Baby Dancin' Newlyweds! [WOW!!! 12 bfp!]

I know most group insurance plans have good maternity options. DH and I have individual insurance that our DH's employer pays for. The insurance company would not cover us if we conceived before the insurance coverage started. They would also not give us coverage if were already pregnant because it would be a "pre existing condition". I think its a good idea to have insurance before you conceive, if you plan on using it. I purchased the maternity insurance in March and had to wait until June before we could conceive... because of a mandatory waiting period. It was very stressing!! A normal delivery here cost $5,000 but if complications made it so we needed a c-section it could be $30,000. It would just be way too expensive for us.

i was under the impression that if you are a new employee then they cover it---a friend of mine was preg before her husband got his job and since he was a new hire, insurance covered it

Yes, I think they do. Group coverage is a lot better than what I have. I have it outside of my employer.

My insurance is lame, but it will 'do.' I had planned to get on hubby's insurance when we got married, but how convenient that they would impose a $100/month spousal surcharge if your spouse can be covered on their employers insurance. My insurance is a high deductible HSA that covers nothing but 'wellness-type' appointments until you hit a $3,000 deductible. My pap/annual was no charge, but that is where it ends. There is no help on prescriptions, no co-pays, definitely no infertility assistance... I feel like I am giving my money away. Of course, the deductible resets on January 1st as well. So what I have done is started putting $120 per 2-week pay period into my health savings account to try to help meet the deductible. I just have to make sure my contributions do not exceed $3,000/year, because that is the contribution limit. I guess at least I don't lose that money if I don't use it. It rolls over. Everything is paid once I hit $3,000 deductible. I am sure what will happen is I will get pregnant and be due like January 15th or something. hahaha That way, all of my appointments up til delivery will go towards the prior years deductible and I will have to come up with $3,000 all over again. That would be my luck, but I will deal with it if we get a beautiful baby out of it!

My insurance is lame, but it will 'do.' I had planned to get on hubby's insurance when we got married, but how convenient that they would impose a $100/month spousal surcharge if your spouse can be covered on their employers insurance. My insurance is a high deductible HSA that covers nothing but 'wellness-type' appointments until you hit a $3,000 deductible. My pap/annual was no charge, but that is where it ends. There is no help on prescriptions, no co-pays, definitely no infertility assistance... I feel like I am giving my money away. Of course, the deductible resets on January 1st as well. So what I have done is started putting $120 per 2-week pay period into my health savings account to try to help meet the deductible. I just have to make sure my contributions do not exceed $3,000/year, because that is the contribution limit. I guess at least I don't lose that money if I don't use it. It rolls over. Everything is paid once I hit $3,000 deductible. I am sure what will happen is I will get pregnant and be due like January 15th or something. hahaha That way, all of my appointments up til delivery will go towards the prior years deductible and I will have to come up with $3,000 all over again. That would be my luck, but I will deal with it if we get a beautiful baby out of it!

That does sound like a typical insurance plan. Mine has a 7000 family deductible but maternity is completely seperate. I pay 300 a month extra to have a maternity rider on my plan. They pay for every doc and scan visit. Then once in the hospital for delivery, i have to pay 150/day up to 750 and they pay the rest. Its really expensive but I try to think of it as a pre payment plan... also there are certain things that can arise in a pregnancy that are unexpected and the insurance will give me a peace of mind throughout. This is why I need to get pregnant quick, so I dont over pay. :)

anyhow hopefully you get a bfp immediately!!!!

:dust:

I know it's like way too early for pg symptoms at 4dpo but I had the strangest twinges in my abdomen today. I also almost fainted today for no reason at all. I drank oj and I felt better immediately so maybe my glucose levels were low. BUT maybe just maybe... hehe wishful thinking!

I have like 5 days to go before I start poas. I cant wait. I just received 10 first response pg test that I ordered on amazon yesterday. They came out to like 4 dollars a piece. I heard some of the cheaper ones can give you evap lines and I would be devastated if I got a false positive... It was only a little more and I feel I wont be as nervous with the results.

Has anyone else tested? or anyone tested soon? Good luck on getting bfp's.

That does sound like a typical insurance plan. Mine has a 7000 family deductible but maternity is completely seperate. I pay 300 a month extra to have a maternity rider on my plan. They pay for every doc and scan visit. Then once in the hospital for delivery, i have to pay 150/day up to 750 and they pay the rest. Its really expensive but I try to think of it as a pre payment plan... also there are certain things that can arise in a pregnancy that are unexpected and the insurance will give me a peace of mind throughout. This is why I need to get pregnant quick, so I dont over pay. :)

anyhow hopefully you get a bfp immediately!!!!

Yeah, insurance has really become a joke. I would probably be better off just putting the money I pay for the insurance into it's own saving account to use as needed! Probably not I guess... but it seems just as logical!!! Still, even with crappy insurance, I am in a better financial situation than a lot of women having babies.

I hope you get your BFP ASAP as well! :) Good luck!

