Baby On Board - Due August/September 2014

Brittany - I can only imagine how tough it is watching a 10 month old while having MS and thinking about bringing another LO into this world. Just know that what is meant to be always finds a way. You're strong enough to face this and handle it. Once baby is born, give it a few months and everything will be a lot easier. Let us know how your 12 week scan goes! I announced to the world around 7w2d LOL. I was too damn excited.

Tropics - I've had nosebleeds too. When i blow my nose i'll have a little blood, but in the last week and a half i have had 2 nose bleeds. I do have a history with them, but i had my nose cauterized 2 years ago and haven't had a nose bleed since. I'm guessing it's pregnancy related.

AFM -- i got my doppler a week ago yesterday. I've been trying to find peanuts heartbeat every day for at least 40 mins. Finally, last night before i went to bed i tried one last time. Sure enough, i heard that strong washing machine sound :haha: It was so beautiful and made me tear up! HB got up to 184 for a split second, but hovered around 158-165. It was so beautiful. I couldn't sleep really last night because i was just so excited LOL. :cloud9:

A lady from here is letting me borrow a doppler - I can't wait for it to arrive but I'm nervous too haha

Modified it took me a lot of practice but once you find it you know where about to put the wand. I just tried looking again. Baby was on the right side of my uterus last night and I kept looking and looking. Come to find out the stinker is on the left side today! haha sooo cute

babydust, YAY for finding baby's heartbeat!!

modified, good luck with your doppler!

I found these wood frames at Walmart for $1 and I bought some glitter glue and I bought some valentines foam stickers, Some were XO's and others were hearts and some that looked like flowers. So I took the red glitter glue and wrote Grandma on top of one of the wood frames, and then decorated it, and my DH did one that said Mamaw on it for his mom and decorated it. I took a picture of my ultrasound from 7 +3 and typed "Coming Sept 2014!!" on it and printed 2 copies. I inserted those into the picture spot of the picture frame. I'm putting my mom's in the mail priority mail so she'll get it Friday for V-day and we'll give DH's mom hers on Friday as well. Then we can finally announce to everyone else!!

Awesome idea JJ <3

Had doc appointment & heard peanuts heartbeat today it was perfect in the 160s :cloud9:

Jett, awesome heart rate!!! It's always awesome to be able to hear it!!

Thanks ladies! I'll let you know how they react. MIL keeps asking when we're going to have another one. I told her last time that it'll happen when it happens, but it already had. LOL! DH went up there last Saturday without me and DS1 as DS1 and I had a date set to watch the Lego Movie. If I had gone up there I think she would have known. I can't suck my tummy in anymore and already being a bigger woman, my stomach is pretty pouched out there!

Awesome announcement idea JJ. I hope they both have a positive reaction.

We decided to announce to everyone else last night and have gotten a positive reaction. The only disappointing thing is I saw a status from an old roommate a couple hours after I announced that said, "some folks just have babies because they need attention or the parents are bored". It could just be a coincidence but it really bothers me thinking it could be about me. Especially because if it is about me I don't know how she would get that it's because I want attention. With DS, I posted two status updates related to my pregnancy (one announcing we were pregnant, and one announcing his gender), I posted one bump pic at 9 months for my family out of state since I wasn't traveling at that point, and I posted his scan pics which I'm not even doing that this time. I think if I were looking for attention, I would be posting a lot of status updates about pregnancy, weekly bump pictures, etc. etc. And what parents could be bored with a 10 month old?! I just need to not let it get to me I suppose.

Anyways, my 12 week scan went well though it took a bit of time to get the baby in the right position. He or she was asleep and just did not want to move out of the position they were in. They would flutter around for a little bit and then go right back to how they were laying. :haha: So the tech ended up having me drink more water and walk up and down the hallway which seemed to do the trick but boy was my bladder full. I probably had to stop in the bathroom at least 5 times during all the appointment stuff I had with my OB after the ultrasound. Also got my blood drawn for the genetic testing we're doing so hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks we will know the gender of our little bean. If not then, we'll be waiting until our 20 week appointment in April and really hoping our bean is more cooperative at that one.

Too lazy to actually scan the ultrasound so I took a quick photo on my phone for y'all to se. :cloud9:

Attachments

• 12 week.jpg
    12 week.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2
Aww look at bebe! Glad it went well!! I'm still worried about my sleepy 12 week scan :( Didn't see one movement :nope: wish I'd even thought to ask if there was anything I could do to wake them up!! :( :(

About the friend... I'd have said outright ".. excuse me?" How rude :nope:

I'll probably be posting bump photos when I have one and have posted the scan photos... not because I want attention but to share the pregnancy with the family I don't see. My sister especially - she's in a different country :wacko: what a weird girl! Maybe she's jealous!?

