Baby Dancin' Newlyweds! [WOW!!! 12 bfp!]

Can I join in? Ok we are not married yet, but we are getting married in 5 days. We have been TTC for more than a year. I'm currently in the TWW with a few symptoms. Usually I have symptoms every cycle, but I'm trying hard not to think too much about it. :blush:

:hi: welcome!! And how exciting!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! Have a fabulous day :wohoo:

Do you plan to test at all? Lots of luck! I hope you get your wedding bfp!!

Can I join in? Ok we are not married yet, but we are getting married in 5 days. We have been TTC for more than a year. I'm currently in the TWW with a few symptoms. Usually I have symptoms every cycle, but I'm trying hard not to think too much about it. :blush:

:hi: welcome!! And how exciting!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! Have a fabulous day :wohoo:

Do you plan to test at all? Lots of luck! I hope you get your wedding bfp!!

I hope so too! I'll be testing around that time too. It would be a nice wedding gift. :happydance:

5 Days, thats so exciting! All the best for a magical day and fingers crossed for a BFP to :flower: That would be the best wedding gift ever :)

Congrats on the wedding Danielle, hope you have a wonderful day and FX'd for a wedding BFP! X

Teach2, i've only been taking folate vitamins and using OPK's. The OPK's are so pricey here in Australia...we dont have a lot of options brand wise, they are about $20.00 per pack - (5 tests). My cycles are irregular so i was advised to begin testing on CD 10...got the positive OPK last night so that was 8 tests. Never mind, if i continue to test i will buy some online where it's cheaper :winkwink:

xclairx - I'm taking Blackmores Folic acid. All my other vitamin levels are high at the moment so no need to supplement, i will take a pregnancy multi when i fall pregnant though. My doc said to look for one with a minimum of 500mcg of folic acid. :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

I went straight to the cheap opks! But I wasn't regular with them I only took 2 neither were positive. So I have loads left. I'll try to test everyday from when my next o is due or just before.

I started using my days this month but might have to try FF. Does anyone know if either of them change to suit your cycle length or do they stay at the average? I don't know what mine is and was hoping this would help but i can just use a calendar I guess and count the days.

Fertility friend updates as you enter info. I've heard it's a good tool especially for longer cycles.

Thanks for the info, i will definately be getting some soon! I may speak to my doctor and see what he recommends i dont want to take multi's if i dont need them :thumbup:

Danielle: Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :wedding:, its such an amazing day & fingers crossed you get 2 lines!! :bfp:

I agree with previous poster (sorry cant remember name) this should definately have a "Like" button :thumbup:

I am also gonna give the Fertility Friend App on the Iphone a go too.

Sending you all lots of baby dust :dust:

Downloaded the Fertilty Friend app today, feels like it's gonna be ages before I have anything useful to see from it though! My BBT thermometer and OPK's arrived from eBay too, so some more TTC goodies to keep me busy! Think I need to stay away from eBay and google now!

Downloaded the Fertilty Friend app today, feels like it's gonna be ages before I have anything useful to see from it though! My BBT thermometer and OPK's arrived from eBay too, so some more TTC goodies to keep me busy! Think I need to stay away from eBay and google now!

It does all get very addictive doesnt it. Good Luck hun x

I went straight to the cheap opks! But I wasn't regular with them I only took 2 neither were positive. So I have loads left. I'll try to test everyday from when my next o is due or just before.

I started using my days this month but might have to try FF. Does anyone know if either of them change to suit your cycle length or do they stay at the average? I don't know what mine is and was hoping this would help but i can just use a calendar I guess and count the days.

I have noticed that they both change to suit your cycle, it just seems that My Days takes more time to figure out your 'average.' The length of cycle on My Days is relatively close to what my cycles are, but it always estimates about a week short. For somebody who is a regular, X amount of days EACH month type cycle, I am sure it would be fine. For me, I vary between 35-40 days... and sometimes as long as 45 days. So, I think I confuse it. My biggest complaint was that the predicted 'Ovulation' date never makes any sense for me! 'Normal' is ovulating between 12-16 days BEFORE your period starts, but My Days always puts it smack dab in the middle of my cycle. So, sometimes 20 days or more before my period is due. So I don't use My Days to predict ovulation.

