baby gadgets u cant live without

nilllabean26

Reaction score
I saw this awesome pacifier that checks temperature. Heck... I'd use it for myself too; )

I Also saw this absolutely neat food dispenser. So basically it's a spoon,and attached to the spoon is a somewhat large sphere with food inside. All u need to do is push a button, and food comes out. Nice energy clean!!

Lastly,I saw this infomercial on the best carseat idea Ive ever seen. I don't remember the name of it, so if it rings a bell to u, let me knowwplz. Ty. So basically with normal carseats, it's a bit of a struggle to slide the seatbelt through the base. This care away folded backwards while still being attached at the base so that u could easily slide the seatbelt through and then close the top of the carseat so it's secure. it was one in the morning when I saw this and I'm hoping it wasnt a dream because I can't find it anywhere online. Help needed: )

Anywho.. what are ur fav gadgets ladies? Gadgets that u use Lol. Not ones where u don't know where they are and they're dusty: p

Sorry for bad autocorrect typos

I used the dummy that can take a temp with DD and it gave me the wrong temp quite a few times. Often too high! So I believe in the digital infrared one that you hold against baby's forehead or ear.

I also like the spoons that changes colour and tells you when the food is still too hot. Often you will get that the sides of the bowl are cooler, but once you get in the middle the food will sometimes still be too warm for baby.

I never used a bottle steriliser, but I am keen to try the mam anti-colic ones since they can be individually sterilised in the microwave and will help tons when we visit family etc. Planning on breastfeeding and expressing.

I have a whole list of stuff though, but don't think they all count as gadgets. Lol

Who are you calling the dummy? :( I hope not your hubby Lol. Or the Dr?

We refer to a pacifier as a dummy. Lol it's like test dummies in cars etc "not the real thing"

The pacifier with the temp didn't work for me either. I think most of my gadgets did end up dusty in a drawer somewhere. LOL There are so many unnecessary things for babies out there. I've never heard of the car seat thing, but I've also never had a car seat that was difficult to get the belt thru the base. Plus, once the base is attached, it's attached. I mean, you don't usually get it in and out of the car. I honestly can't think of a gadget that I couldn't live without. Now, baby items, like a bouncer YES, couldn't live without it.

The pacifier with the temp didn't work for me either. I think most of my gadgets did end up dusty in a drawer somewhere. LOL There are so many unnecessary things for babies out there. I've never heard of the car seat thing, but I've also never had a car seat that was difficult to get the belt thru the base. Plus, once the base is attached, it's attached. I mean, you don't usually get it in and out of the car. I honestly can't think of a gadget that I couldn't live without. Now, baby items, like a bouncer YES, couldn't live without it.
With my bro and sis, instead of buying 4 car seats, we just got it out of one car and took it to another when it was time with someone else. For me. Every weekend. It was quite a hassle. But this one was nice because of it being adjustable as well. Also it turned into a carseat that's why.. I remember now. U had to take the base apart for this because the base was actually the stroller. So u placed it on the ground and then legs unfolded when u pushed a button and u could full handles out. I'm assuming this is why they spent a lot of time talking about it being easy to put back in the car. It was baby blue and gray. Also, it was only for newborns. So when ur baby grew, u would have to get a new stroller/carseat .

i think the only *gadgets* i had for DD1 was the angel care baby monitor & a pink swing from Argos, perfect & she loved the swing .. as for food dispensers,dummy's with temp checker n stuff i honestly didnt know that kinda stuff existed until reading this post haha!! .. i also never used a steriliser either, good old fashion boiling of the kettle lol

happy last few weeks ladies :) xo

I have a little turtle that gives the temp of the water while bathing. Loved it until it stopped working around 10 weeks lol.

I have a cover for my car seat that is amazing. It has fleece on the inside and is very warm. It zips up and is great for cold days rather than putting on tons of layers on the baby.

Also agree on the AngelCare baby monitor. Works great and gives peace of mind. It detects breathing movements and will alarm if it doesn't detect baby. Only had one false alarm.

Ive just had my third cant say up until now ive not found any baby gadget to be much use.

Although using tommee tippee perfect prep has made bottle times 10x quicker and easier than with the other 2.

The only ones we have used are the angel care monitor and the growegg room thermometer.
and a weeny jug with built in masher that was good for steaming fruit and veg i the microwave.

The one gadget I've bought this time is the tommee tippee perfect prep machine, as baby isn't here yet I haven't had chance to test it yet though! I also saw a thermometer the other day that was contactless, you just hold it near the baby and apparently it gives a reading, not sure how good they are, but I intend to have a good look into one, when baby is unwell and asleep, you don't want to be sticking things in their ears to check temp, if it works it sounds a great idea!

Katherinegrey, that thermometer is the infrared digital one and works wonders. Our pediatricians only use those since they are so accurate and it's fuss free. My daughter don't like it when I take her temp and you always have to add .6 degrees since it's under the arm etc etc so I really like that fancy thermometer. It's a bit more expensive than the others, but worth it!

I love the Gro Egg room thermometer. Always found it so comforting to know my daughter's room wasn't too hot or too cold. Plus you don't have to put a light on to check as it glows different colours depending on whether it's too hot/cold/just right x

Yes, the tommee tipee perfect prep machine is amazing!! I never bothered getting one until this time around and it's been a life saver :thumbup:

https://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/uk/pcs/aplus/Tommee_Tippee_Closer_to_Nature_Perfect_Prep_Machine_large.jpg

that looks cool. thanks ladies

also https://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/15/4a/7f/154a7f5bf25ae06bdd177c282d207f50.jpg

that looks cute :p

i saw this on tv. would any of u buy this? lol i wouldnt https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AqP8oDp0GiA/SH_S1JpdWoI/AAAAAAAAABg/82Ql1zZMTz4/s400/mop%5B1%5D.jpg

xr-010_2z-1-645x6451.jpg

120220072007-mhealth-2-horizontal-large-gallery-645x36311.jpg

Boon-Squirt-Purple-top-645x645.jpg

i wanted to buy that ultrasound one sooo bad, until i saw one for 10,000 lol .. im like forget this lol

I fear for any child whose parents would put them in a mopsuit....Other than just for giggles. Imagine all the ickys that could pick up for baby to have right at his/her fingertips...Because even a reasonably clean floor, is still a floor.

A few of these products I found intriguing...until I started thinking about it.

The Tommee Tippee thing looked good at first...until I realized I could essentially do the same thing with my Keurig without spending another $100.

The pacifier that closes, I wanted that at first...but couldn't that be a hazard for little fingers?

The thermometer one is adorable, but the mouth is the worst place to check a child's temperature, so I can't imagine this being accurate.

Though I will have to find something cute to use to check bath water temperature, I hadn't thought of that yet!

Maybe that's just the cheapskate in me talking though, I typically need a very good reason to splurge on a purchase, and absolutely everything I buy is entirely too researched and planned.

The paci thermometer is a no-no to me as well since tried and tested, but the infrared one......oh yes! Since you can keep it against baby's forehead or ear and getting the reading. Much more accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->