Baby Dancin' Newlyweds! [WOW!!! 12 bfp!]

Morning all I ordered some O tests yesterday so I'll see if they Sinc up with the my days chart. BD on Tuesday had a break last night so can do it again on my most fertile days after a break. Do you guys suggest every other day during this time or everyday?

Thanks for all the hellos and good luck everyone!

Hiya, I am a newlywed (April21st 2012) :cloud9:

Me & hubs just started trying this month, Well not trying not preventing.
I am not clued up at all on when i ovulate, how to tell, etc so if anyone could explain the lingo to me that would be great :thumbup: lol i could do with the help.

I did put in on an online ovulation calculator when i last came on and it gave me an estimation when i shoul ovulate. Anyway me & hub had sex 3 days before ovulation then he had to work away for a week :cry:

So i know the chances are pretty slim, but still hoping for the best. If not though i would love to know more about how to tell when u ovulate etc ready for next month & also how to work out if u have a 26/27/28 day cycle :blush:

Thanks guys & wishing you all lots of baby dustb xx

Teach2 - I've heard a lot of people really promote the BD every other day so that you get higher quality sperm instead of what you get when you BD every day. I'm not sure myself. I try to do everyday during my fertile days cause I just don't want to miss it. If it doesn't work for another few cycles I may start trying the every-other-day thing.

xclairx - No worries! It can be intimidating to try to figure out when you ovulate if you're not sure what to look for. I highly recommend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" - it taught me everything I need to know. There are basically 3 main ways you can figure out on your own - without using OPKs - when you ovulate. They are:

1. Checking your basal body temperature - charting your temp each morning right when you wake up (before you get out of bed) at the same time every day. From your period to right before ovulation your temps should remain relatively low. Once you've ovulated your temps will elevate and remain elevated throughout your luteal phase (LP) - which is the time frame between ovulation and your period. Your LP should remain consistent - most people have an LP of between 11-14 days generally. Anything shorter than 10 days is considered a short LP and could make it harder to get pregnant because the egg doesn't have enough time to implant into the uterus.

2. Checking your cervical mucous (CM). It tends to get thicker and more slippery or like eggwhites (EWCM) the closer you are to ovulation. This mucus is what helps the sperm live once they are inside you and it provides them nourishment on their journey to find your egg.

3. Cervial Position (CP). This is probably the most hard part and something I don't do so I can't help much with it. I do believe that the cervix lowers and gets softer at certain points in your cycle. I can't recall if it's lower near ovulation or moves up during ovulation. Someone else may have to help there.

Basically, if you can get in tune with at least 1 or 2 of those things every day, you'll have a really good idea of when you do ovulate. Then you can use an OPK to confirm ovulation.

^^^ Great info!! Very helpful! Thanks Rudolf168!!

(I've read the "every other day" thing too, but I read that it is more for men that have low motility sperm... if both partners are relatively healthy reproductive wise, I think every day during fertile time is OK! :thumbup:)

^^^ Great info!! Very helpful! Thanks Rudolf168!!

(I've read the "every other day" thing too, but I read that it is more for men that have low motility sperm... if both partners are relatively healthy reproductive wise, I think every day during fertile time is OK! :thumbup:)

You're welcome :)

And yes, I'm in agreement with you about the every other day thing. I'm fairly confident both me and DH are healthy and don't have issues so we're going for the every day thing. Until we hit the 1 year mark or something and haven't conceived, then I'll look into getting us tested and see where his sperm are at.

I think I may be 6-7 dpo though.... I am a dizzy mess this morning as well as so tired. That nagging pain I had that was on my right side has now become a very mild cramping along my whole pelvic area. I can't remember that last time I had "mid cycle" cramping. Oh and I keep getting hot flashes too. :dohh:
I think I may start testing tomorrow :blush:

How is everyone else doing today?

Hiya, I am a newlywed (April21st 2012) :cloud9:

Me & hubs just started trying this month, Well not trying not preventing.
I am not clued up at all on when i ovulate, how to tell, etc so if anyone could explain the lingo to me that would be great :thumbup: lol i could do with the help.

I did put in on an online ovulation calculator when i last came on and it gave me an estimation when i shoul ovulate. Anyway me & hub had sex 3 days before ovulation then he had to work away for a week :cry:

So i know the chances are pretty slim, but still hoping for the best. If not though i would love to know more about how to tell when u ovulate etc ready for next month & also how to work out if u have a 26/27/28 day cycle :blush:

Thanks guys & wishing you all lots of baby dustb xx

:hi: Welcome!! Lots of luck and baby dust!! (remember sperm are said to live up to 5 days in the proper environment! You definitely have a chance! :thumbup:)

I think I may be 6-7 dpo though.... I am a dizzy mess this morning as well as so tired. That nagging pain I had that was on my right side has now become a very mild cramping along my whole pelvic area. I can't remember that last time I had "mid cycle" cramping. Oh and I keep getting hot flashes too. :dohh:

Did AF arrive for you last week? If not, then you may definitely need to test!

