Baby Dancin' Newlyweds! [WOW!!! 12 bfp!]

Lol! I'm not sure! Some women don't even produce enough LH to get a pos in the first place--wouldn't it be great if there were just a set number?! I will say it took SEVERAL days after my first +OPK for my temp to rise, so don't count yourself out if it doesn't rise today or tomorrow--it could still happen!

Pregnancy, so far, is far from glamorous! I'm positive it will be worth it in the end, but right now I'm pretty miserable!

Ah don't be miserable, imagine how miserable you'd be if you were still TTC! Hopefully you'll start to enjoy it soon! I think I'd be so nervous in the early stages, and probably miserable too coz I'd get annoyed feeling crappy and noone understanding why!

As for the OPKs, I didn't get my first positive til 11pm CD21 (I was up to testing three times a day by then!) and then by the next morning at 5am when I take my temp, so just a few hours later, I got my spike and it was later confirmed on FF as ovulation, so it all happened pretty quickly and I nearly missed it as I normally test earlier than that and by the next test at normal time it wasn't positive anymore. It can get so complicated, I bet you're not missing it all!

My morning sickness is just righteous right now. I'm actually losing weight instead of gaining :(

I think bbt is different for everyone, because 3 days after my +OPK and no temp rise I was really starting to worry because everyone else had it within a day or two. Clearly there was nothing to be worried about, but doesn't stop you from the worry! I would have completely missed it if I didn't get it until 11pm....wouldn't even have known!

Bubbles and Sunshine, I totally get the frustration with cycles! I have PCOS and my cycles can be so long it is disheartening to see women go through 2 cycles in the time I get one. Last cycle I also had mid cycle bleeding which was unusual for me. I think it was my Pregnitude supplement starting to regulate hormones. My last cycle was 48 days, which was insanely long for me... but I remind myself at least I am ovulating on my own. That isn't a privilege a lot of PCOS women get. Anyhow, I am on month 2 of the Pregnitude supplement and I got a positive OPK tonight on CD23. That is the earliest I have gotten a positive OPK in a VERY long time. I was so happy to see a positive OPK this early that it almost was like a positive pregnancy test! lol Now I just hope it isn't a tease and my temps elevate either tomorrow or the next day! *fingers crossed* It isn't fun when it feels like your body is betraying you!

Here is to hoping our cycles regulate and stop confusing us!

Also, big congratulations to everyone with BFP's! I hope the baby dust stats plentiful in our group! :)

Congrats on the early OPK! I know exactly what you mean as I got all scared I didn't ovulate at all since I took BCP, but when I got my first positive on CD21 last cycle it may as well have been a pregnancy test I was that excited! I sometimes get frustrated with my cycle, although it isn't really that long compared to some, and I know I should be grateful I ovulate. I think it's just the unpredictableness of it still that bothers me, as it's still early days off birth control I'm still trying to work out what's normal for me, each cycle is still a bit of a surprise!

I don't mean to be the total bearer of bad news here, but just because you get a positive OPK doesn't necessarily mean you are ovulating. It detects LH, which occurs whether you actually release an egg or not :( I was terrified about my abundance of years on BCP before ttc too, so the first month I brought out the big guns and used opks and bbt. Your bbt will 100% tell you whether or not you ovulated, as your temp will NOT go up unless you have released an egg. So keep charting right along with opks!! :)

My temps have rose after positive OPK in all the cycles I have charted, so I am pretty hopeful I am... but I have heard of rare cases where women aren't ovulating and their temps still rise after an LH surge. For the next cycle I am planning to use an OvaCue monitor I bought. I haven't bought the vaginal sensor yet because I refuse to buy that used and it can get costly after already buying the monitor. Of course the vaginal sensor is what confirms ovulation. So, I am really considering it. If anything, for piece of mind. My temps do rise and my luteal phase seems to be a good 12 days... so now if I would just ovulate sooner... like a 'normal' cycle that would be better yet!!! :)

Lol! I'm not sure! Some women don't even produce enough LH to get a pos in the first place--wouldn't it be great if there were just a set number?! I will say it took SEVERAL days after my first +OPK for my temp to rise, so don't count yourself out if it doesn't rise today or tomorrow--it could still happen!

Pregnancy, so far, is far from glamorous! I'm positive it will be worth it in the end, but right now I'm pretty miserable!

Ah don't be miserable, imagine how miserable you'd be if you were still TTC! Hopefully you'll start to enjoy it soon! I think I'd be so nervous in the early stages, and probably miserable too coz I'd get annoyed feeling crappy and noone understanding why!

