Baby Dancin' Newlyweds! [WOW!!! 12 bfp!]

Speaking of good looking charts! Sunshine, your chart is looking good too! :)

(Also, I am bored at work... so I appear to be spamming our thread today. haha)

Has anyone tried being every other day for a month? Although it would be hard to keep up might be a good way to catch o.

I 'wanted' to try that... had every intention! Although, my hubby was only excited about it for a couple of days. Basically, he refuses to 'plan' BD. If I tell him that we should try to BD every other day, he says 'I will try' but with an attitude. It is funny really, because in the beginning (before TTC) he wanted to have sex all of the time. I was the one that didn't want to. Now that he has the opportunity, my how the tables have changed. It doesn't help that he has to get up for work at 2:30 in the morning and he typically works 60 hours a week. He is a garbage man, and some nights he is just beat. That is why I don't try to push the issue, although if I know it is a good day to BD I am usually pretty devastated and he notices. *sigh*

This is why I am 'hopeful' that the OvaCue Fertility Monitor will work wonders for me and tell me 5-7 days in advance. Then I can 'pace' it correctly with hubby. Or at least 'hopefully.' Right now, OPKs get so confusing. Sometimes I am just not sure if I should interpret as positive or not.

Totally in the same boat! dh and I were doing it like bunnies before and now that there is 'pressure' he doesn't want to 'plan bd' anymore :dohh: I was lucky to get it out of him at all around o time this month because his folks were stay with us [go figure :haha:]
I hope that the monitor works out well and helps pace things! :thumbup:

Crazy! Just when we think we know what we're doing, it doesn't quite happen like they tell you! FF has kept my prediction as tomorrow to ovulate, even though I started putting in the positive OPKs and EWCM a few days earlier than last cycle. I think my DH thinks I either don't know what I'm talking about or I just change it each day! I try to give him some idea of when we need to BD more, I don't want to put too much pressure on him but now he probably thinks he's done for this month I'm gonna have to tell him to keep going!

Oh, and I am no expert Bubbles... but looking at your chart, and looking at your chart from last cycle (since the link shows both)... your past 3 days look almost identical to the 3 days before you O'd last cycle. I think it REALLY looks like you can expect your temp spike tomorrow!!! (again, no expert! lol)

I agree with Elpha! :dance: [although I'm no expert either]

Speaking of good looking charts! Sunshine, your chart is looking good too! :)

(Also, I am bored at work... so I appear to be spamming our thread today. haha)

Really?? Thank you :dance: I'm totally obsessing right now. Comparing my chart to others on FF, reading all the posts on twoweekwait.com, over analyzing every tiny feeling I have :blush:

Keep spamming, I'm bored too! :haha:

Well, I must at least mention I am no expert either. hehe

Although... we both had a temp spike on 4DPO. :) Maybe that is a GOOD coincidence. My breasts are still pretty sore, but they don't feel any worse than yesterday. Other than that, not really feeling any symptoms. I was exhausted leaving work yesterday. Found myself zoning out quite a bit on my 40 minute drive home. :dohh: However, I get that way a lot when I don't leave my office all day. Now that I am trying a low amylose diet (to help PCOS) I bring my own food and I don't leave for lunch. So I start at a computer for nearly 9 hours straight. I think that will make anybody feel exhausted!

I am still trying to at least make myself hold out until Sunday to test. That will be 10DPO and possibly still too early, but I think the past 2 cycles I have tested at 5-6 DPO. haha Last cycle my OPKs and temps did weird things. FF, countdowntopregnancy.com, and myself all had different O days for me. So at 5 days I thought what the heck. Of course, BFN!

Well, I must at least mention I am no expert either. hehe

Although... we both had a temp spike on 4DPO. :) Maybe that is a GOOD coincidence. My breasts are still pretty sore, but they don't feel any worse than yesterday. Other than that, not really feeling any symptoms. I was exhausted leaving work yesterday. Found myself zoning out quite a bit on my 40 minute drive home. :dohh: However, I get that way a lot when I don't leave my office all day. Now that I am trying a low amylose diet (to help PCOS) I bring my own food and I don't leave for lunch. So I start at a computer for nearly 9 hours straight. I think that will make anybody feel exhausted!

I am still trying to at least make myself hold out until Sunday to test. That will be 10DPO and possibly still too early, but I think the past 2 cycles I have tested at 5-6 DPO. haha Last cycle my OPKs and temps did weird things. FF, countdowntopregnancy.com, and myself all had different O days for me. So at 5 days I thought what the heck. Of course, BFN!

That is pretty neat that we had the same spike. My boobs are still sore, but like yours, not any more sore than yesterday [although it does seem my nips are little more sensitive :shrug:]

I was totally wiped out yesterday; by the time dinner was ready I was having trouble keeping my eyes open. I went to bed around 9:30 :blush: and still felt exhusted today :wacko:

I keep telling myself to hold out, that tomorrow is way too soon [which it totally is] but I also keep wavering back to "I'll have so many tests anyway, so why not?" :rofl: I should wait til Saturday too. Let's see if that happens.

