Baby On Board - Due August/September 2014

JJsmom, it sucks that your mum jumped on the phone to your sister right away and even moreso that, when you eventually got back on the phone to her, she asked when you were going to tell - despite already having told your sister you had news for her! Sorry that happened. I'm glad your mum is excited though :thumbup:

tropicsgirl, I worry like mad in the run up to every scan! I've been having cramps the past week or so too, similar to af cramps, and I feel normal! No symptoms whatsoever! And haven't, again, for the past week or so! You're be okay :hugs:

We booked our private gender scan today :) A little under 3 weeks away and the day after my 16 week midwife appointment :)

It was a bit of a pain, but it all turned out in the end after I got Colt to sleep :) Told my Granny today and she can't believe it. She told me I better not have any more until the 2 I have are out of college, but she said if we're happy that's all that matters.

tropicsgirl, it's hard when you don't feel pregnant...just waiting on that 12 week scan. I'm hoping after my doc appt that I can schedule a scan as well even though I'll be 11 weeks when I have my appt. It's so scary when you can't feel them kicking yet and afraid up until you see that heart flickering on the scan. At this point in our trimester though most symptoms are going to start going away for the second trimester if they haven't disappeared all together yet. :hugs:

Talk about weird dreams! Have any of you read the Vampire Academy series or the Bloodlines series? I've had some of those characters in my dreams the last cpl of nights!

I WISH all my symptoms would go away. Despite all of DH's efforts to keep me from getting sick, I now seem to have some kind of sinus infection. My whole head hurts and I'm stuck dealing with morning sickness. I'm miserable. :( Which is why I will probably be slacking in this thread until I start to feel better.

JJsmom, glad everyone you told has been really excited for you. But that does suck that your mom pretty much told your sister something was up before even asking you when you were going to tell other people. Glad it all worked out though. Also, I've read VA and Bloodlines, I tend to dream about them while I'm reading them. I get so into them that I dream about reading them. Then I wake up and go back to reading them and I get all confused. :haha:

tropicsgirl, sorry you're stressing about MMC. I've done that in both of my pregnancies even though I know they're so rare. Like 1% of MC's are this type. Just try to remind yourself that it's unlikely that you would have a MMC and that baby is perfectly fine in your belly.

Modified, so exciting about your private scan. I'm so anxious to find out the gender so I'm really hoping that the genetic testing we did works out okay otherwise we're stuck waiting until 20 weeks and that's just if the baby cooperates at that time. I don't think they let you book early scans or anything like that to find out the gender at the office I go to. Are you hoping for one gender over the other? Any theories on what gender the baby is?

This is at a private clinic so had to be paid for. I got a 50% off voucher at my 8 week scan but they had a 50% off sale on so will save the voucher for a later 3D scan! They say if baby isn't cooperating, you can have a sugary drink, go for a short walk and come back. If there's still nothing, they let you come back another day for free. I can't wait :D I put a thread up here and half said boy, half said girl!

JJsmom- u know what is crazy about your mom/sister story? is my mom and sister are the same exact way. That is so wrong and so shitty that your mom ruined the news for you. that's something you should be able to announce. That makes me mad just thinking about it! I've been there with my family though. It's rough and stressful. Sorry it didn't turn out as planned. That's family for ya.

tropics - you sound exactly like me. I was googling about MMC and it became my worst fear which made me buy a doppler. I feel a lot better and reassured to hear babies hb. I also don't have any symptoms. I have sore bbs every once in a great while but no sickness this whole pregnancy. I guess we're just lucky. it does make you start thinking the worst though. I seriously wouldn't know I was pregnant right now without a test.

I Love Lucy, Hope you feel better! Sorry you're so miserable!!

It stinks that my mom did that, but it's OK! Everyone knows now. :) My MIL found out today. My DH was worried sick. He said he wanted to mail her picture frame to her and not answer her call and move to a different state. LOL! We gave it to her when she came over today. She asked if he was afraid to give it to her, he didn't lie and said yes! LOL! She was thrilled! I'm surprised she couldn't tell since I couldn't suck my tummy in anymore!

modified, good luck on your scan!!!

