• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

B vits gals!

Mine got worse around then ticktock... I THINK its getting better now, but am afraid of jinxing it.
Most women are totally done with it by 16 weeks though... I just put that deadline into my head.

Hi guys went for the nuchal scan yesterday , it went fine, one of the twins was being a bit naughty and moving around but they managed to get the measurements and they came back low risk so Im really pleased.

I also met my Consultant, she was really nice and said there wont necessarily be any problems but they will keep a close eye on me.I will be scanned every 2 weeks until 26 weeks and then regularly depending on how the twins are doing. We also spoke about an elective csection at 37 weeks so that will put me around the start of the may.

I was there for 3 hours in all!! I think I need to start getting ready for all this time at the hospital!

Crissie - that bump looks like its coming on well! I will try and post some pics soon, Im growing really fast - Ive put on 10 pounds already!

Ticktock - sorry to hear your ms is back - I also thought mine was ending but its still hanging around - not really feeling any worse though - hope yours goes away soon!

Glad you had a good scan tinks!!

How's everyone else doing? We're so quiet in here these days!!

Hey ya, my ms is now just moments of feeling sick but no actual sickness:)

I went to a baby fayre and it was so funny, some really odd things for sale. A company that will take your placenta, freeze dry it and putbit in capsules for you to eat. How gross is that! Another offered to freeze your babys stem cells. There where a lotbof baby massage, baby sign etc classes, but most start 6 months to 1 year and I'll be back at work at 9 months so won't be able to go to them.

We got our travel system yesterday, was very exciting:) Got the Graco tour Sport one from babies R us. We have built it and I really like it:)

what you guys been up to? Any good purchases:)

Lol, no good purchases unless you count buying a new dog bed and a ladder? :haha:
Waiting to find out the sex and see what freebies I get before spending too much money.
Trying to get the house organized but DH is lazy :(

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been scarce, been really busy at work and our dishwasher is broken :cry: When you have been used to a dishwasher it's the worst! We still use the same amount of dishes (you tend to use more when you have a dishwasher) so every night I’ve spent at least an hour washing up :(

But today is our 9th wedding anniversary! So we're going to the Mango Tree (Thai) for dinner tonight - YAY.

And I had my 16 week antenatal appointment this morning, got to hear baby blob's heart beat and all is well. :thumbup:

So.... purchases, where do I start lol :wacko: we have been stocking up on things slowly but surely... I have only been buying things on sale. Got our pram (Maclaren XLR), and we got a travel cot for £27!, the Braun Thermoscan in-ear digital thermometer with filters, the Anglecare sound-only baby monitor, Avent new born bottle starter pack and the Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nappy Disposal Bin with refill bag cartridges. Been busy buying up a storm. I already know which cot and change table I want and the car seat to match our pram. Then hopefully we get our passports back from home office and we can go to my Sister in France for Christmas, she's giving us a load of baby things too. And if we find out we're having a boy it will be even better cause I'll have a load of clothes from her too!

How is everyone else doing? :kiss:

I'm doing fine! VERY impatient to feel movement though!! LOL!

ME TOOO!!!!! I keep prodding my bump telling blob to - wake up! :haha: And DH says I'm going to give 'him' brain damage!

Aw, we're so quiet in here these days, lol!!!

Still nothing to report... no bump growth, no movement. GRRRRR

Hey guys, I was so bad with ms yesterday:( Just wish it would go away.

I think every stomach gurgle could be movement but not def. Movement:( I'm going to get a sleep aid pillow at the weekend:) Love pillows.

My good friend gave me a huge bag of maternity clothes, so have lots of things to wear as bump grows. Got me appointment on 25th, so hope I get to hear the hb:)

I got to hear the hb today! :)
Feel SO guilty because I told DH it was a boring appt and they wouldn't do anything... he didn't want to miss any of this stuff and now he missed the first time I heard the heartbeat :dohh:
I'm kind of scared to tell him because I don't want to upset him.

Oh no! But don't they let you hear the heart beat at the scans? We heard the heart beat for the first time at our 12 week scan.

I'm sure you'll hear it again at the next appointment. He'll understand.

How are you otherwise? I was lying in bed on Sun morning and I was sure I felt a rolling sensation! But now I'm doubting myself cause I haven't felt anything since :( the wait is killing me! :dohh:

I have a trip to Salzburg Wed-Fri for work. Going to do a Site visit for our global conference in April next year which I haven't told them yet that I'll be 36 weeks pregnant then and most probably won't be able to fly. :haha:

How is the weather in Santa Barbara? We're into winter here in London and it's permanently dark, I hate this season. Wish we could take another road trip in the US! We did it July last year and it was amazing, the best holiday we've had. We actually stopped in Santa Barbara on the way to Pismo. We drove Highway 1 to San Francisco. It's gorgeous there!

