Baby On Board - Due August/September 2014

Congratulations Belle! So happy you were able to conceive your miracle baby.

JJsmom, we still have to tell our family too. We're not thrilled about it because they drove me and DH crazy while I was pg with DS. My mom and MIL were ridiculous constantly whining about being left out even though there was nothing for them to be involved in. Seriously, it's like they just wanted to be the one pregnant. Plus so many other things that they did that just caused me stress and upset.

Any ideas on how you're announcing (or anyone else for that matter)? We just called our family last time (we live too far away to be making trips to do it in person, especially while dealing with MS) but that seemed to make our family think they could call us every day and harass us about the pregnancy and the doctor appointments and basically act like I had no clue what I was doing. So we're doing a different approach this time and sending a e-mail to the immediate family with a picture of my DS and a caption that says "DS has a 'big' announcement" and in the picture he'll be wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm going to be a big brother". I really want to make DS as involved as possible since I worry that a lot of people are going to overlook him now that their is a new baby coming into the picture and I definitely don't want that.

tropicsgirl, just think of the sleepless nights as practice for the later months of pregnancy when you're getting up to use the bathroom multiple times and for when your LO arrives. At 10 months, my DS still doesn't STTN. I think at this point, DH and I won't even be phased by the lack of sleep when baby #2 arrives.

Sarah, glad to see you back here. I updated the first post with your due date. I found my MS with DS got worse before it got better so hopefully yours is ending soon. Though mine is very manageable I struggled with DS until 14-15 weeks before I got some relief so I'm just not expecting it to go away for awhile.

I Love Lucy, last time I just called my family up as soon as it was confirmed by the doc pee test (so 4 weeks) and told my sis, mom, and dad. My mom wasn't happy at all and I'm like seriously??? Because with DS1 I waited til I was 12 weeks (I had a miscarriage previously) and my mom flipped out on me. She did again and when I talked to my sis (who lived with my mom) she was excited and she talked to my mom and calmed her down. She explained to her that I was in a complete different scenario than I was with DS1 and that I was getting married and having a family and that my DH is a great guy. Then all of a sudden my mom was excited. This time she'll probably be flipped out cause I waited so long again. But honestly, I haven't felt too pregnant and maybe it's just because it's my third, but it's like I feel the pains and slight nausea, but maybe I'm just not connected to it yet because the off dates.

For announcing I talked to DH and we've decided to buy grandma cards for V-day and put a pic of the ultrasound in there and mail them to them. The only ultrasound I have is when I was 7+3 so just a blob in there, but I don't know when I'll get another one. I don't know how much private scans are either around here and I'd hate to pay for one so early when I'd love to have a 3D/4D when I'm further along.

tropicsgirl, hope you're able to get on Medicaid as soon as you get back too. Just make sure you get everything filled out right before you leave or else it could take a couple months before you get your approval letter. Well of course unless you get one of those presumptive eligibility forms. I had to apply because since I decided to be a SAHM and DH works 2 jobs (he doesn't get insurance at either) we aren't eligible and the stinking Obamacare is so expensive it's crazy, at least for us. DH is working on losing 5 more pounds so he can get into the military. Only problem is he was supposed to lose it last week but then we had his mom's birthday and then my DS1's birthday and he said he didn't eat any bread but ate cake almost every day last week and ice cream. Then he wondered why he gained 1 pound. LOL! So this week he's hitting the gym and drinking his water and I'm cooking healthier dinners. Sorry, went off rambling a bit. I just woke up a bit ago and figured DS2 would wake up but hasn't yet. Guess I should go back to sleep so he wakes up as soon as I pass back out. LOL! Hope y'all have a great night!

Ilovelucy, yes...I guess I'll have to think of it like that haha!

Families respond in all sorts of different ways it seems...I thought my parents would be upset, but actually they were quite calm and collected and seem quite excited to be first time grandparents! It's my older brother who seems to not react so well! Though maybe he always thought he'd be first since he's older...or maybe he's just in shock haha!

JJsmom, thats a good idea. I can ask my parents to help me out with that while I am over here. I want to get that sorted out as soon as I can and not have to worry about it when I get over there.

I would like to get 3d scans as well...do they offer them to you or do you usually have to ask for them? Are they much more expensive?

I was feeling great this morning, just tired...then tonight of course I have off and on nausea. Nighttime is the worst for me. :( And now my DH is visiting home at the moment and it's kind of lonely! But I guess I should appreciate my alone time while I can still have it!

I had a 3D scan at my 20 week appointment. DH just asked if they were able to do a 3D scan and they said yes and she got us a lot of pictures and such of DS. My icon picture is one of them. I don't know what it costs as I'm double insured so I rarely have anything to pay.

Sorry you feel poorly at night tropicsgirl! Hope it starts easing up on you.

The 3D/4D scan costs $120 as they are elective and it is a 20 minute ultrasound where you get a DVD with images and a few clips on it. It specifies it is NOT covered by insurance. Last year with DS2, they asked if I was going to get it and I said we were thinking about it. She changed the things real fast and showed us and that's where I got my profile pic from. She gave me a couple good pics of him and a video of him. So I decided I didn't need to purchase it since she did it for me, even if it was only a couple of minutes long. :) And they only do them for established patients. There aren't a lot of locations that do them in my town. I could probably drive an hour or two and find better prices but adding gas, I doubt it.

I was in the hospital for nearly 3 days with bad ms couldn't keep water down even. Starting to feel better & I have an appointment on the 11th.

