me! :dohh:
I'm getting a private scan on Sunday just to be extra sure the doc got it right ;)

not the best pics to be honest! :(

It's a BOY! Yay!

And I do have an anterior placenta. Boo.

Lisa sorry to hear you weren't happy with your scan, hope your private scan goes better! Let us know if it is in fact a boy.

Oh I'm reasonably sure it IS a boy... the doc has a great track record... just that if I'm going to turn down stacks and stacks of lovely hand-me-down girl clothes... I do NOT want to be surprised by a girl upon delivery! :)
If I could at least see the penis myself on the scan, I'd feel better.. otherwise.. 2 expert opinions will be enough to placate me!

My disappointment in the scan was from several factors... I thought it was a long scan but it took less than 5 minutes! (I got a DVD of the thing and was surprised to see it was so short!) The image quality wasn't great .. etc etc...

Congrats on the boy!!! :)

I swear... EVERYONE is having boys!! There's going to be some serious competition when it comes to the dating age!! ;)

Hi Everyone!

Only three more days to Christmas!

Lisa how did your scan go on Sunday? Definitely a boy? How are you feeling? And have you been feeling more kicking?

Blob has been kicking up a storm in my tummy. They're still soft, and it's so cute, I love it! I can't wait for them to be hard enough for DH to feel them too. I keep telling him to feel but he's not very interested. Not sure why. If it were me I would be dying to feel him... I was :)

Merry good luck for your scan tomorrow, are you excited? Please let us know how it goes and what you're having!

Has anyone else been getting uncomfortable in bed? I actually went and bought a maternity pillow to help me sleep cause I keep waking up through the night with back ache and hip ache :(

Anyway hope you are all doing well, haven’t heard from Ticktock and Tinks in a while

P.S. Thought I'd update you on the growing bump...

https://i56.tinypic.com/2dvmrtt.jpg

Sorry! Forgot to update... without a doubt this is a boy!!! :haha: I feel SO much better about it now and knowing for sure is a huge help!

I'm pretty sure I'm feeling more kicks, but they're just not what I expected them to feel like if that makes sense? More like a rumbly tummy or gas than what I thought a kick would be. I mean its definitely NOT gas, but its still similar.

VERY jealous of your bump, lol!!!

Well I've got a lot to do today and need to get my butt in gear.. just can't stop commenting on some threads that are irritating me :dohh: :haha:

Hey guys!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR, have a great weekend!

:hugs:

back at you!! :) Hope you're all having a good holiday. I'm not on much right now since I'm visiting family

hi all, hope you're all enjoying the hols!
Wow 2 boys!!! congrats, have you gone and brough loads of stuff now lol
we're staying team yellow and have only just started buying a few bits in the sales.

Was wondering if you had developed any allergies or anything? I had awful hives all over my body last week which doc was sure was an allergic reaction but have no idea what too! Also yesterday had alot of milk and cheese and tmi have had upset tummy and woke in the night with awful pains. After I'd convinced myself of the worse scenario ever lol I'm pretty sure it was wind and er poopy cramps so wondering if all the dairy did me in?

Anyway, have felt baby move lots recently, even oh has felt tiny nudges when the little monster cooperates! So I'm sure is all ok but the pains did scare me alot but then everything feels ten times worse in the middle of the night!

How are your pains Lisa, did you get any answers? I sometimes get pains down there, inda shooting or like I've been kicked right in my lady parts ouch

I am feeling movement for sure now, and felt one kick with my hand. BUT DH has yet to feel anything :dohh:

My pains are probably spd-related... but they've gotten LOADS better! I sleep with a pillow between my legs, I keep my knees together whenever possible.
But the biggest help is that I sit on a pillow at work now. I don't know if baby has moved up & forward more or if its just the pillow... but basically I had so much pressure on my pelvis when I was sitting it was basically bruising the bones. (it never hurt when I sat, only when I stood up after).
Now I get a few minor pains when I take sideways steps but nothing like it was before.
I'm sooooo relieved!

Sorry for not posting but have been away at families and stuff.

Congrats on having a boy Crissie:) So exciting:) My scan wasn't great, the baby was in an odd position so the sinographer couldn't see much. We were there hours and they woman was going on about not being able to tell if the heart was ok. Really freaked me out! In the end every thing was ok but we couldn't figure out the sex. So having a green nursery which dh started at the weekend.

I'm feeling a bit better so went swimming today, really tired me out but was fun:) I can feel the baby move a lot, dh has also felt the baby kick. My bump is getting big now:) so got a few maternity clothes in the sale but they aren't the prettiest things:(

Hope you guys had a nice Christmas and New Year:)

we are FAR too quiet in this thread! ;)

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great New Years and Christmas.

Ticktock sorry to hear about the Hives and the upset tummy. Mmm cheese - my down fall...