Fertility Friend on the other hand... if you do have an 'approximate' cycle length to input it will tell you a much more logical ovulation date. If you don't have an approximate cycle, I am guessing that after one cycle of BBT & CM charting, as well as throwing in some OPK's and such, it will come up with your approximate cycle. Unless you just have a really annovulatory cycle... then I am afraid no app is going to be able to completely help you until you can get better regulated.

All in all, I would 'say' Fertility Friend is a better app overall. Plus it gives you the opportunity to link your chart in forums like this. (Mine is linked below) I mainly like My Days because I think it looks pretty (LOL) and because it keeps the BBT chart going, whereas Fertility Friend and some other sites literally start a BRAND new chart at CD1 and you cannot see on that chart, prior to CD1. You have to reference your past chart. If that makes sense?

Anyhow... super long post! Sorry! lol

I also may have misread a little. I am too new to Fertility Friend to know if it will change every month or stick with an average. I just know that My Days only averages. The average adjusts as your cycles change. So in the beginning when I started charting with My Days (2 years ago) I was an 'average of 33 days' and now I am an 'average of 36 days.' So eventually... over time, it changes.

Newlyweds here too...kind of. A little over 2 years, but I say that's still new :)

We're approaching cycle #1 and would really like every chance to be successful so we've got an OPK, doing BBT, and using preseed. Crossing our fingers!

Newlyweds here too...kind of. A little over 2 years, but I say that's still new :)

We're approaching cycle #1 and would really like every chance to be successful so we've got an OPK, doing BBT, and using preseed. Crossing our fingers!

Welcome! :hi:

Sounds like you're ready to go! Good luck with your first cycle! Hopefully it's the only one you need to get your :bfp:! Lots of baby dust your way!
:dust: :dust: :dust:

Elpha thanks that's really good to know. I'm only really using opks and I'v just started that (half heartedly) Is FF any use if you don't chart? If i'm not pregnant in 6 months to a yr I'll start in earnest for now I just want to know when I o to give us a fighting chance.

ATM according to my days AF should have arrived today. I've had cramps on and off for 3 days now but she's not here yet I'm arguing with myself about whether or not I should be getting hopeful. The pessimist in me is winning but that optimist keeps piping up too! It's doubly annoying because I don't know how long my cycle actually is. I know it's regularly at the end of the month but that's it. I'm cd29 and according to my days 14 days po but who knows. If the witch isn't here by Saturday I'll test.

Elpha thanks that's really good to know. I'm only really using opks and I'v just started that (half heartedly) Is FF any use if you don't chart? If i'm not pregnant in 6 months to a yr I'll start in earnest for now I just want to know when I o to give us a fighting chance.

ATM according to my days AF should have arrived today. I've had cramps on and off for 3 days now but she's not here yet I'm arguing with myself about whether or not I should be getting hopeful. The pessimist in me is winning but that optimist keeps piping up too! It's doubly annoying because I don't know how long my cycle actually is. I know it's regularly at the end of the month but that's it. I'm cd29 and according to my days 14 days po but who knows. If the witch isn't here by Saturday I'll test.

I think that FF will give you some insight even if you don't temp and just track cm and cp [opks are helpful too].

Sure sounds promising that you've had cramping but no sign of AF! :af: I'm supporting your optimist side! :winkwink: I've got my fingers crossed! And good on ya for having the willpower to wait until Saturday to test! I don't think I'd be able to hold out!

I updated the first page [first post] with a list of all of us in this thread and I will continuously update as we ALL get our :bfp: - My goal is to include what cycle # you concieved plus the method(s) used to get pregnant! [i.e. temping, pre-seed, opks, etc.]

Let me know if you'd like anything else to be included on this list
[PLease also feel free to let me know if you'd rather not be included on that list! :thumbup:]

Ooh good idea, I'm in! Although feeling the pressure now, hopefully it spurs us all on for those BFPs!! Nice to feel there is support somewhere when I can't discuss what I'm going through with friends at the moment.

Ooh good idea, I'm in! Although feeling the pressure now, hopefully it spurs us all on for those BFPs!! Nice to feel there is support somewhere when I can't discuss what I'm going through with friends at the moment.

:blush: no pressure, but it is definitely nice to have people in the same boat as you! can all support eachother through this process and hopefully we can share lots of baby dust and all get pregnant quickly!! :happydance:

Yeah, fingers crossed! I like to think we could all be looking back at these posts in a years time when we're at home with our babies, amused that we were all so stressed about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->