I know it's like way too early for pg symptoms at 4dpo but I had the strangest twinges in my abdomen today. I also almost fainted today for no reason at all. I drank oj and I felt better immediately so maybe my glucose levels were low. BUT maybe just maybe... hehe wishful thinking!

I have like 5 days to go before I start poas. I cant wait. I just received 10 first response pg test that I ordered on amazon yesterday. They came out to like 4 dollars a piece. I heard some of the cheaper ones can give you evap lines and I would be devastated if I got a false positive... It was only a little more and I feel I wont be as nervous with the results.

I believe it is a safe assumption that I am now officially in my TWW. Ironically, if I wait the standard 14 days to test it will be July 23, which would have been my Dad's 62 birthday. I am hoping that is a good coincidence, since before he Always kept saying it was my turn to give him a granddaughter to spoil. He already had 2 granddaughters and 2 grandsons, from my brothers and sister... still he knew how much I wanted a baby and he sure did love his grandchildren. If I had the patience to wait til the 23rd, a BFP would be wonderful news. *fingers crossed* Knowing me, I will probably test sooner. I am impatient!

I believe it is a safe assumption that I am now officially in my TWW. Ironically, if I wait the standard 14 days to test it will be July 23, which would have been my Dad's 62 birthday. I am hoping that is a good coincidence, since before he Always kept saying it was my turn to give him a granddaughter to spoil. He already had 2 granddaughters and 2 grandsons, from my brothers and sister... still he knew how much I wanted a baby and he sure did love his grandchildren. If I had the patience to wait til the 23rd, a BFP would be wonderful news. *fingers crossed* Knowing me, I will probably test sooner. I am impatient!

I hope you get to give your Dad the best birthday gift ever this month :D Its so hard to wait till you are actually suppose to test... and if you have a ton of pg test on hand forget it! lol

Hey ladies, I'm feeling so disheartened today! Isn't that stupid.. I'm 11 DPO now and have totally convinced myself that I'm out this month. Have (ridiculously) POAS a few times now and got BFNs, but what I guess am I to expect so early.. I don't know why but this TWW has really got me down and I think today I'm just feeling it, it's ridiculous really as this is our first cycle properly TTC after a break (perhaps it's PMS - ha!) - I don't know how women who have being going through this cycle after cycle cope - they are all amazing!

Sorry for the rant, don't want to bother DH with how I'm feeling and know that the lovely ladies on here understand! Hope you are all having a good day x

Hey ladies, I'm feeling so disheartened today! Isn't that stupid.. I'm 11 DPO now and have totally convinced myself that I'm out this month. Have (ridiculously) POAS a few times now and got BFNs, but what I guess am I to expect so early.. I don't know why but this TWW has really got me down and I think today I'm just feeling it, it's ridiculous really as this is our first cycle properly TTC after a break (perhaps it's PMS - ha!) - I don't know how women who have being going through this cycle after cycle cope - they are all amazing!

Sorry for the rant, don't want to bother DH with how I'm feeling and know that the lovely ladies on here understand! Hope you are all having a good day x

:hugs: I totally understand how you're feeling! But don't get yourself too down [easier said than done, I know].
You aren't out until the witch shows and I have my fingers crossed for you that she doesn't! :af:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:hugs: I totally understand how you're feeling! But don't get yourself too down [easier said than done, I know].
You aren't out until the witch shows and I have my fingers crossed for you that she doesn't! :af:

Thank you so much for your support, I know it's really stupid! I need to woman up! :) xx

Thank you so much for your support, I know it's really stupid! I need to woman up! :) xx

Not stupid at all. It's only human to have doubts! :hugs:

I think I was insanely depressed after the FIRST month of TTC! I think it's only natural, at least for those of us who want it so bad! We drive ourselves crazy thinking 'maybe this is a sign I am pregnant,' and almost have ourselves convinced we are... then the two lines never come. :nope: It's sad. *hugs* to you, and vent away any time! I know I sure would/will/have! :wacko:

I am going BBT chart CRAZY! I chart temps on 3 different sites/phone apps. One of the apps (My Days) doesn't really show you your ovulation day UNLESS it is the exact day that it picks for you, and well that is really off!!! The other two do pretty good, but they are conflicting with each other. I had what I was quite certain was a positive OPK on the 4th of July, but that was the only day. It was negative before and after... until this past Sunday, the 8th. Then I had 3 days of positive OPKs in a row, and today a negative one. The test line was dark, but not darker than the control so I must be coming down. My temp did elevate. Anyhow... anybody have any thoughts on which of these might ACTUALLY be correct? My temps were up and down until I got close to ovulation. Then they dropped and started this slow rise. I am definitely above coverline, but it is really hard to tell when I O'd. Looking at my chart, I could have O'd a week ago or even possibly earlier than that. I have dips and raises all over! I usually O between CD25 and CD30. Too bad my chart had to be all screwy this month!

Anyhow, the Fertility Friend Chart link is in my sig... CountdownToPregnancy.com doesn't appear to allow me to link my chart outside of the website. It, however, has me O'ing on CD33 which the the day BEFORE my OPKs became positive again.