Merry, I don't know how you could take the suspense of not knowing! Can't that friend of your at work do a quick gender scan?

Anyway we got our planning approval for our extension to our flat and they have started building already so it's a bit stressful at the mo. By next week we won't have a kitchen for a few weeks, and no washing machine etc... Yikes!

My Sister is coming to visit this weekend, yay. I haven’t seen her in 3 years!

Already ordered our cot, mattress, change table and sterilization kit. Wanted to get that sorted before the VAT increase. Plus we got a 10% discount so only cost us all in all £300! I think that's not bad.

Little Blobie has been kicking, but it's a bit strange not very consistent. One day it's loads and the next only one or two kicks, and then I start to worry. :shrug:

And Lisa My DH also can't feel the kicks from the outside, I think it's the anterior placenta. :(

The peeps I know at work aren't really baby sonographers they are cancer guys so could guess at sex but tbh I wouldn't trust their opinions. Great news that building has started! Our nursery is now painted, carpet coming Monday and the cot etc will be ready to build over the next few weeks.

I'm thinking of getting a gliding nursing chair, what do you guys think? Are you getting one? Kiddicare.com have one for £170 which I thought wasn't too bad?

Still soooo much more we need to buy but getting a new car tomorrow, so all baby stuff will fit in the boot:)

I feel movement every day now but some days lots of hard kicks and other days just a few tickles:) Makes me happy to feel baby move:)

Hope the hives have cleared up and every one else is well. I'm feeling big but ok:)

I don't feel the baby move all the time even though I've gotten definite kicks. I really feel him the most when I lie down at night on my tummy.

We have a free glider chair being saved for us by my aunt... we just have to make another long car trip to go pick it up! :( I really don't want to spend a whole weekend doing that, but it would be 12 hours of driving if we try to go up and back in one day! Not sure its worth that either?
We REALLY have to get a garage sale going soon! We have to clear out some furniture in order to make room for the baby's stuff etc.

Crissie - I thought for sure I had an anterior placenta, but I don't... so can't imagine how much more muffled everything would be with an anterior one!

Yay for the extension, but I can't imagine living amongst all the work getting done! I'm trying to figure out how we could get new carpets in our place and I can't even imagine how that would work with out much stuff we have!

Hi everyone!

So we got a lot of V days coming up soon, how exciting and reassuring, can't wait for mine, can relax abit more then.

Am feeling baby move alot and nearly always on my bladder, feels really weird and am constantly rushing to the loo lol do your babies have fav places to boot you? At the 20 week scan, mines on Monday, do I need a full bladder? As I'm slightly concerned about leakage if gotta wait for a while!

Still haven't bought much for the baby, think will after the scan though.

Have any of you got a pregnancy pillow? Am thinking of getting one as have hip pain and lower back alot which am gonna mention to midwife. Also got kinda achy bone feeling right in my er lower region occasionally, by the end of the day I'm very achy, like a belt of achiness round my lower middle. Have ended up walking so slowly everywhere, takes me ages to do anything especially at work which isn't ideal working in the baby room!

I have a pregnancy pillow.. I put it away because I got it so early but need to dig it out again. Its great but takes up tons of space on the bed.
Have you thought of a support belt to wear during the day?

My aches are in the pelvic bone itself..
I didn't need a full bladder for my 20week scan.

Hi guys!

Sorry I havent posted, hope you all had a great christmas and New Years. Have been busy since new year so need to get started on the nursery, I have bought a few clothes and bits and bobs but I really need to get more organised! The babies will be here and I wont have anything ready!:blush:

Went for my 20 week scan with the consultant, it took an hour but was really interesting and she showed us loads of things you dont normally get to see so it was good. There both doing fine and are definitely girls!
They kept turning around so it was hard to keep track of which baby she was scanning - she had to keep going back and checking as they are so similiar in size!

Congrats crissie and lisa on boys, I think my hubby would have liked boys but were happy either way :)

Ticktock - I bet you are so excited to be finding out tomorrow! Its best to have a full bladder but I usually end up running to the toilet before and it doesnt make any difference - just take a bottle of water with you :winkwink:

Ive just bought a dreamgenii pillow and Im definitely waking up less during the night - lisas right though , they do take up a lot of room, dh probably wont be impressed! My aches are mainly round my hips and pelvic area, they seem to be worse if I have a busy day so I just try to put my feet up and rest if I can - not always possible though with a toddler!

Hi Everyone

What's up??? I've been MIA lately, damn extension is driving me bananas and we are in the process of an office move at work. Just exsisting at the mo!

Otherwise all good on this side. How about everyone else??

I want to know WHY AM I STILL AN EGGPLANT??? :( are they saying baby doesn't grow between 26 and 27 weeks? lol

Will post some bump pics soon and hopefully the building work will be done soon and we can start on the Baby 'corner'. Has everyone else started they nurseries? Post pics if you have would love to see them!

C
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"