Well I think I felt movement on Saturday, but like you, I'm doubting myself because I haven't felt it since, hehe! :dohh:

The weather here is good, we've had some rain but its still sunny most days. I hate how its dark by the time I leave work... but I guess I shouldn't complain because its still sunny/bright during the day :haha:

None of my ultrasounds have had audio. They just don't make that part of the equipment... the theory being that you can see the heartbeat, why would you need to hear it I guess?

Its so amazingly beautiful here I forget and am so used to it!
I wish I traveled more, I just get too stressed out with the packing and anxious to get home and relax after a trip before returning to work etc. Oh yeah, and its expensive :haha:

I some times think I feel the baby but am not sure:( Had a day off sick yesterday due to bad ms, bit better today. Can't wait till it goes! I'm hoping the baby is ok with all my sickness. Will be relieved when I hear the hb!

I long to see the sun, though snow is expected for Saturday which could be pretty!

I can't believe you're still strugging with MS! Thats just unfair! :( People keep telling me I have it bad, when I know there are people like you who have it much much worse.

I felt more of that sensation yesterday. I didn't eat my lunch on time, but within 5 minutes of eating, I felt that bubbling feeling, so baby must have been happy to get some food :haha:

Getting to hear the heartbeat was great:) so relieved to know the little one is doing well:)
I think my ms is one of the worst I know of, typical! My body just doesn't seem to cope well with hormones but today is a better day:)

No recent baby movements but hoping to feel some soon.

It's so cold here at the moment maybe the baby is hunkering down to keep warm:)

Hey guys, how is everyone?

Ive been really busy getting ready for Christmas and doing some jobs around the house, I know I probably wont feel like it next year as I start to get bigger!

Ive had to dig out my maternity clothes as nothing fits! It was so nice though to pull on them comfy elasticated waists- aaah bliss! O:)I also bought a couple of maternity coats as its so cold here at the moment:cold: Ive put on 13 pounds now and Ive read that I should be gaining 1-2 pounds a week in 2nd trimester so Im preparing myself for it!

Im having a relaxing day today as I had a tiny bit of brown spotting this morning - called the MW and she said its quite common and just to relax and not do anything strenuous - if it gets any worse then they will send me to the hospital. It has stopped now so fxed that was it, it is quite worrying even though its common.

Ive definitely felt a couple of kicks now, more on my left side as I think the one baby is nearer the front. I have been feeling movements for the past couple of the weeks but wasnt convinced but now they have turned into kicks theres no mistaking them!

Lisa Im so jealous that youre having sunny days - its so cold here! Does the weather get really bad in your winter?

Ok... you guys will laugh, but it gets down to 30F here at night (thats like -1C). Its usually between 50-60F during the day, but thats way too cold for me!
Before you think I'm getting off easy with no snow and these temps... keep in mind my house is NOT built for any kind of extreme weather. I have NO insulation at ALL (no exaggeration!) I have old windows that do nothing to block the draft really, and even have 2 windows that aren't even solid panes of glass but are like glass shutters with these crappy rubber seals that, again, do nothing to keep out the draft!
I do not have central heat, but have one wall heater in my house that has 2 modes... on and off, so no thermostat and use space heaters in the bedrooms etc.

Its cold here now even though the sun is out, and my office at work is freezing because they haven't figured out how to program the heater yet! grrr! Lol!

I've been having some big joint issues over here. In addition to the pelvis aching very uncomfortably when standing after a sit, I did something to my hip the other night that has left me with sharp, shooting pains if I move wrong :(
Hoping the hip thing goes away and that the pelvis thing gets better...

Oh Lisa I sympathise with you , I couldnt live without the central heating!

I had some more spotting yesterday morning so my MW booked me for a scan tomorrow -I will be relieved to see them - the spotting was only when I wiped and was brown so Im trying to keep calm still. Havent had any more since so hopefully it will stop now.

Ive also been having hip pain and sharp pains in my lower pelvis - dont know whether Im noticing them more today with the spotting as Im convincing myself that there worse than normal! :dohh: Oh tomorrow couldnt come sooner ! will let you know how it goes

Aw tink thats too bad!
I had some light spotting around 12 weeks and again at 14 weeks. Both were when I wiped, and TMI but they were when I was straining to go poo... I think it was definitely related to the pooing thing for me.. haven't had any since and I got easy on the toilet now:blush:

Tink, you are the FIRST girl I know to mention the same pelvic/hip thing that I'm getting. Mine started with some minor pelvis aches around 16 weeks... mentioned it to the nurse at my 'education' appointment and she said it was normal. Well it got worse, was quite uncomfortable/painful this weekend.
AND, I'm now getting a VERY sharp shooting pain in my hip that goes down my leg.. only on my left side though.
I'm going to try to bear with it until my next appointment in a week and a half, but I'm NOT letting them brush it off as 'normal' this time.
FYI... I don't think the pain/discomfort I'm feeling has anything to do with the health of my pregnancy... from what i've read its more of something that is just a pain/discomfort thing for me... there is physical therapy and a support belt thingie they can give you etc... so I'm going to push for SOME kind of help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->