As for the OPKs, I didn't get my first positive til 11pm CD21 (I was up to testing three times a day by then!) and then by the next morning at 5am when I take my temp, so just a few hours later, I got my spike and it was later confirmed on FF as ovulation, so it all happened pretty quickly and I nearly missed it as I normally test earlier than that and by the next test at normal time it wasn't positive anymore. It can get so complicated, I bet you're not missing it all!

I was reading today that the accuracy of OPKs is not always what it says on the box. Some women get their LH surge and ovulate without ever having enough LH to make the test line as dark as the control. They were saying if your test line gets dark, but still appears lighter than the control you should expect that ovulation is pending and plan BD accordingly until temp spike.

I was frustrated cuz my Wondfo strips say do not read after 5 minutes but at 5 minutes it was close to as dark, but not quite. By 10 minutes it was a glaring positive. I will be glad to start using the OvaCue! Hopefully it will take some of the guess work out of it! Stupid OPKs anyway!

Good luck, Elpha! I haven't heard much about the monitors, but I assume with their hefty price tag that they are muchhhh better than normal OPKs! Hope they do it for you! :D

I found out on that I have a prolapsed uterus which is v rare in women who have never had a baby before. I was really upset but googling it I see that lots of women concieve with a prolapse. But also some end up having a hysterectomy early so I'm going into TTC overdrive! I've ordered a bbt and I'm going to stop caffeine and alcohol, start exercising and using preseed. I have a hospital referal for October so until then it's kegels kegels kegels!

I found out on that I have a prolapsed uterus which is v rare in women who have never had a baby before. I was really upset but googling it I see that lots of women concieve with a prolapse. But also some end up having a hysterectomy early so I'm going into TTC overdrive! I've ordered a bbt and I'm going to stop caffeine and alcohol, start exercising and using preseed. I have a hospital referal for October so until then it's kegels kegels kegels!

Yikes! That would be upsetting!!! Does that mean your doc might help out earlier with fertility treatments? Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you!
:dust:

My morning sickness is just righteous right now. I'm actually losing weight instead of gaining :(

I think bbt is different for everyone, because 3 days after my +OPK and no temp rise I was really starting to worry because everyone else had it within a day or two. Clearly there was nothing to be worried about, but doesn't stop you from the worry! I would have completely missed it if I didn't get it until 11pm....wouldn't even have known!

So your temp rise was a few days after your positive OPK? I am trying to figure out what is going on this cycle, because I had 2 days of positive OPKs and my temps have essentially 'flatlined' which is not the norm for pre-O. However, this morning my OPK was lighter than it had been the past 2 days. Still dark, but definitely not a positive... but no temp spike either. Now I am beginning to get concerned. Maybe my meds aren't helping me to O earlier and my body is just playing a cruel trick on me, getting my hopes up. I have never had my temps linger around 97.4 pre-O, but post-O they usually at least get to 97.6 or 97.7 range. Blah! So ready to use my OvaCue Fertility Monitir and be DONE with OPK confusion! Grrrr!

Yikes! That would be upsetting!!! Does that mean your doc might help out earlier with fertility treatments? Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks I have no idea yet about fertility treatment. As I said the doc told me it shouldn't affect fertility so probably not, just extra prenatal care maybe. I have to wait for my hospital appointment to get a full picture. I have seen other forums with women who prolapse after childbirth and go on to have more children some naturally some c section. That was the only thing that gave me hope. It's not painful so maybe they will leave me to it operation wise but if it gets worse and I do need a hysterectomy I'd like to know I did everything I could to conceive first. I'm trying to stay positive until I have all the facts.

So your temp rise was a few days after your positive OPK? I am trying to figure out what is going on this cycle, because I had 2 days of positive OPKs and my temps have essentially 'flatlined' which is not the norm for pre-O. However, this morning my OPK was lighter than it had been the past 2 days. Still dark, but definitely not a positive... but no temp spike either. Now I am beginning to get concerned. Maybe my meds aren't helping me to O earlier and my body is just playing a cruel trick on me, getting my hopes up. I have never had my temps linger around 97.4 pre-O, but post-O they usually at least get to 97.6 or 97.7 range. Blah! So ready to use my OvaCue Fertility Monitir and be DONE with OPK confusion! Grrrr!

mine took 3 days to even get over the control line!! And then it fluctuated by an entire degree for a couple weeks. If it doesn't go up at all, I would definitely call the doc...but I'd check for a few more days first!

