Bevziibubble's Christmas Journal 2023

Bevziibubble

Reaction score

So I figured I could start a Christmas journal now that I've FINALLY started my Christmas shopping with just a month to go until Christmas :dohh:
We won't be getting much this year as we are in financial difficulties as we had to go private to get an ADHD assessment for Holly because of the insane NHS waiting lists. Turns out she didn't have ADHD, but they think she has autism (there is a lot of overlap in symptoms). We invested everything we had into that and are now in a lot of debt and really have to cut back this year sadly, but the kids understand. So we are trying to sort an Autism Assessment now.

Holly just wants money for Christmas. We are getting her a few other bits too though so she's still got stuff to open.
James wants half money and half presents.

We went to smyths this morning and got so far:

JAMES:
Table football set
Chess board game
Etch art creations set
Times tables book
Space book
Bubbles

HOLLY:
Fidget mega fun box
Metallic tangle toy
Gel pens

I'm so glad we've finally made a start and I feel much more organised

20231120_100819_copy_1847x1334.jpg

Lovely gifts! Those assessments are so stressful. We should be looking to get one for A but we are slacking.

Putting the Christmas tree up today. The kids are decorating it and it looks terrible :haha: I honestly don't care though, my mental health is so bad this year I just want the tree to be done whatever it looks like

Ordered some more stuff today that Holly has asked for for Christmas:
Cycling shorts
Tippex mouse set
Papermate set
Hairbrush styling set
Fidgets
Kawaii carton cat pens

Mum fail. I have not got the kids any advent calendars :dohh: I checked in Aldi and there were none there. I don't think Holly would eat one anyway but James loves them. I am going to go to B&M after work tomorrow and hope they have some left. I've had so much to deal with lately I didn't realise how close December was getting. And I lost the elf but found it again so I'll put that downstairs later once James is asleep.

Oh no! I hope someone has one. If all else fails get a box of chocolates and just give him one each day. Or chocolate Coins and write numbers on them and then he has to hunt through the treasure to find today's coin

Somebody somewhere will have one! If not, I second motherofboys idea! Blame those naughty elves for taking it!

Good idea, I will try the chocolate each day. I tried so many shops today and none left

Aww that's such a shame. But yeah try something like that, it'll be better than nothing and he's still got the elf etc and can still count down to Christmas.

James saw santa yesterday in a shop. He gave £1 and told santa what he wanted for Christmas. Then when he got outside he said it's just an old man scamming people :dohh: He told us the other week he's not believed for the two years and everyone at school doesn't believe in him either.

Oh no, I can't believe he doesn't believe already! My kids still all believe and I don't know what I'm going to do when they stop. Are you still going to do Santa gifts?

We will still do santa gifts but they know they're from us

It's Christmas eve two weeks today and I'm feeling very disorganised! All my cards are done and sent. We have quite a few of the presents but nothing is wrapped yet.
Terry has taken Holly out to choose the top that she wants from JD but she can't have it until Christmas. I really need to make time to do the wrapping, I think I'll feel more organised once that is done.

I know what you mean. I need to wrap for the boys and send a parcel and I think that I'll feel more organised

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->