Baby Dancin' Newlyweds! [WOW!!! 12 bfp!]

Hi welcome and good luck.
:flower:

Teach - You aren't out til that witch shows! Hopefully she wont!! Fingers crossed for you! Have you tested at all? :af:

Has anyone started taking Folic Acid whilst they are trying to conceive?? I read online that its a good idea to start taking them when you start trying? Advice please? xx

It is definitely a good idea to start taking a prenatal vitamin [with folic acid obviously] while ttc! I started taking them last cycle.
Plus they are awesome for your hair and nails! :thumbup:

Thanks I refuse to test unless I'm a few days late which hasn't happened so I have never taken a test in my life! Hopefully the first one I take will be a BFP :winkwink:

I started taking sanatogen mother to be as soon as we decided to NTNP it has folic acid and 17 other minerals and vitamins.

:saywhat:
I'm not even in the tww of our second cycle trying and I'm already ansy to test :haha: Good on ya though! That's some serious willpower! I really hope the first time you ever test is your :bfp: too! That would be just brilliant!​

No preseed as of yet... that has never been a troublesome department for me, if you know what I mean. :winkwink: I will probably try it down the road if we have no luck, but for now, I don't want to make my DH think I have gone TOO crazy. I have us both taking vitamins, his eating habits are TERRIBLE so I figured it was a good idea! Plus he knows I chart BBT and use OPK's. So, with us only giving it a REAL go since we got married (NTNP for two years before that), I do not want to go too crazy on him. I find that when I do, he feels the pressure and has 'performance anxiety' and well, to spare TMI, he just can't finish. Since we have never needed lubricant of any sorts, I am going to wait a little bit. If we don't conceive by the end of the year I will definitely order it, because next on my doc's list, besides a fertility work up, will be Clomid and I hear that can dry you up.

I totally hear you!
I didn't really want to use the pre-seed at first, but then I figured it can't hurt [I've never really had a problem in that area either, thankfully] but I have heard people that use it get pregnant the first try [may make sperm live longer than they would without] so I figured why not! :winkwink:

hahaha True! Maybe I won't wait til the end of the year! With cycles longer than normal, I do not get as many chances! Maybe if I 'ease' him into it, without him actually seeing the name on the tube... haha!

:saywhat:
I'm not even in the tww of our second cycle trying and I'm already ansy to test :haha: Good on ya though! That's some serious willpower! I really hope the first time you ever test is your :bfp: too! That would be just brilliant!​
[/QUOTE]

LOL it's much cheaper this way and I won't get sick of seeing BFN unnecessarily. I'm all about self preservation and this could become hard enough without adding the extra depression AF is bad enough by herself! :growlmad:

Hi all!

Another newlywed here, May 26th. I stopped taking BCP just before the wedding, and BD plenty on honeymoon! Got to CD36 today and was really starting to panic something was wrong and I was never going to get AF after a BFN on CD32, but she has just showed her ugly face tonight finally! Never thought I'd be pleased to see her, but really pleased things are still working even if it's a longer cycle than I'm used to (was always regular 28 days before BCP and on a few breaks from it), got myself so worried after reading various stories on here, and wondered if I might be waiting months to see AF. Now it feels like we can TTC properly once AF has gone!

Good luck to all x

Hi all!

Another newlywed here, May 26th. I stopped taking BCP just before the wedding, and BD plenty on honeymoon! Got to CD36 today and was really starting to panic something was wrong and I was never going to get AF after a BFN on CD32, but she has just showed her ugly face tonight finally! Never thought I'd be pleased to see her, but really pleased things are still working even if it's a longer cycle than I'm used to (was always regular 28 days before BCP and on a few breaks from it), got myself so worried after reading various stories on here, and wondered if I might be waiting months to see AF. Now it feels like we can TTC properly once AF has gone!

Good luck to all x

:hi: Hi and welcome! Congrats on your wedding!

