Baby Dancin' Newlyweds! [WOW!!! 12 bfp!]

Ladies Ive been on a site that says day of ov is not the best day to concieve, the day before and even the day before that (2 days) are much better days to BD because little swimmers are stronger, anyone else have any theories, I always though day of ov was best.

You could try the SMEP (speem meets egg plan). Google it for exact specifics, but I believe you BD every other day starting on CD10 and then when you get your first OPK positive, you BD every day for three days, then take one day off and BD one last time the next day just 'to be safe.' It is something really similar to that, but if you google you can find a better explanation. I have a longer cycle but decided to give it a go... a lot of people have had luck with it. In theory it makes sense. :)

All in all, nothing wrong with BD'ing on the day of ovulation. The egg can survive 12-24 hours, so what does it hurt! :)

Good golly... typing on my phone causes typos... sperm not speem!!! Haha

And welcome to all of our NEW peeps!

:dust: to all!!!

Welcome everyone whose new! Lots of baby dust sent your way. A name would be cute! Heres some ideas I have for one.

Newlyweds Looking for a Bump
Babydancing Newlyweds

Ladies have you heard anything about men and hot baths. My DH likes to take a nice relaxing bath like once every few days. I have argued with him on this issue because I have read that it's not good for baby making. He did his own research and said we would be fine but I'm scared he is going to hurt our chances. I mean am I over obsessing about this?

Ladies have you heard anything about men and hot baths. My DH likes to take a nice relaxing bath like once every few days. I have argued with him on this issue because I have read that it's not good for baby making. He did his own research and said we would be fine but I'm scared he is going to hurt our chances. I mean am I over obsessing about this?

I totally hear your concern. I was concerned the fact that my dh likes to wear briefs that that would hurt his sperm count. I asked my doctor and she said that it shouldn't have a huge effect on a healthy man, but if I was worried I should have dh switch to loose boxers a few days before my fertile period and during so as to not hurt his sperm count.
Maybe you can suggest to your dh to avoid the hot baths around your fertile time, just in case?

Thank you! Maybe its not too bad. He will definitely be able to comply with not going in the hot water during our fertile period.
I didn't know briefs decreased the sperm count... My DH also wears briefs... Guess I will go shopping for boxers tomorrow. :)

I wouldn't worry back in the day my parents didn't have a shower and dad managed 4 kids on at least 1 bath a day! :dust:

Ladies Ive been on a site that says day of ov is not the best day to concieve, the day before and even the day before that (2 days) are much better days to BD because little swimmers are stronger, anyone else have any theories, I always though day of ov was best.

You could try the SMEP (speem meets egg plan). Google it for exact specifics, but I believe you BD every other day starting on CD10 and then when you get your first OPK positive, you BD every day for three days, then take one day off and BD one last time the next day just 'to be safe.' It is something really similar to that, but if you google you can find a better explanation. I have a longer cycle but decided to give it a go... a lot of people have had luck with it. In theory it makes sense. :)

All in all, nothing wrong with BD'ing on the day of ovulation. The egg can survive 12-24 hours, so what does it hurt! :)

Thank you I will look it up today, yeah makes sense alright. I also have a long cycle, Af is due Tuesday, I got a little ahead of myself last night and did test but got :bfn: now I'm kicking myself. :dohh: so if Af arrives I'll try this approach next month. Thanks, oh love the name too... :thumbup:

Ah baby dancing newlyweds is a good name, I've been trying to think of some suggestions but got no further than 'Mission Bump'....oh dear!

I've read a few people following the SMEP now so might give it a go, just not sure with me being on longish unpredictable cycles at the moment, could mean a lot of BDing and I don't want us to burn out on the first few attempts!

Love the name Babydancing Newlyweds! :thumbup:

Welcome to all the new joiners to this lovely group lots of babydust your way :dust:

As for the the whole bath thing, i wouldnt worry too much about that, we can all get ourselves so obssessed with these things & then forget that the stress we put ourselves under is also not great for TTC and takes all the fun out of it. Try to keep the magic ladies :winkwink: after all TTC is stressful enough we must try to enjoy what we can lol.

