Baby Dancin' Newlyweds! [WOW!!! 12 bfp!]

CD13... I think I've finally started to see a darker line on my OPK! I could just be imagining it, but fingers crossed I'm getting there, as I've really started to worry now that I may not be O'ing at all, and I'm so mad at myself for taking the BCP and screwing my cycles up. I feel like I shouldn't have bothered taking it as it's so difficult to get pregnant that I probably didn't actually need it!

Bit worried that if I haven't had a positive OPK yet it looks like I could be heading for another long cycle. We've managed to keep up with the BD eod since CD9 just in case, but I really hope O is gonna happen in the next few days!

CD13... I think I've finally started to see a darker line on my OPK! I could just be imagining it, but fingers crossed I'm getting there, as I've really started to worry now that I may not be O'ing at all, and I'm so mad at myself for taking the BCP and screwing my cycles up. I feel like I shouldn't have bothered taking it as it's so difficult to get pregnant that I probably didn't actually need it!

Bit worried that if I haven't had a positive OPK yet it looks like I could be heading for another long cycle. We've managed to keep up with the BD eod since CD9 just in case, but I really hope O is gonna happen in the next few days!

You should still get a positive OPK even if you aren't ovulating, from what I understand. You still get an LH surge no matter what--even if you don't release an egg. This is so frustrating. I'm kind of in the same boat with that because my BBT isn't rising (not that I've been super consistent) and I'm afraid I'm not ovulating, either. After 8 years on BCP and off since March. :(

You should still get a positive OPK even if you aren't ovulating, from what I understand. You still get an LH surge no matter what--even if you don't release an egg. This is so frustrating. I'm kind of in the same boat with that because my BBT isn't rising (not that I've been super consistent) and I'm afraid I'm not ovulating, either. After 8 years on BCP and off since March. :(

Oh dear, a positive OPK won't be an end to my worries then! I'm not having much luck with temping as I don't seem to sleep too well and my chart is always up and down so I don't think my chart would look any different to show O so I'm still clueless! :(

Congratulations Jillie!!! Fab news :)
Im half way through the TWW testing o 14th July if AF hasnt arrived. Have no symptoms though at all so doubt ill have a positive this month. Anyone else testing on or around the 14th?
Just wanted to add my sister who had trouble TTC for 2 years (even tho she got pregnant with my niece now 9 straight away last time) just gave birth on the 5th of July to a beautiful, much wanted, healthy baby boy named Jack :))) xxx

Im half way through the TWW testing o 14th July if AF hasnt arrived. Have no symptoms though at all so doubt ill have a positive this month. Anyone else testing on or around the 14th?
Just wanted to add my sister who had trouble TTC for 2 years (even tho she got pregnant with my niece now 9 straight away last time) just gave birth on the 5th of July to a beautiful, much wanted, healthy baby boy named Jack :))) xxx

Aaah congratulations to your sister, and to you on your new nephew! :)

My friend had her first who is 6 by 'accident' when she had been with her now hubby for 5 months then had trouble conceiving her second and now she has an 11 month old daughter.

If you keep having troubles, check into Pregnitude. It is an all natural supplement with Myo-Inositol and Folic Acid... It may help get your hormones back on track. I am not a doc, but you might read up on it and ask your doc. Our bodies make Myo-Inositol anyway, it is what helps with healthy, regular ovulation and egg quality. It helps create more quality eggs. Relatively new stuff, was called Inofolic overseas. Just something you could always ask your doc about.

Actually, not all women have LH surges if they don't ovulate. Everybody has some amount of LH in their system, women with PCOS can have a high level of LH which is why OPKs do not always work for them...

LH cannot confirm ovulation and you do have to have one to ovulate. It is what causes the follicle to rupture and release the egg. However, annovulatory women do not always have an LH surge. I wouldn't stress too much if it takes a bit to get a positive OPK. Your body is probably still just getting it's hormones back to normal.

Well, now Fertility Friend is saying I did ovulate, but I am just not convinced. My temps have not went up anywhere close to where they did last cycle after I O'd. Plus my pre O temps had some days higher than my temps now and on a consistent basis. So basically because I had one day of a positive OPK, (or what I thought was positive) and three days of temps that did not dip too low they are claiming I O'd. Last month my post O temps were 97.7-97.9, but right now they are only 97.3. Plus I still have fertile CM.

This is only my second cycle of temping, so I could be wrong I suppose... but to me my chart doesn't look like I O'd. What do you guys think? My chart is linked below in my sig. I guess the true test will be if AF comes in approx 9-11 days. I am just not convinced. If I did O, then I would probably be concerned my progesterone levels are too low for a sticky bean. *sigh*

I can't be bet too much help hun. I just started temping too and dont quite understand how it works still but I say with the other signs that it looks about right that you ovulated a few days ago!
If you can get your levels checked, you may as well!
I hope you get your bfp this cycle though!