Glad that the bc hasn't caused af to stay away for a rediculous amount of time! And now that she's here, hopefully she is gone quickly so you can get to TTC! Do you plan to track ovulation any way? [opks, temping..??]
Lots of luck to you!! Sending dust your way!
:dust:

Hi Lovn.sunshine,

Thank you! I was hoping to keep things relaxed for a while first and see what happens, not get too stressed about it, although I was taking pregnacare conception and have just switched to folic acid due to the cost!
I have just bought a BBT thermometer and OPK on ebay, and I have the My Days app on my iPhone to track things, and have already been checking out softcups and pre-seed after reading good things about them on here, so I don't think my just see how it goes approach will last too long! What are your plans?

I have seen that a lot of people use the My Days app, and I used that app for two years... but I would get frustrated because it NEVER tracked my ovulation and fertility right. It would 'guess' and a very poor guess at that since my cycles are typically 35-40 days. It always placed my ovulation exactly in the middle of what it observed as my average cycle. So, if it assumed my cycle was 36 days, it put my ovulation day as day 18 and said I was fertile the six days before. On a 36 day cycle, my ovulation day was more than likely on day 24 or 25 because my LP seems to be 11-12 days. Other than that, I loved the app. I was running it on Droid up until May when I purchased my first iPhone. The My Days app has even more tracking options on iPhone. I just learned to never trust it's ovulation and fertile window. I did recently download the Fertility Friend app, and I think I like it a lot more! It does more accurately track my fertility and ovulation days, as well as let me input OPK's, meds, symptoms, etc.

So I just wanted to throw it out there, that if you find the My Days app doesn't track your ovulation correctly or you would like to input OPK results, you might want to use Fertility Friend as well. I use both, because there are aspects of both I like.

Hi Lovn.sunshine,

Thank you! I was hoping to keep things relaxed for a while first and see what happens, not get too stressed about it, although I was taking pregnacare conception and have just switched to folic acid due to the cost!
I have just bought a BBT thermometer and OPK on ebay, and I have the My Days app on my iPhone to track things, and have already been checking out softcups and pre-seed after reading good things about them on here, so I don't think my just see how it goes approach will last too long! What are your plans?

I heard that pregnacare was very expensive. Oh thanks for the reminder, I wanted to pick up the softcups as well. :thumbup:
Are you going to start temping this cycle or next?
The plan for us is temping [since CD1] & pre-seed starting tonight [cd14] though cd17. I also track my cervix position daily and I've been trying to keep track of my cm but that is getting kind of tough seeing as on days we :sex: there is more than just cm in there, iykwim :blush:

I was thinking of maybe starting to temp this cycle but my kit hasn't arrived yet. I read a bit about cervix position but it doesn't sound like something I'd be able to do properly so think I'll just stick to the other stuff for now. Not sure how well I'll do with temping though as I work 24hr shifts so I would have no idea what time to temp at and it won't be very accurate for me with getting up at different times every day.

I have seen that a lot of people use the My Days app, and I used that app for two years... but I would get frustrated because it NEVER tracked my ovulation and fertility right. It would 'guess' and a very poor guess at that since my cycles are typically 35-40 days. It always placed my ovulation exactly in the middle of what it observed as my average cycle. So, if it assumed my cycle was 36 days, it put my ovulation day as day 18 and said I was fertile the six days before. On a 36 day cycle, my ovulation day was more than likely on day 24 or 25 because my LP seems to be 11-12 days. Other than that, I loved the app. I was running it on Droid up until May when I purchased my first iPhone. The My Days app has even more tracking options on iPhone. I just learned to never trust it's ovulation and fertile window. I did recently download the Fertility Friend app, and I think I like it a lot more! It does more accurately track my fertility and ovulation days, as well as let me input OPK's, meds, symptoms, etc.

So I just wanted to throw it out there, that if you find the My Days app doesn't track your ovulation correctly or you would like to input OPK results, you might want to use Fertility Friend as well. I use both, because there are aspects of both I like.

I second this - I really like fertility friend so far! Seems very detailed and accurate!

I was thinking of maybe starting to temp this cycle but my kit hasn't arrived yet. I read a bit about cervix position but it doesn't sound like something I'd be able to do properly so think I'll just stick to the other stuff for now. Not sure how well I'll do with temping though as I work 24hr shifts so I would have no idea what time to temp at and it won't be very accurate for me with getting up at different times every day.