Thanks you've twisted my arm I'll do everyday! (Still a joy not a chore lol)

Did AF arrive for you last week? If not, then you may definitely need to test!

I'm usually 27-28 days (have been since 18 years old). This last cycle before the wedding I was due for AF May 11th. She didn't decide to show until the night of my wedding (May 19th) making it a 36 day cycle - & crap timing if I do say so :growlmad:
Anyway, so that was the first cycle that threw me for a loop. After that I didn't know what to expect for this cycle. And since I only track with cm and cp I am only guessing when I O'd (cd14)... that's why I suspect I may have O'd earlier than I think (ewcm happened around cd11 & 12) .... I am still very dizzy, nauseous and these odd light cramps I've had all day :shrug: I think I'll start testing tomorrow.

Hmmm interesting. That 36 day cycle was probably caused by the stress of the wedding. I know that's how it was for me. The month of my wedding my cycle was 40 days and AF arrived the day I started my honeymoon (2 days AFTER wedding).

Anyway - testing sounds like a good idea if you continue to experience those weird symptoms. But, don't let the symptom spotting trick you. I know my first cycle after the wedding tricked me BIG time because I thought everything was a sign :)

Hi Ladies,

Okay so i know the thread heading says newly weds & 1st cycle.
But I though I would try and join you ladies. You all seem so friendly in here.

I've been married 1 year. Officially NTNP (not trying not protecting) for the whole year.

October last year I'm sure I had a chemical, but it was never comfirmed. Then the doc put me on Clomid. Did Clomid for 2 cycles and gave up. Becasue my mood swings were unbearable.

But the last 6 months I've been trying to determine when I O (ovulate). But Im not using any OPK's (ovulation Prediction kits) or anything. Ive been trying to wing it.

Decided that I will be following SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan) next month. That is if I dont get :bfp: this month.

I was supposed to get AF (aunt Flow) yesterday but still nothing. And DH (darling husband) has been so positvie. He keeps asking if there is a baby in my tummy. Ag I really wish it was.

OH and for the news ladies to Baby and Bump here is a link to abreviations used in the threads.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/introduce-yourself/960127-abreviations-acronyms-new-members.html

Welcome mommy and me!

The SMEP plan does seem like it would be helpful for some people. Have you considering temping and checking CM in order to help determine O day? Just a thought :)

:hi: Welcome mommy and me!! Of course you can join. I was actually considering changing the thread title anyway, because the more the merrier :thumbup:
Sorry to hear the Clomid was a bad experience. I've heard good things about the smep plan. And like Rudolf168 suggested, temping and cm tracking could probably help determine O easier! :)

PS - Thanks for the link to abbr. very helpful!

I tested today in the afternoon, I think I see something, the ladies in the pregnancy test think they see something.... wondering if you wonderful ladies see anything :)

[I know it's still super early, so be honest, please :thumbup:]

Todays symtoms include increased cm, still dizzy, starting crying for really no reason at all :haha: and boobs are still sore. Ghhhh.... time can't go fast enough haha

PS - how are you all doing today, btw?

Attachments

• WP_000756.jpg
    WP_000756.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 16
Ahhhh man...I hope it is a BFP but I can't really tell. I don't have experience with those types of tests. I only use First Response and so I dunno. BUT....as long as AF hasn't arrived, you're always in the clear.

I agree with Rudolf. If AF has not yet showed then it could be a :bfp: but just wait untill AF is due then test again. Or just keep testing untill AF is supposed to show.

So AF has not showen her ugly face here by me. Which makes me hopefull becasue it's been 2 days since she was due. FXD

Hi, hope you don't mind if I join you.

I got married on 5th April. I stopped taking the pill at the end of march. Since then I've had 27 day cycle and then 25. Who knows when AF is due this month. I'm guessing sometime between today and Tuesday.

I'm currently 8 dpo. I thought it was a good idea to test today. BFN. This TWW has been horrible. I can't help but symptom spot. I've been nauseous, had a racing heart, enhanced sense of smell, sore boobs, and cold/flu symptoms. If I'm not pg, then I think I should probably go to dr.

Baby dust to all. Good luck!

Hey all!!! :flower:

Just thought I would join you ladies :)
I have been married to my DH for almost 1 1/2yrs. I've had 3 mc I the last, the most recent April of last year :cry: well this week I found out I had pcos and started taking metforminXR yesterday :) hoping for a :bfp: soon!!! :)

Hope you ladies will have me in your thread :) I'm always up for expanding my support circle ❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->