I may have asked you this already, but what brand test do you usually use?

That is pretty neat that we had the same spike. My boobs are still sore, but like yours, not any more sore than yesterday [although it does seem my nips are little more sensitive :shrug:]

I was totally wiped out yesterday; by the time dinner was ready I was having trouble keeping my eyes open. I went to bed around 9:30 :blush: and still felt exhusted today :wacko:

I keep telling myself to hold out, that tomorrow is way too soon [which it totally is] but I also keep wavering back to "I'll have so many tests anyway, so why not?" :rofl: I should wait til Saturday too. Let's see if that happens.

I switched to Wondfo for OPK and Pregnancy. I was able to purchase 100 OPK strips and 20 Pregnancy Strips for $25. They work just as good. At least the OPKs. Actually, I think the Wondfo OPKs work better than the First Response ones I used last cycle.

Also, you should DEFINITELY hold out! Tomorrow is so tempting, but definitely way too soon. You will probably be setting yourself up for disappointment. Whenever I get tempted to test way too early, I read the stats by DPO on countdowntopregnancy.com. They literally have a graph that breaks down positive and negative results by DPO based ONLY on women who were actually pregnant. Women that were not pregnant are not counted in the results. Reading it usually buys me another day at least! :haha: I say I am trying to wait until Sunday, but somehow, I doubt I will be able to hold out.

Happy 4 month anniversary btw Elpha! :wedding:

Oh... YEAH! Thanks for the heads up. ROFL I knew the 21st had some sort of feel for it, but then I thought, 'Oh, we leave for our weekend getaway in one month.' :haha: When I planned that, I also paid no attention to the 21st. Now I can get brownie points with the hubby. :happydance:

Elpha - totally with you on everything you're saying today! My DH used to want to BD far more than me, so I thought it would be me causing the issues when it came to TTC, but now it seems he's not as bothered about it so much which I find so frustrating at fertile times! I don't like to remind him when those times are, but find myself spelling it out to him when he doesn't take the hints! I think that scares him sometimes though and I hate to take the fun out of it all, especially when I don't know how long we might have to try for. I think men maybe worry subconsciously that they are going to fail at the manly task so it puts them off wanting to BD as much without them even realising. My DH is so busy with work at the moment he quite often is fast asleep before I even get to the bedroom!

I know you've probably heard it all before, but I wondered if you had thought of or tried digi
OPKs? I really struggle to read OPKs sometimes, so I got a box of 20 Clearblue digis with the smiley face, and I just use them when I know I'm near O but I'm not sure about the lines. I've had OPKs I was almost convinced were positive or negative and the digi has confirmed the opposite, I would've still been waiting for my positive this cycle if I hadn't decided to just check with a digi. They're quite expensive so I wouldn't use them all the time, but they are great for taking the guess work out of it.

And as for my temp spike coming tomorrow, I think you and sunshine might be right! I had a play around with FF and put in the same temp for tomorrow as my spike last cycle, and then another 2 high temps, and if that happens it gives me crosshairs for today, and a 'high' score for BFP chances! I know it's not totally reliable but I checked my temp a couple of times today, earlier on it stayed around the same as it was when I checked this morning, but by the afternoon it had shot up to the same as my spike last time. So fingers crossed it will be around the same in the morning!

Oh and we may not be experts, but I feel like I totally should be after all the reading and chart stalking I do these days! Experts or not, I totally value and appreciate your advice and opinions girls! :thumbup:

I would like to join. We have been married a year this July and on our 7th month ttc. Good luck everyone!

...and sunshine I know you're a total POASaholic, but I'm majorly in team 'Wait for AF' so I'll talk you out of it if you like! Well I can try!

I switched to Wondfo for OPK and Pregnancy. I was able to purchase 100 OPK strips and 20 Pregnancy Strips for $25. They work just as good. At least the OPKs. Actually, I think the Wondfo OPKs work better than the First Response ones I used last cycle.

Also, you should DEFINITELY hold out! Tomorrow is so tempting, but definitely way too soon. You will probably be setting yourself up for disappointment. Whenever I get tempted to test way too early, I read the stats by DPO on countdowntopregnancy.com. They literally have a graph that breaks down positive and negative results by DPO based ONLY on women who were actually pregnant. Women that were not pregnant are not counted in the results. Reading it usually buys me another day at least! :haha: I say I am trying to wait until Sunday, but somehow, I doubt I will be able to hold out.