Eeak, yeah, temping may be hard for you to track if you aren't able to get a solid 4 hours of sleep before. OPKs may be the best at helping you track O since you don't need any sleep to get accurate results on that! :thumbup:

I think I Facebook too much, I want to 'Like' so many of comments I see! I think I am going to have to steal Lovn.sunshine's little side note in her signature and put it in mine! The thank button can be my new like button!

I think I Facebook too much, I want to 'Like' so many of comments I see! I think I am going to have to steal Lovn.sunshine's little side note in her signature and put it in mine! The thank button can be my new like button!

:winkwink:

Eeak, yeah, temping may be hard for you to track if you aren't able to get a solid 4 hours of sleep before. OPKs may be the best at helping you track O since you don't need any sleep to get accurate results on that! :thumbup:

I usually do get at least 4 hours solid sleep, it's just at all different times each day and I thought to be accurate with temping it needed to be done at the same time each day when you just woke up?

As for the My Days app, I've only been using it for around 2 months so it's not very accurate just yet, might see how it goes a bit longer but will probably start using Fertility Friend too as a lot have said good things about it on here.

I usually do get at least 4 hours solid sleep, it's just at all different times each day and I thought to be accurate with temping it needed to be done at the same time each day when you just woke up?

As for the My Days app, I've only been using it for around 2 months so it's not very accurate just yet, might see how it goes a bit longer but will probably start using Fertility Friend too as a lot have said good things about it on here.

Hhmm... I know that technically you should temp at the same time each day but I'd think as long as you have the 4 hours solid sleep, it should give you a fairly accurate indication of fertile time... :shrug:

It is best to try to test around the same time everyday to read results because your temp changes, even as you sleep. As much as I hate it, I still set the alarm for 5:30 am on Saturday and Sunday so that I can temp. Usually I cannot fall back to sleep after. *sigh*

I don't know what your schedule looks like, being 24 hours that would be really difficult. Might have to just stick to CM, OPK's, and CP if you can figure that out. I never could figure that one out. lol

Good luck!

It is best to try to test around the same time everyday to read results because your temp changes, even as you sleep. As much as I hate it, I still set the alarm for 5:30 am on Saturday and Sunday so that I can temp. Usually I cannot fall back to sleep after. *sigh*

I don't know what your schedule looks like, being 24 hours that would be really difficult. Might have to just stick to CM, OPK's, and CP if you can figure that out. I never could figure that one out. lol

Good luck!

I've only read a bit about CP and already decided it's something I won't be able to figure out! Think I'll just stick to CM and OPK's, although will try temping with my crazy shifts and see how it goes.

Can I join in? Ok we are not married yet, but we are getting married in 5 days. We have been TTC for more than a year. I'm currently in the TWW with a few symptoms. Usually I have symptoms every cycle, but I'm trying hard not to think too much about it. :blush:

Hi welcome and good luck.
:flower:

What are you doing that's so expensive? So far iv only paid for prenatal vitamins and cheap opks. According to my phone app AF is due tomorrow and i had some pain the day before yesterday so I think I'm out this month but it means my cycle is the average length which is good. Just need to pin point o properly this month was v slack with testing!

Has anyone started taking Folic Acid whilst they are trying to conceive?? I read online that its a good idea to start taking them when you start trying? Advice please? xx

Teach2, i've only been taking folate vitamins and using OPK's. The OPK's are so pricey here in Australia...we dont have a lot of options brand wise, they are about $20.00 per pack - (5 tests). My cycles are irregular so i was advised to begin testing on CD 10...got the positive OPK last night so that was 8 tests. Never mind, if i continue to test i will buy some online where it's cheaper :winkwink:

xclairx - I'm taking Blackmores Folic acid. All my other vitamin levels are high at the moment so no need to supplement, i will take a pregnancy multi when i fall pregnant though. My doc said to look for one with a minimum of 500mcg of folic acid. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->