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! :) Well, I did feel a bit nauseous this morning and had pretty awful gas/constipation cramps, so I guess I do still have some symptoms. When do first trimester symptoms usually start to ease up? I guess it could be different for everyone. I'm really trying to stay positive. Some days are harder than others.

babydust, yeah it does get worrying when you lack symptoms. I suppose even if it was an MMC though you could still be having symptoms because HCG would still be in your body...but anyway, it is very rare I think. I'd love to buy a doppler...but I think it would just make me obsessed...

modified, so exciting! :) I too may do my gender scan earlier than 20 weeks...don't think i could wait that long!

JJs mom, it's nice not having to suck in your belly I'm sure! I find I'm doing that even if it is just the bloat...can't have people at work finding out yet!

Thanks :D I'll get the private one at 16 weeks then the NHS 20 week scan will confirm it :thumbup:

Hi all :) I am also due around 1-4 th of September .. I am new to this... :) I have had trouble conceiving .. I had surgery in October and 2 months later a miracle found out I was pregnant .. Hoping it all goes well..wishing you all the very best

Congrats Lucia! I'm happy you've got your miracle :hugs:

When i found the babies HB a week ago, the baby was up higher... like around my pant line. I got a good listen of the hb. About 2-3 days after that the baby was down a little further, but could still hear the hb good. Well the last like 3 days the baby has moved so far down to where i can barely hear the hb. Am i scaring it with the doppler? The hb is so faint that i can barely hear it and the doppler can't even pick it up. Could it be possible i have a tipped uterus? I find the baby now right around the very top of my vagina. Should i lay off the doppler for awhile? I just don't know!

babydust, your baby could just be snuggled down in there. It moves constantly. I don't know anything about a tilted uterus so I can't help you there. Your baby is still really small and bouncing around all over the place in there. :)

Lucia, congrats on your miracle!!

Went to my doc appt today, first for this office. Was supposed to get bloodwork done but they took so long I had to get home and get my son off the bus so will go in tomorrow morning to get the blood drawn. They scheduled another ultra sound next Thursday for dating. She said they like to get them around this time too and I'll see the doc then. I just saw the nurse practitioner today and was asked a million questions. Looking forward to next Thursday!! Not doing the genetic testing because they said my insurance doesn't cover it and it doesn't matter anyways because we'll love the baby no matter what. :)

tropicsgirl, with DS I found my MS symptoms (which was pretty much the only thing I was dealing with) started to ease up around 14 or 15 weeks. MS did come back for a week when I was about 18 weeks along but after 19 weeks I was FINALLY done with MS. Then not too long after that I began dealing with heartburn so it was basically one thing after another with DS. But everyone is different like you said. I am hoping MS goes away much faster this time and that I don't have heartburn as bad this time.

Welcome Lucia22! I will add you to the first post shortly!

babydust, I don't really have any advice for you as I never used a doppler at home as I figured it would just stress me out, especially if I couldn't find the heartbeat. I will say with DS, he hated when they would try to find his heartbeat with the doppler at the OB. He would always try to move away from it so perhaps that's what your baby is doing. Maybe mention it next time you see your doctor as I imagine they'll be able to answer your question about having a tipped uterus which might make you feel more reassured. Doesn't really sound like you have anything to worry about with baby though. :)

JJsmom, I hope your scan next Thursday goes well!!

AFM, still dealing with MS and the sinus infection. At least the sinus infection is getting better but I still have days where I get these awful headaches that make caring for DS so hard. Especially since it's during these times that he wants to do nothing but scream and whine. Teeth are popping up like crazy in his mouth though so I'm sure that's part of the reason for his fussiness. He's gotten 3 this month so far. He's also started pulling himself up on all kinds of things which results in him falling more and usually hitting something that hurts him.

Brittany - aww sorry you're going through a lot right now with DS. I can only imagine his screaming/whining doesn't help your headaches. I hope you start feeling better soon.

JJsmom - I hope your scan goes good next Thursday! I bet you can't wait. I hope my insurance covers the testing, but if not i totally agree with you and will love the baby no matter what!