Only a few more days for us before were in the TWW :happydance:

I thought it would also be fun for us all to say when we will all be testing & praying for our :bfp:

We will be testing on the 14th July, i tend to come on my period early every month so if AF hasnnt showed its self by then i will be very excited :happydance: x

Thank you I will look it up today, yeah makes sense alright. I also have a long cycle, Af is due Tuesday, I got a little ahead of myself last night and did test but got :bfn: now I'm kicking myself. :dohh: so if Af arrives I'll try this approach next month. Thanks, oh love the name too... :thumbup:

We are definitely trying the SMEP currently! Of course, my DH doesn't know it. All he knows is that he is getting sex quite often. Anytime where it is actually ME initiating, he is a happy guy! Quite glad we got it in last night though, because today it is supposed to be 106 degrees and he is a garbage man. I am guessing when I get home from work, he will be showered and passed out! Heat like this takes everything out of him. Last night was hard enough, he had begun to fall asleep. I had to spice things up a bit... :blush:

Ah baby dancing newlyweds is a good name, I've been trying to think of some suggestions but got no further than 'Mission Bump'....oh dear!

I've read a few people following the SMEP now so might give it a go, just not sure with me being on longish unpredictable cycles at the moment, could mean a lot of BDing and I don't want us to burn out on the first few attempts!

Do you have a 'rough' idea of your cycle length? I know that mine range from 35-to AT MOST 45, so I don't start right on CD10 like they seem to suggest. My ovulation is usually between CD24-CD30, so I think in future cycles I will start around CD18 or so. My hubby has an extremely high sex drive, so he would be totally find with every other day ALL of the time! :dohh:

Love the name Babydancing Newlyweds! :thumbup:

Welcome to all the new joiners to this lovely group lots of babydust your way :dust:

As for the the whole bath thing, i wouldnt worry too much about that, we can all get ourselves so obssessed with these things & then forget that the stress we put ourselves under is also not great for TTC and takes all the fun out of it. Try to keep the magic ladies :winkwink: after all TTC is stressful enough we must try to enjoy what we can lol.

Only a few more days for us before were in the TWW :happydance:

I thought it would also be fun for us all to say when we will all be testing & praying for our :bfp:

We will be testing on the 14th July, i tend to come on my period early every month so if AF hasnnt showed its self by then i will be very excited :happydance: x

Because my actual O day can vary, I will wait to figure out when I will test until I can confirm it happened. It should happen by July 3rd, but I am already showing pre-O signs that indicate it could be sooner. So, with that in mind, I will probably be testing around July 15th... or sooner because I have very little patience. hahaha

My hubby and I just got married June 8th, we knew we wanted to start TTC right away. I'm on CD22 right now and my cycles are normally 28-29 days. Best guess is that I'm 9DPO today. Planning to test early on July 2nd since it's my Hubby's birthday & we think that would be a pretty amazing gift! AF isn't due until July 6th tho, so hoping for an early BFP & no AF!

We are definitely trying the SMEP currently! Of course, my DH doesn't know it. All he knows is that he is getting sex quite often. Anytime where it is actually ME initiating, he is a happy guy! Quite glad we got it in last night though, because today it is supposed to be 106 degrees and he is a garbage man. I am guessing when I get home from work, he will be showered and passed out! Heat like this takes everything out of him. Last night was hard enough, he had begun to fall asleep. I had to spice things up a bit... :blush:

Ive been googling SMEP but little confused. at the moment I am using a planner on my iPhone havent used opk yet. So on cd10 you start to bd and do it every day till you ov and for 3 days after?? Is that right??
Ill have to just do it, dh knows there is something up today because of :bfn: last night I'm not in great form today. He wants me to relax... Easy said than done, I didn't tell him bout :bfn: cause he knows af not due till tuesday... :dohh:

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well today!

Seemed like the majority was for BabyDancin' Newlyweds so I've updated the thread title and have created a link you can use for your siggy, if you'd like! :thumbup: :happydance:

https://img33.glitterfy.com/12180/glitterfy2104220T411D31.gif[//img][//URL]

[B]copy and paste the code above into your siggy and remove the second / from both the [//img] and the [//url] at the end [I only added that so it shows you the url code!] [/B]

Let me know if you have any issues! I added it to my siggy so you can see what it looks like. if you click it, it links to this thread!
And please don't worry if you don't wish to use it! It's all just for fun! :thumbup:

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"