book worms : what have you been reading?

I've just read 'A midwifes confession' & 'Lost Daughter' both by Diane Chamberlain and they was both amazing I couldnt put them down.. I think shes a better then Jodi Picoult! Gonna look for some more books by her now x

the good father is another good one

i really like her too :thumbup:

Oh I'll check that 1 out thanks :flower: I've just ordered 'Breaking the silence' by her xx

that one's still on my to buy list
meant to be really good :thumbup:

i've just finished the night circus

AMAZING!

you kind of want to jump into the book and never leave

:haha:

Me too! I adored the twins Widget and Poppy! Makes me want to name a little boy Winston! It really stayed with me that book x

Now reading: The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, Murikami, nearly given up on it a few times, I like Murukami but the amount of detail in this book is driving me up the wall!

Just finished The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen. It was quite good - not as great as some of her books but I still found I couldn't put it down. Definitely worth a read, she's a fab author - highly recommend her if you like crime thrillers x

Read the first 50 shades, the books are like marmite I feel. Love marmite unfortunately I seem to be in the minority and this book just bored me. It was a case that I started so I will finish, doubt I will bother with the other two.

Reading 50 shades of pink sample at the moment, one chapter in and I actually laughed out loud.

Just finish Summer of love by Katie Fforde and I really enjoyed that one, predictable ending but still you need that every now and again.

Going to start reading water for elephants today. I need to keep my mind off of pregnancy. Always looking for book suggestions so I'm happy I've found this thread. Hope you don't mind my butting in!

I'm reading a book called confessions of a sex addict... it is rather RUDE.

Going to start reading water for elephants today. I need to keep my mind off of pregnancy. Always looking for book suggestions so I'm happy I've found this thread. Hope you don't mind my butting in!

welcome aboard the story train lol

i really enjoyed water for elephants
quite sad in places but so funny in others

:flower:

*runs to kindle store*

I'm currently reading a freebie book from the kindle store, "She's got to be mine" by Jennifer Skull, it's nothing great but still a good pick up put down read that you can get into easily, just intrigued where the story is going!

i'm going to watch water for elephants now
didn't even realise it was made into a film

:dohh: :rofl:

i dislike patterson i hope he doesn't ruin it for me

i'm going to watch water for elephants now
didn't even realise it was made into a film

:dohh: :rofl:

i dislike patterson i hope he doesn't ruin it for me

I had seen the advertisements for it sometime ago but haven't seen it. I may want to see it once I'm finished reading this though. Kindle says I'm 30% through it so far. Will probably be dinished in a day or two. I like it so far. Curious to see where it goes.

ive just started torey haydens book-overheard in a dream -ive nearly finished it already

I had seen the advertisements for it sometime ago but haven't seen it. I may want to see it once I'm finished reading this though. Kindle says I'm 30% through it so far. Will probably be dinished in a day or two. I like it so far. Curious to see where it goes.

the film's not bad, no where near as good as the book
though, the film's more serious when he's telling the story
one of the things i like about the book was the fact the
humour broke up some of the horrible bits

plus there's no ring master and marlena should be alot younger
they missed a few things out too

still made me cry though :blush: :rofl:

*runs to kindle store*

I'm currently reading a freebie book from the kindle store, "She's got to be mine" by Jennifer Skull, it's nothing great but still a good pick up put down read that you can get into easily, just intrigued where the story is going!

It was free when I downloaded it off amazon :thumbup:

As to be expected for a movie based off of a book I suppose. I will see it after I am finished reading it eventually. More than half way through the book now. I usually put off seeing movies that are based on books so I could read them first. Hence the reason I haven't seen the hunger games among others.

I'm reading Still Among the Living by Zachary Klein. It's a PI mystery.

As to be expected for a movie based off of a book I suppose. I will see it after I am finished reading it eventually. More than half way through the book now. I usually put off seeing movies that are based on books so I could read them first. Hence the reason I haven't seen the hunger games among others.

snap

i'm waiting for the dvd to come out
i'm looking forward to them making the 3rd one
should be amazing!

:happydance:

I finished reading water for elephants in one day:dohh: I think this is the first time I've ever read a book in one day.I've done 1 1/2 but never like 12 hrs. I am unemployed now and not at all busy and I just wanted to keep reading and not bother doing much else. I really enjoyed it. It was relaxing too and kept my mind off of pregnancy related things. I'll be looking for more suggestions now as I'll be buying a new book tomorrow. Enjoying this thread as well:thumbup:

This will be a long post as I'll write down the books I've read in the past...probably 8 months or so (I never was a big reader before and had only read a few through high school, early 20's, I was too busy doing naughty teenagerish things:haha:) I figure this way you ladies could help me decide which books I'd like to read next!

Christopher Moore (this guy is hilarious it's just comedy and not really meant to be anything else not the best stories etc...just funny)
-Practical Demonkeeping
-Lust lizard or melancholy cove
-The stupidest angel
-Lamb (the best one by far but about Jesus and some Christians maybe be offended)
-Fluke

Jodi Picoult
-Plain truth
-My sister's keeper
-Salem falls (about witches...oooh, lol, enjoy that part)
There seems to be a pattern with her writing, at least with these 3 anyway. I like them, some are better than others.

Music oriented-
-I Me Mine, George Harrison, Just about lyrics really nothing special, part autobiography
-Bob Dylan Chronicles Vol1- Very much written by Bob Dylan with flowery writing and such-nothing special, autobiography
-Twenty Thousand Roads, The ballad of Gram Parsons and his Cosmic American Music by David N Meyer- Very good for a musicians biography he had a very sad and strange life.
-I also started reading a biography about The Band but the writing was awful so I never finished. I like to read about people I like or have interest in but not all autobiographies and biographies are written nicely.

Misc-
-Raising the perfect child through guilt and manipulation
Written by comedian Elizabeth Beckwith it was funny but it was really just the story of herchildhood and her own personal experiences. Reminded me a bit of my own family also being strict Catholics.

Classics-
-The Catcher in the Rye
-The Great Gatsby
-To Kill a Mockingbird
Loved them all really some more than others though. To kill a mokingbird definately favorite of the three...

Just read-
-Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Very good!

Also read 4 books by the same author, (can't remember who or titles) that I borrowed from a friend but they were basically teen love stories. They were written very simply for teenagers and very 'teenish' I wasn't sold on them but they were quick easy reads.:shrug:

So that's what I've read about this past year. I'm always looking for new books to read but I can never decide on one. I'm also really bad about wanting to buy a book by looking at it's cover but luckily I resist. I enjoy pretty much anything that isn't written poorly and is interesting. I like stories set in different countries and during wars with a lot of culture. I also like a little comedy and a little romance. I think I'm pretty easy to please as far as what to read goes.Any suggestions?

the noughts and crosses trilogy are good teen
reads if you're after something easy but not
childish, i really enjoyed them

:thumbup:

if you go on amazon you can read the first chapter
of pretty much every book, i tend to go on there and
go through the popular ones with good reviews and
save the ones i like the sound of to my wish list and
then go round asda and charity shops picking them
up alot cheaper :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online