AFM --- i have never experienced MS, but i did have sore BBs every now and then. The last week, my sore BBs have totally subsided. I don't feel pregnant at all. It worries me a lot, but once i hear the hb on doppler i feel better. I think to myself "nothing bad is going to happen. you still hear a hb... everything is fine" then i somehow talk myself out of that and think the worst. :dohh:

I read somewhere (I think in this thread actually) that once you hear the heartbeat the chance of MC goes down quite a bit. I would try to relax babydust and just consider yourself one of the lucky few that don't have to struggle with MS. I'm going on 7 weeks of MS, it's so hard on me physically and mentally. I would gladly trade places with you!

I can't imagine how you feel, still having ms!!

My mum took me and my husband out for lunch the other day and we went looking around mothercare - I was hit with nausea like before! And my usual fever-like funny turns. It was awful! But we fell in love with a pram and decided on that hah! It's weird, I've been looking at prams even pre-pregnancy cause I love them but I've always hated the one we've picked. It looks amazing in person and I'm excited to own it! It's the Quinny Moodd in Black Irony colour btw! We're not getting the carrycot because it lies flat, comes with a baby nest and my mum got us the most beautiful crib from mothercare as it was on clearance for a steal :happydance:

I always get even more worried after my mum spends money on baby that something will happen... I don't want to waste her money! But she tells me not to be silly, I'll have a baby at some point!

I haven't felt nausea since then! The funny turns are getting more common though - it happened again today. My mum's broke her arm and can't drive so I walked up to the shop with her to carry bags back and I had to stop every few minutes and sit down :nope:

I've also been experiencing a few aches and pains in my lower abdomen quite often which I've read is normal so I'm trying not to worry.. I know once I hear the heartbeat, I'll be fine though... 14 weeks today and still haven't heard it! :haha: They don't listen here unless they have worries I think :nope:

Gender scan is 2 weeks tomorrow! :happydance:

Isn't it funny how things you once hated become the perfect choice. When I was browsing online while pg with DS before we knew gender, I picked out a bedding set for both a girl and a boy. I was so in love with the girl bedding set until I saw it in the store, then I hated it. Glad I ended up having a boy considering I probably would of just bought the bedding set online without ever seeing it in person.

Made my first purchase for this baby today. I cloth diaper and most of my diapers are gender neutral colors and patterns so I will just be reusing everything for this baby but will buy a few gender specific things once we know what we're having. Anyways, one of the diapers that DS is currently using is too small for him now so I bought the next size up and a new insert so the size 1 diaper will be ready to go or this baby. I also bought some more prefold diapers (I personally found prefolds to be very convenient for a newborn). It's exciting to finally start buying stuff for baby.

Anyone else make any purchases yet? Any other cloth diaper mamas in here or ladies considering cloth?

Lots of purchases haha just nothing new recently!

We want to do cloth. There's a cloth library here that hires out a full time kit for 3 weeks with lots of different types and brands - we'll be doing that once baby is here and after we've gotten over the shock of having this new person to care for hahah. Probably after a couple of months! It's only £12 to hire it. Then we'll see what works for us and start building a stash whenever we can afford a nappy here and there :)

I've been getting lots of what I can only describe as growing pains. Stretching, pulling, stabbing, aching.

Sounds like a great deal. I know so many of the kits I've seen here are basically one brand/style of diaper but I've found that there are so many styles/brands of diapers that I just don't like. I strongly believe committing to one type of diaper right away is just setting yourself up for failure when you have no idea what type will work best for you and baby.

Also having a lot of the growing pains. Some of them freaking hurt too.

12 week scan in less than 1 week! Not really having any symptoms today...I'm starting to think maybe because I'm nearing the 2nd trimester my symptoms are slowly disappearing? Or maybe they will come back in a couple days...who knows. The only thing is sometimes I've been feeling a bit of pressure in my tummy...only way to describe it really. I just want the scan already so I don't have to worry so much!! Everyone else (including me of course) is so excited...I just don't want anything bad to happen...

I have no idea yet if I will do cloth diapers...I figure I will think more about those things once I am further along.

All of my symptoms left very suddenly around 11w6d, 12 weeks ish. I literally woke up one morning and they were gone!

I also feel a pressure quite frequently that I've put down to growing.

I woke up this morning and, as I rolled out of bed and stood up, I was shocked with a really sharp stab in my lower right hand side - it's the same as the growing pains I've been feeling but this is the first time I've felt it due to movement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->