I ended up responding to her status saying something like, "I think it's sad when people get pregnant because they see babies as being cute fashion accessories. Makes me glad that both of my pregnancies were planned and wanted for no reason other than we were ready financially, emotionally, etc. to expand our family". She ended up liking my comment and then responded telling me congratulations and that she thought my sons shirt (my son announced our pregnancy) was too cute. I don't really think her post was about me and more so just a coincidence but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. We live in different states so I never see her anyways.

Also, I don't think it's wrong to post bump photos and scan pictures and such. Especially if you have family that you don't see often. Not sure if I was coming off like people shouldn't post that stuff or something. I just found with how little I shared the first time around with DS, my mom and MIL just got out of control and it's really made me not want to share pregnancy stuff with them so I'm just leaving more stuff between DH and I.

Oh and how long do they schedule your ultrasound for modified? They give the techs an hour for ultrasounds here in case the baby is uncooperative. The tech was saying they have all kinds of tricks for trying to get the baby to move. Like she had me try to turn on my side since sometimes a change in position can move the baby, she had me use the bathroom to see if emptying some of the water I drank prior to the ultrasound would help, then she had me walking up and down the hallway while I drank another 8 ozs of water.

Britt - i didn't think that status was about you, but how ironic she posted it RIGHT after your announcement! Some people just don't think of how it will make someone else feel. The night i announced, i had a girl post on facebook "Wow, 2 pregnancy announcements tonight. Makes me sad. I want another baby". I made ANOTHER status stating that OH and i have lost 2 babies in the past and have been trying for 2 years. People just seem to see what they want to see and don't realize the struggle behind things. I want people to be HAPPY for me. Not jealous. We can't ever please everyone, so why bother? It just does rubs you the wrong way. So happy your scan went great!! Baby looks nice and healthy :)

I can't help but keep posting about the baby on facebook lol. I'm just so excited. I've already started taking pics of my belly just to have for the future for baby! Has anyone started a journal? I want to do one for the baby because my mom did one with my sister and i. It's so neat to go back and read the thoughts and feelings she was having. I started a journal with my first miscarriage. I'm so skeptical about doing it again because i'm afraid i'll jinx it, but i SOOO badly want the memories.

I've been working on a pregnancy journal on shutterfly. Love that I can add pictures and text and personalize the pages how I want them. With DS I just got a regular blank journal and just wrote to him about whatever was happening in my life while pregnant with him. I'm really happy I did it as I think it will be nice for him to look back on. Especially one day in the future when/if he's ever expecting his own child.

I didn't think you meant that! She said about wanting attention then you said you didn't have a baby for attention, heck you didn't even post photos etc - that's what I was talking about :dohh: sorry!

I haven't taken any bump photos... I'm overweight and carry it all in my belly (so I have a bit of one!).. I figured I might take pictures once I actually look pregnant and not still "just fat".

I was also waiting until 12 weeks to start a journal but haven't found one I like... I like the ones where you just fill it in cause it's less effort!

Ilovelucy, that's too bad you head to read something like that. This is one of the downsides of FB I think...I tend to care too much about what people think of me...so I am a bit worried when/if I announce my pregnancy on FB. So many of my friends do not have kids or are even in serious relationships...so I feel that many of them will not understand...but oh well.

My mother suggested I start a journal as well since you tend to forget things later....maybe I will do that.

modified, I get what you mean. Though I am not considered overweight, I tend to gain all my weight in my belly area anyway. I'm anxious to know when I will actually start "showing."

Constipation yesterday and today...no fun. Lots of gas cramps too...

Brittany, sorry you had to read that so close to your post! Some people will post things when they see something that someone they don't like posts stuff and doesn't think about those that it might affect. FB is a real hard area as so many people have their own opinions and will post whatever they want because they themselves want the attention. Honestly, I hate FB anymore. I'm still always on there, but people post so much stupid stuff anymore it's crazy. When I announce it on FB I might just put up the weekly update status and let people figure it out from there. Then again, I might not and just make a post. But I am one who posts things about my children because of my family that doesn't see me that often and my mom/sis/brother who live across the country. Glad your scan went well!! It's always fun when they want to get your baby moving! I remember with DS2 they put the prod to my tummy and wiggled it all around! I felt like she was just shaking my fat everywhere! LOL!

Well I tell you what, I'm a big girl like I said before and when I eat, I look so pregnant. I've already gained 6 lbs....seriously with both my boys I gained 15 lbs total! And that is where the doc wanted me. I'm scared to go to my first appt at my regular OB and have them tell me I'm gaining too much too quickly! I haven't been very nauseous and when I am I end up just eating a snack and feel better. But I am all over the place with food right now! DH is supposed to lose 5 more lbs to get into the Army and he still hasn't lost any and here I am gaining!!!! I told him I am not supposed to gain and he's supposed to lose. I blame being stuck inside all day because my car was out of commission for a whole month! I have got to start exercising!