Well, today I had another VERY positive OPK and my temps are starting to rise more. I think today is O day for sure! The day I has my last OPK I was using First Response OPK and the line was fairly dark but it was first thing in the morning and it was not as dark as the control line. I just don't think I like those tests. I went back to using the strips, these are Answer ones, and they just seem to be easier to read for me. So my last positive test I may have read wrong. The test today I definitely did not! So it looks like I will be in my TWW in the next 12-24 hours! :) (my OPK was negative last night with the Answer strips)

I use the clearblue digital OPKs, and getting smiley faces makes me happy! For me it's much better than guessing on the lines!

I use the clearblue digital OPKs, and getting smiley faces makes me happy! For me it's much better than guessing on the lines!

I think I will be getting clearblue digital OPK's too. Even though they might cost a little more I also dont want to have to guess.. I want it to be as precise as possible. I love that it shows a =)... what a great little tool.

Anyhow I am stuck right now in this 2ww and I want time to go by faster. Even though I am almost sure this month is a bust. We only BD 1 x and it was 3 days before I o'd. I was too sick at the time to BD :( and now I feel a lot better. UGH the timing!

Hi ladies! I took a test yesterday, BFN but the control line was fainter then usual and I saw the SAME line as the test I had taken 2 days prior AFTER it had dried though. It was definitely a BFN until maybe an hour or so then the very very very faint pink line showed. Not sure what that means. Expecting AF to start today, still has not shown so I figure if no AF by next Saturday, I will test again. Had minor cramps for the past couple days here & there so I am fully expecting AF. So we'll see what happens!

Hi ladies! I took a test yesterday, BFN but the control line was fainter then usual and I saw the SAME line as the test I had taken 2 days prior AFTER it had dried though. It was definitely a BFN until maybe an hour or so then the very very very faint pink line showed. Not sure what that means. Expecting AF to start today, still has not shown so I figure if no AF by next Saturday, I will test again. Had minor cramps for the past couple days here & there so I am fully expecting AF. So we'll see what happens!

Sorry you got a BFN!! Hoping next month is a BFP for you!

Maybe they are not working properly or could just be an evap line. Why don't you try using a digital?

I am a cheapo haha. Plus, I went off the BCP in April and immediately getting off of it started TTC so I'm not entirely sure if my cycles are straightened out just yet. The 1st cycle was 34 days, last cycle was 30 days, and, if AF starts today still, it would be 30 days. I'm not too upset if AF starts, it just wasn't meant to be. DH is starting a new job next week, with better insurance so I think if no BFP this cycle we will be NTNP until insurance kicks in.

I am a cheapo haha. Plus, I went off the BCP in April and immediately getting off of it started TTC so I'm not entirely sure if my cycles are straightened out just yet. The 1st cycle was 34 days, last cycle was 30 days, and, if AF starts today still, it would be 30 days. I'm not too upset if AF starts, it just wasn't meant to be. DH is starting a new job next week, with better insurance so I think if no BFP this cycle we will be NTNP until insurance kicks in.

good luck.

my hubby lost his job last month and is struggling to get on some interviews right now. we are still ttc regardless..hopefully something pans out so we get insurance before a doctors appointment is necessary!

stupid economy :growlmad:

I have considered them, but with long cycles I am testing for almost 2 weeks straight, morning and evening. They add up quick! I dip strips aren't too hard to read for me. I just bought 100 Wondfo OPK strips and 20 pregnancy strips for $25. For that price, I can afford to test as much as I do! It cost $40 for a 20 pack of the First Response OPK. If I didn't have to use so many, I would probably use those smiley ones too. :)

I know most group insurance plans have good maternity options. DH and I have individual insurance that our DH's employer pays for. The insurance company would not cover us if we conceived before the insurance coverage started. They would also not give us coverage if were already pregnant because it would be a "pre existing condition". I think its a good idea to have insurance before you conceive, if you plan on using it. I purchased the maternity insurance in March and had to wait until June before we could conceive... because of a mandatory waiting period. It was very stressing!! A normal delivery here cost $5,000 but if complications made it so we needed a c-section it could be $30,000. It would just be way too expensive for us.

good luck.

my hubby lost his job last month and is struggling to get on some interviews right now. we are still ttc regardless..hopefully something pans out so we get insurance before a doctors appointment is necessary!

stupid economy :growlmad:

So sorry to hear that! It is such a tough economy out there right now! Hope he finds something soon!!

I know most group insurance plans have good maternity options. DH and I have individual insurance that our DH's employer pays for. The insurance company would not cover us if we conceived before the insurance coverage started. They would also not give us coverage if were already pregnant because it would be a "pre existing condition". I think its a good idea to have insurance before you conceive, if you plan on using it. I purchased the maternity insurance in March and had to wait until June before we could conceive... because of a mandatory waiting period. It was very stressing!! A normal delivery here cost $5,000 but if complications made it so we needed a c-section it could be $30,000. It would just be way too expensive for us.

i was under the impression that if you are a new employee then they cover it---a friend of mine was preg before her husband got his job and since he was a new hire, insurance covered it

LOL

The same thing happened to me and after 6 months its still wack. AF always came every 27 days. I went on Loestrin for 2 months for my wedding in December and it was never the same. AF comes whenever she feels like it now 29 days, 33 days, 25 days, 35 days... its really frustrating!! I have a feeling she is going to tease me on this ttc journey of mine!!

Congrats on your DH's new job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->