If I base of FF I am 7DPO, if I base off CTP I am 4DPO... if I rely on my 3 days of OPK + and the fact my temp rose again today, I am only 1DPO. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Okay, that is my ramble and vent for the day! :wacko:

I am going BBT chart CRAZY! I chart temps on 3 different sites/phone apps. One of the apps (My Days) doesn't really show you your ovulation day UNLESS it is the exact day that it picks for you, and well that is really off!!! The other two do pretty good, but they are conflicting with each other. I had what I was quite certain was a positive OPK on the 4th of July, but that was the only day. It was negative before and after... until this past Sunday, the 8th. Then I had 3 days of positive OPKs in a row, and today a negative one. The test line was dark, but not darker than the control so I must be coming down. My temp did elevate. Anyhow... anybody have any thoughts on which of these might ACTUALLY be correct? My temps were up and down until I got close to ovulation. Then they dropped and started this slow rise. I am definitely above coverline, but it is really hard to tell when I O'd. Looking at my chart, I could have O'd a week ago or even possibly earlier than that. I have dips and raises all over! I usually O between CD25 and CD30. Too bad my chart had to be all screwy this month!

Anyhow, the Fertility Friend Chart link is in my sig... CountdownToPregnancy.com doesn't appear to allow me to link my chart outside of the website. It, however, has me O'ing on CD33 which the the day BEFORE my OPKs became positive again.

If I base of FF I am 7DPO, if I base off CTP I am 4DPO... if I rely on my 3 days of OPK + and the fact my temp rose again today, I am only 1DPO. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Haha I'm having the same problem. Got positive OPKs the 4/5, neg on the 6. Temp didn't go up until probably the 8th, but I heard that can take 3-5 days so that didn't worry me much. But I put my temps into FF and it said my OV date was the 7th. And my temp spiked AGAIN today from 97.8 yesterday to 98.6 today. Needless to say, I have no idea when my ovulation occurred. I feel your pain.

We've been married 5 months today, TTC for 8 months, I lost my first baby in July of last year, and my second in June.. I am currently on cycle 8 but having abnormal bleeding so not sure if I'm gonna hit it this month.. :( Going to the dr to see if I'm still ovulating.. :(

We've been married 5 months today, TTC for 8 months, I lost my first baby in July of last year, and my second in June.. I am currently on cycle 8 but having abnormal bleeding so not sure if I'm gonna hit it this month.. :( Going to the dr to see if I'm still ovulating.. :(

Welcome to the group! :hi:

So sorry for your losses :hugs: and for your abnormal bleeding now.
Glad you've already scheduled to see you dr.
I hope they're able to give you some answers. :hugs: Keep us posted! I'll add you to our first page with baby dust :dust:

Hello! Welcome, sorry for your losses & good luck to you! :)

CD17 for me, another two negative OPKs... :( I feel so far from my BFP when I can't even get a positive OPK! My close friend had a little boy this morning, and I'm relieved that I feel so happy for her, not sad or jealous at all, but would still desperately love to know it will be my turn one day!

Hey there! I'm new here :D
I'm also a newlywed (or at least I think I am?) married September 9, 2011. We're in our second cycle of TTC and I am on day 22 of my cycle and I believe I ovulated today! So we'll see. :happydance: I'm super excited because we suspect I may have PCOS and I'm just soooo happy to be ovulating! Even with crazy periods. :thumbup:
I'd love to be added to your list (if you want).
Best of luck everyone! :dust:

Hey there! I'm new here :D
I'm also a newlywed (or at least I think I am?) married September 9, 2011. We're in our second cycle of TTC and I am on day 22 of my cycle and I believe I ovulated today! So we'll see. :happydance: I'm super excited because we suspect I may have PCOS and I'm just soooo happy to be ovulating! Even with crazy periods. :thumbup:
I'd love to be added to your list (if you want).
Best of luck everyone! :dust:

Hi and welcome! :hi:

Wohoo for ovulating!! That has to be frustrating having crazy cycles and not knowing for sure if you're ovulating or not. I'm dealing with super short cycles, and not knowing if either I'm not ovulating or I ovulate 'late' and end up with a 8-9 day Lutel phase which isn't good for conceiving a sticky bean :dohh: Do you plan to see a doctor if you suspect PCOS? How long have your cycles been lately? What method are you using to confirm ovulation? [sorry for all the questions, I just like to be able to give full support! Please feel free to tell me to quit being so nosey :haha:]

I'll add you to the list! :thumbup: Do you have a planned date to test?
Best of luck to you and baby dust :dust:

I'm also going crazy with charting!! Funny how TTC makes you go a little nuts! :wacko: I use OvuView and LOVE it. I've tried the others but find this one so much easier to use with lots of options...maybe check it out? I also use fertilityfriend and mydays x but those are kind of difficult to use from my phone... My temperature fluctuates too...I've had it skyrocket a few times but counted them as being inaccurate since the temp didn't stay up. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->