You're right, I should hold out. I've read those stats on countdown [told you I'm obsessing :haha:] and it's super interesting and definitely helpful to calm the urge! :thumbup:

Happy 4 month anniversary btw Elpha! :wedding:

Oh... YEAH! Thanks for the heads up. ROFL I knew the 21st had some sort of feel for it, but then I thought, 'Oh, we leave for our weekend getaway in one month.' :haha: When I planned that, I also paid no attention to the 21st. Now I can get brownie points with the hubby. :happydance:

:haha: yeah, I'd says happy anni to my dh on the 17th [instead of the 19th] this month, he was like, "ummm a little early Sunshine" :rofl: :dohh: Oops haha

Elpha - totally with you on everything you're saying today! My DH used to want to BD far more than me, so I thought it would be me causing the issues when it came to TTC, but now it seems he's not as bothered about it so much which I find so frustrating at fertile times! I don't like to remind him when those times are, but find myself spelling it out to him when he doesn't take the hints! I think that scares him sometimes though and I hate to take the fun out of it all, especially when I don't know how long we might have to try for. I think men maybe worry subconsciously that they are going to fail at the manly task so it puts them off wanting to BD as much without them even realising. My DH is so busy with work at the moment he quite often is fast asleep before I even get to the bedroom!

I know you've probably heard it all before, but I wondered if you had thought of or tried digi
OPKs? I really struggle to read OPKs sometimes, so I got a box of 20 Clearblue digis with the smiley face, and I just use them when I know I'm near O but I'm not sure about the lines. I've had OPKs I was almost convinced were positive or negative and the digi has confirmed the opposite, I would've still been waiting for my positive this cycle if I hadn't decided to just check with a digi. They're quite expensive so I wouldn't use them all the time, but they are great for taking the guess work out of it.

And as for my temp spike coming tomorrow, I think you and sunshine might be right! I had a play around with FF and put in the same temp for tomorrow as my spike last cycle, and then another 2 high temps, and if that happens it gives me crosshairs for today, and a 'high' score for BFP chances! I know it's not totally reliable but I checked my temp a couple of times today, earlier on it stayed around the same as it was when I checked this morning, but by the afternoon it had shot up to the same as my spike last time. So fingers crossed it will be around the same in the morning!

I have thought about the digi OPKs, but they are sooooo costly! Especially with my longer than average cycles. Are they packaged separately or do they all come in one pack? For instance, my Wondfo come in their own envelopes so I received 100 blue envelopes with 1 test inside. That way, they don't expire within 30 days. When I purchased the First Response 20 pack (and the Answer strips), they were all in one package and you had to use them within 30 days. If the digi OPKs came individually packaged I may be tempted. Regardless though, I made the decision last cycle to just suck it up and purchase the OvaCue. It is costly... but OPKs could prove just as costly if I have to use so many of them in one cycle and don't conceive right away. I found a used one on eBay for $160. The girl was selling it because she got pregnant the first cycle she used it. Normally they are going for about $249-$300 right now. I wasn't going to purchase the vaginal sensor right away because I would NOT buy that used and it costs $100. I ended up breaking down and using my birthday cash from the family to buy it. It is supposed to be the best way if you are irregular like me. So, as soon as AF shows her face I am using that. Hopefully I won't need to buy digi's or any OPKs anymore, maybe this will be enough to show me my 'best' time for BD.

The BIG shock was that my hubby didn't have a heart attack when I told him the cost. He literally said, 'That isn't that much when you consider how much the other stuff costs and the good reviews for it.' hahahaha I was totally waiting for him to make me feel guilty about buying it. :)

It will be worth every penny once you get that BFP! I'm sure it's a fab piece of kit, and definitely worth it for longer cycles. I guess you don't really need to bother with OPKs, but just for the record the Clearblue digis with the smiley face do come individually foil wrapped, so they're great for using just a couple each cycle like I do.

I would like to join. We have been married a year this July and on our 7th month ttc. Good luck everyone!

Welcome!! I'll add you to page 1! :thumbup: Good luck and baby dust to you! :dust:

...and sunshine I know you're a total POASaholic, but I'm majorly in team 'Wait for AF' so I'll talk you out of it if you like! Well I can try!

:rofl: You are more than welcome to try, but no guarantees it'll work :winkwink:

It will be worth every penny once you get that BFP! I'm sure it's a fab piece of kit, and definitely worth it for longer cycles. I guess you don't really need to bother with OPKs, but just for the record the Clearblue digis with the smiley face do come individually foil wrapped, so they're great for using just a couple each cycle like I do.

Well, that is definitely good to know! They may be nice to have just to 'confirm' what the monitor is saying. Although, I do still have a TON of Wondfo OPKs. haha I was getting myself prepared for the long haul... then I found the OvaCue. I may still look into the Digi's. Thanks for the info! It is good to know.

:rofl: You are more than welcome to try, but no guarantees it'll work :winkwink:[/QUOTE]

On second thoughts... :test:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->