Oh no Jett!! Hope your ms starts going away! Glad you're feeling a little better. :hugs:

Me too I'm just glad I've been able to keep stuff down now & hoping the worse is over.

eek, that's horrible!! I hope it passes soon :nope:

I've been having cramps a fair amount, mostly at night, still. Worse than they were before - but then I realised I haven't been to the toilet in a week :blush: I went today and I feel good :haha:

The only other symptom I really have anyone is tiredness.. yaaaaawn. Everything else is mostly gone! Other than headaches, actually.

My 3D ultrasound wasn't 20 minutes. She just switched over to 3D/4D and took a few pictures for us. Like 10 and then she went back to the regular 2D and started taking all the measurements and such that she needed to do. Maybe since it wasn't what they would do for $120 is why I didn't have to pay anything.

Jett, that sounds awful! I always think I have MS really bad with the 24/7 nausea but I really don't when you consider how hard people with hyperemesis have it. Hopefully MS goes away for you soon. We both have appointments on the same day. I'm so excited about it since I get another ultrasound that I keep forgetting that DH's birthday is on the 10th. :haha:

modified, I'm glad you were able to go to the bathroom, hopefully that helps with the cramping. I'm really glad that this time around I only seem to miss a day rather than going a week without having a BM as that was just awful.

AFM, my DH is sick. I'm really hoping I don't catch it because with DS to look after and MS already I will just be miserable. DH has been sleeping downstairs though and washing his hands constantly so he's trying really hard to keep me from getting it but ugh, nothing worse then being sick while pregnant.

I've also been thinking a lot about it and I think this baby is going to be my last. I've been telling DH that if we were to have a third I would want to wait a few years so I can have some time to have my body back to myself. I've been pregnant or breastfeeding since summer of 2012, I just need a break. Then I just keep thinking that because this baby and DS will be so close in age that they'll be really close so I imagine them always playing together and a third baby would always be alone which would make me feel bad. Not to mention, we'll be going through potty training and teething and maybe back to having some kind of normal night of sleep and I don't know if I would want to disrupt that by bringing another baby home and pretty much starting all over. Obviously, it's still early and DH and I aren't going to go the route of any kind of permanent birth control in case my feelings change but it's just interesting to me how my feelings have kind of changed as I used to always say I definitely want 3 but now 2 sounds far more appealing.

Jett, feel better soon!!

Modified, I know that feeling...I haven't been able to do "that" haha...in 3 days and already I feel miserable. I just want to "get it out!!" haha!

Feeling so tired. Was late to work today because I literally could not get myself out of bed. I haven't felt this exhausted since...well...never! It's annoying because my co-teachers know about my pregnancy but don't seem to empathize (one has even been pregnant before, albeit a long time ago...) It's like.. oh, you don't look pregnant so you must feel fine...argh.

Ilovelucy, I can imagine it would be nice to have a break in between pregnancies. At this point, I'm not even thinking about having a 2nd kid...I think I'd want space in between (but everyone's different). I think siblings all tend to be fairly close despite age differences...at least the ones I've observed seem to be like that.
I hope you don't get sick! Being sick on top of being pregnant would be awful...I always hope that my students (I'm a primary teacher,) don't get me sick...but sometimes it is inevitable!

I'd love a big family but I cannot ever imagine going through the stress and worry that this pregnancy has been again!

I think I just in general for more negative about this pregnancy then what I was the first time around because I wasn't exactly ready to go through all the awful stuff again. I had never intended to even start TTC until DS was at least a year but DH was just so broody so I gave in to NTNP thinking it wouldn't happen for awhile because of how irregular my cycles were due to breastfeeding. Go figure we catch the egg as soon as we stop preventing. :dohh: Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this baby but going through pregnancy with a 10 month old is so hard.

Oh haaaaaay! My name's Phoebe, I'm coming up to 11 weeks, am due on September 4th and I feel sick as a dawg. Hehe, sounds like an alcoholics anonymous intro :p

Welcome Phoebe, I've added you to the first post. I'm right there with you on the feeling sick. Hopefully we won't be dealing with MS much longer as we all start moving into second trimester.

Congrats Phoebe! :)

I haven't felt sick either! Had minor nose bleeding today (only a little blood when I blew). I assume it's related to my pregnancy because they say you can get nosebleeds (though I wouldn't call it a nosebleed as it was so little).

Ilovelucy, that;s tough. :( I can't even imagine having a 10 month old and being pregnant..but then again many women have done it that way. Hopefully your DH is helping you out and it will get better once the 2nd trimester comes around.

I definitely couldn't imagine having another kid and being pregnant too! Watching my nephew on skype is exhausting enough :haha:

Modified, I hope that means your MS is gone for good!!

tropicsgirl, nosebleeds are definitely normal in pregnancy. I remember with DS I was sitting down watching tv and felt something coming out of my nose, thought it was just snot due to allergies or something but nope, it was blood. I only had a nosebleed like that one time though. Also glad to hear you haven't been having much trouble with MS, hopefully it's gone for good for you as well.

AFM, announced to immediate family last night. Everyone was really excited and I didn't have to deal with any negative comments about not being told as soon as I found out like I was worried about happening. Have my 12 week appointment at 3 this afternoon so will probably announce to the rest of the world after that just so I can get it all out of the way.

I Love Lucy, it is very difficult being pregnant and having a little one already! My 8 month old is very demanding and on top of that I babysit 2 boys, 2 and 4. I'm having a real hard time with everything and when I ask my 10 yr old for help...forget it. He gets irritated by it. At least my hubby helps here and there when he's home! I usually try to wait and go to the store when he's with me because he can carry so much. LOL! Once your new LO is here, hopefully it'll be a little easier...hopefully. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->