Thanks I have no idea yet about fertility treatment. As I said the doc told me it shouldn't affect fertility so probably not, just extra prenatal care maybe. I have to wait for my hospital appointment to get a full picture. I have seen other forums with women who prolapse after childbirth and go on to have more children some naturally some c section. That was the only thing that gave me hope. It's not painful so maybe they will leave me to it operation wise but if it gets worse and I do need a hysterectomy I'd like to know I did everything I could to conceive first. I'm trying to stay positive until I have all the facts.

Good to stay positive about it! I have a tendency to obsess and research things, then I end up scaring myself more. Undo stress which is definitely not healthy! If your doctor doesn't seemed 'too' concerned I would go with that for now and like you said, try everything you can! Good luck with the hospital appointment!

mine took 3 days to even get over the control line!! And then it fluctuated by an entire degree for a couple weeks. If it doesn't go up at all, I would definitely call the doc...but I'd check for a few more days first!

Well, out of 3 cycles charting, this would be the only one that temps didn't rise after positive OPK. I don't want to bug my doc. I had a slow rise last cycle which lead to not 'really' knowing when I ovulated. I thought I ovulated on one day, but Fertility Friend said I ovulated 3 days after that. It does seem though that my temps stop being as erratic right before I ovulate. So maybe it is just going to be another one of those cycles where I am confused as heck for about a week, and then everything becomes clear. *shrug*

However, when I start using that monitor things will probably become much more clearer (I hope) and THEN I might start bugging the doc. lol She already told me in June that if I am not pregnant by January we will start fertility tests and treatments. I am just trying to avoid Clomid and then the more expensive treatments that come after that!

Thanks I ordered a kegel8 today which is supposed to help and also improve orgasms! (that was what clinched it for me lol)

Bubbles & Athena- My temp spiked this morning!!! Talk about relief!!! My OPKs just got more negative as the day progressed yesterday and I was getting very depressed about it. So depressed we didn't even BD last night. Hubby had a sore shoulder and wasn't in the mood and I thought, why bother pushing it, I was definitely not in the mood! Oh well, at least now I am pretty sure (aside from 2 more high temps) I ovulated and I ovulated earlier than the last 2 cycles! Honestly, based on cycle length, I think this is the earliest I have ovulated since January and back then my cycles mostly stayed around 36-37 days. I didn't track BBT before May, so can't be certain of O day. Yayeeeeee! Now as long as my temps stay up for the next 12 days! That is my average luteal phase the past 2 cycles. I don't even care that much that we didn't BD last night, too excited that things weren't screwed up! Plus next cycle I get to start my OvaCue and I just ordered the vaginal sensor too! Hehehe! :)

Ah good news Elpha, it's a good feeling knowing things are at least kind of working as they should down there!

Teach, sounds good too, hope it improves things for you!

Awesome, Elpha! Glad to hear it! You might have still gotten it, you know ;) I read that once your temp spikes, it's too late anyway....so last night probably didn't matter! Crossing my fingers for you!

Awesome, Elpha! Glad to hear it! You might have still gotten it, you know ;) I read that once your temp spikes, it's too late anyway....so last night probably didn't matter! Crossing my fingers for you!

Well, you never know! I don't really have a good feeling about it, but it isn't over until AF sings. :haha: We did use Preseed this cycle. I never really thought I had an 'issue' where we needed to use lubricant, but I thought what the heck, we'll try it. We will just say, I think it made things even MORE fun... hahaha! We both enjoyed it. :blush: It even says on the container 'if you are not pregnant within 6 months of using this product, consult your doctor.' That sure sounds like a confident way to market your product to women TTC. :thumbup:

Good news! After going on a sugar-free diet (prescribed by my doctor to hopefully keep me from cysting) and I started getting my usual ovary pain a few days ago...and today my temp shot up! My day time resting temp is the usual high that is it after ovulating and I feel slightly feverish (could be the sunburn haha).

So that's good news! I ovulated around 10 days earlier than I did last cycle. The sugar-free thing seems to be worth it. I had some serious doubts :p

Good luck everyone!!!
I'm on CD 20. I'm hoping for a BFP. Wouldn't that be a great 1 year anniversary present!? :D

How is everyone doing today? Anyone close to testing yet?

As for me: I'm 3 dpo and already feeling crazy because I have convinced myself I'm already feeling 'pregnancy symptoms' :dohh:

I can't wait to start testing. I just ordered 20x hpt that should arrive on Wednesday.

I'll probably start a testing thread then if anyone would like to stalk; I can add the link once I start it :thumbup:

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"