Hope all of you are doing well!!!

I haven't had any bloat in days either! Literally the only symptom I've had for days is still the exhaustion... which I'm not sure if it's cause I'm pregnant or because my sleep is not good. But then I don't know if my sleep is not good because I'm pregnant or because it's just not good :haha:

The really weird dreams are back though!

I'm lucky that I have no friends hahaha - no one to post cryptic or hurtful messages!! :haha: :blush:

I'm now officially 13 weeks!! :happydance: (my ticker is slow... it runs on some American time and doesn't update until 6am GMT!)

Happy 13 weeks Modified!

I too am a big girl. Like i said, i was 210 when i found out i was prego and now i'm 223 :/ I've gained entirely too much already in such a short amount of time. I'm eating everything i want when i see it and i have to stop! I was 315 at my heaviest and i DO NOT want to go back there. I strictly drank water and no soda, the last month i have drank SO much soda it's unreal. I need to quit.

I think i'll do the journal. It will be really great for the kids to read. I tried finding baby with the doppler today. I think he/she was snuggled deep inside because the HB was so faint. I couldn't get a good listen. It was wiggling around moving from the sound i think because it was all over the place LOL.

I think pregnancy in general is really hard on our us with the weight gain and such, especially if you were already unhappy with your weight or appearance or whatever. I lost all my pregnancy weight plus another 10 lbs before I got pregnant thanks to breastfeeding but my stomach is still so flabby from when I carried DS. Though everyone tells me I look great, when I look at the bump pictures I have taken I feel like my bump is just my flab hanging over my pants since I definitely didn't have a flat stomach before I got pregnant.

As for the weight gain, I find that mine is all over the place. I need to drink a lot more water because I discovered while pregnant with DS that if I didn't drink enough my weight would steadily go up as the day progressed.

Anyways, here is my 12 week bump/bloat. Almost a third of the way done.

Attachments

• 12 week bump.jpg
    12 week bump.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
Mom got her photo frame today in the mail! She finally called and was like what?!?!?! She was super excited! So my DS1 started talking to her and my stepdad and the call died. So he tried calling them back with it going straight to vml. So then they finally called him back. She asked when I was going to tell my sis/brother I said as soon as I can get a pic of the ultrasound and send it to them. So we finally hang up and I'm still trying to get DS2 to sleep. No sooner did we hang up that my sister calls. She said what's up? I said nothing, just trying to get Colt to sleep. She said, yeah but what's going on....I repeated myself. She said mom called her and told her if I hadn't text her yet to be on the lookout for a text from me. So my sister wasn't going to wait. I started to get impatient and said look, I've been trying to get Colt asleep for the past 40 mins and I haven't been able to. I just need to get him in bed as it's already 9:10!! So she was grumpy and finally let me go. So I even had DS1 take the pic for me so I could send it to her right away. I called her back after I got DS2 to sleep and she still hadn't got the pic. And she wasn't going to give up this time. She kept pressing me to tell her what the pic was so I finally gave in. She was like..really.....? I said yeah!! She was about as excited as dad was. She said well I guess I'm just worried..OK, so dad/sis worried, mom excited. Heck last time it was Dad/Sis excited, mom worried! We'll be giving DH's mom hers tomorrow as she's coming by after he gets off work.

eta: Oh, and when the phone went to vml when DS1 tried calling them back, turns out my mom jumped on the phone to call my sis and leave a vml to call her back ASAP when the phone call had dropped when DS1 was on it. She just happened to call her back as soon as we hung up the second time.

JJsmom, wow! Sound a bit stressful to have your sis wanting to tell you while your so busy...but I'm glad they are excited for you! There's always one family member who's a bit more worried it seems like...

I don't know why I'm so worried today. :( Maybe it's because I've been having cramps that are similar to AF cramps, but I'm almost positive it's from constipation...It seems the closer I get to the 12 week scan the more scared I get that they will tell me the baby has no heartbeat. :( I am honestly so scared right now it's ridiculous! I have been reading way too much about MMC's to be honest and I don't know why I let myself do that...

Anyway, I think the other factor is that besides constipation and being tired (I feel like I'm usually tired even when I'm not pregnant...) I don't feel any different. It scares me because even though I know it doesn't mean anything is wrong, sometimes I feel too "normal" to be pregnant. Honestly, sometimes I even forget that I am (when I'm keeping myself busy...)

Modified, I also had another strange/creepy dream last night about murders...:/ I felt it was so real too!! That's so great that you're at 13 weeks now! :)

Ilovelucy, you look great! Honestly I probably look the same as you...maybe a little more bloated at times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->